Players/Ex-Players you liked but never got the recognition

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some the players in this thread got all the recognition they deserved - Numan? Albertz? Reyna? etc.

Some of them are regarded as some of our best ever players.

Some folk don't get the rules :lol:

Either that or they think the recognition got wasn't enough. :lol:

Mikhailichenko

Arveladze

Hemdani

3 amazing footballers, Arveladze was one of my all time favourites, Chenks is my all time favourite.

Arveladze was one of my favourite players under Eck. Gutted when he left, scored some right crakers.

Hemdani an "amazing footballer" ? steady on.

Give it 2 years and guys like Beasley will be a wing wizard and Faye was the ultimate holding midfielder.

He would have been if he wasn't still picking out Vinegar of Castlemilk's studs out his head.

Aye.

That's an over-exaggeration in my eyes, but no doubt some others will agree with you.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder and that. I didn't hear anyone screaming that this "amazing footballer" should be playing when he was froze out.

That's an over-exaggeration in my eyes, but no doubt some others will agree with you.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder and that. I didn't hear anyone screaming that this "amazing footballer" should be playing when he was froze out.

It probably is, in fact of course it is, but imo, he was a very fine football player.

I wasnt here then, so i cant comment. But when he wasnt in the team, when he could have been, i did ask friends, why is he not in.

(tu)

This get's done all the time, but I'm always happy to do it again :D

Steven Thompson

Bojan Djordic

Jermone Bonnisell

Tjero Pentilla

Gary McSwegan

Julian Rodriguez

Chris Burke

Maktar N'Dayie

Lee Martin

I also thought Maniero would have done a job, if given the chance.

I liked the look of Stevie Lennon, Moses Ashikodi and Steven Mclean on the couple of first team games I seen them play as youngsters, thought they would have been first team players but I accept I'm wrong as they haven't done anything of note since leaving.

Gutted it never worked out for him, looked a cracking prospect. I always remembers a game against Killie, think we drew, and he was great with the ball at his feet. Again, had it not been for injuries...

Mark Walters

Richard Gough in relation to the praise other captains have got ie Butcher and Amoruso.

Chris Woods

Who on earth gives Amoruso more credit than Gough? :lol:

People born after 1990 maybe. And the hard of learning.

Bobby Russell...... how he was never capped once for Scotland was sad...... a lad straight from Shettleston Juniors and was outstanding in our treble winning 1977-78 side.... brilliant with both feet....and could take a few digs from opponents as well....also maybe Gordon Smith who arrived same season as Russell...bit gangly but was a good for a few goals.....