Rangers fans are part of the problem too

maineflyer

The banner was just ridiculous - which to be fair, isn't connected with the RST.

But the RST have done a very good job in recent months in standing up for the supporters within the mainstream press. The reality is, the more members the RST has, the louder and more powerful they can become. It annoys me when folk, who don't join the RST, criticise what they actually do.

Give me the RST speaking for me any day over Alastair Johnston or Martin Bain.

If people REALLY want to make a difference then they would join the RST and the more members they have, the more impact they can make.

Season ticket sales and attendances are down all over.

Football is too expensive, it's that simple.

Yep, I agree.

The season ticket culture is slowly dying off. The matchday experience and product is not worth your while spending £400 on an ST. Clubs in Scotland, and the UK, need to start embracing rover sections and standing areas at games.

The banner was just ridiculous - which to be fair, isn't connected with the RST.

But the RST have done a very good job in recent months in standing up for the supporters within the mainstream press. The reality is, the more members the RST has, the louder and more powerful they can become. It annoys me when folk, who don't join the RST, criticise what they actually do.

If people REALLY want to make a difference then they would join the RST and the more members they have, the more impact they can make.

The RST had many more members than they do now. If they are doing such a splendid job, why have they all left in droves?

The reason why some people are no longer coming to Ibrox is not just boycotts or economics: with some there is an apathy- the narrative surrounding the Club in the last few years has dented the enthusiasm of some. This year I got my daughter a season ticket' date=' along with my son, as a way of giving more money to the Club. We enjoy it, but there is certainly more apathy attaching itself to the Club these days in comparison with previous years [/quote']

I agree with that Turnberry - and it comes from the top. The entire club is stale and lacking any real drive from boardroom to playing staff. Whether Whyte actually puts money in or not is a moot point, even a symbolic change of ownership is important for us right now because it's a depressing time to be rangers fan right now.

...Why is it that those with apparently little or no skill to create or implement worthwhile strategies are the ones who always promote themselves into positions of prominence? ...

Welcome to the world of politics. Frustrating as Hell.

The RST, like any organisation, will only strengthen its membership through leadership.

Find the fans a strong leader, with the correct principles, and the proper motive for being there, and the members will flock in.

In its current state, with all the bad publicity that has surrounded it recently, coupled with the sometimes ludicrous statements made on our (the fans') behalf, it's going nowhere.

In his infinite wisdom i wonder what the OP has done to change things...apart from post on a MB....

Well General, I suppose the least I've done is to get one sanctimonius prick to join me on this MB. I'd hoped to change some views but in your case, obviously not.

Well General, I suppose the least I've done is to get one sanctimonius prick to join me on this MB. I'd hoped to change some views but in your case, obviously not.

thats not the correct reaction. you diminishing your credibilty with a response like that which encoutages me to tell less notice to your OP.