Real Madrid v Tottenham Hotspur CL QF L1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's not that . I actually enjoy watching spurs play . Their almost wreckless abandon and free flowing attacking play more often than not makes for exciting games .

But IMO the sooner all epl sides go out the better . Then I can watch the ucl for what it is . Great teams , great players and great games . The unbelievably biased commentating and mass wankathon surrounding the English sides in Europe is a huge spoiler for me .

I know what you mean, i really dont like the english national side coz of the commentators and the press surrounding it all but i still want the english teams (apart from chelsea and liverpool) doing well.

Fixtures like thise with spus being the relatively small side they are up against giants like madrid i would always like to see the underdog do well and never like to see them down to 10 men so early in the tie!!

Agree with your poing about the commentry though but i imagine it being the same in ever country!!

Mourinho was in charge when the pumped them 5-0. If Real were as good a team as Barcelona, they would not be 8 points behind them.

I agree with this to an extent - because they are 8 points behind shows they arent as consistent as barcelona and the 5-0 drubbing as emphatic as it was was still only one game - on another day under different circumstances and with lessons learned things could be very different, especially in the semi finals of the CL

I hope barca beat them btw, was just saying nothing is certain

I agree with this to an extent - because they are 8 points behind shows they arent as consistent as barcelona and the 5-0 drubbing as emphatic as it was was still only one game - on another day under different circumstances and with lessons learned things could be very different, especially in the semi finals of the CL

I hope barca beat them btw, was just saying nothing is certain

Was just my opinion m8. It could be different but I only see one outcome if they play each other.

I fucking despise Ronaldo. Diving cheating fuck.

Great player though.

I actually think he's become less of a prick. Less greedy, (slightly) less fannying around, slightly less diving.

Still loathe him mind you.

I actually think he's become less of a prick. Less greedy, (slightly) less fannying around, slightly less diving.

Still loathe him mind you.

What i dont like is when he takes a dive then is on the ground waving about for a free kick and then when its clearly not given he stays on his arse crying about it like an utter wanker - it lets his team mates down and it happense at least once i game

Well the red card has killed the game as a spectacle - if Tottenham can hang on to 1-0 they'll have done well, they've even had a few chances.

I think Real are quite a way behind Barca to be honest, in fact I'd expect Chelsea or Man Utd to beat this Madrid team. They are not at all settled as unit, play great football but nowhere not organised enough to be Champions League winners IMO.

Also, Wilkins commentary is getting beyond a joke. Your the commentator not the coach Ray!

the 5-0 drubbing as emphatic as it was was still only one game

It is certainly true that the 5-0 was just one game. It is also true that it was just one of a series of victories in which Guardiola's Barcelona remain undefeated against Real, including a 6-2 win at the Bernabeu.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Madrid have a chance, other than the fact that football is, as they say, a funny old game.

It is certainly true that the 5-0 was just one game. It is also true that it was just one of a series of victories in which Guardiola's Barcelona remain undefeated against Real, including a 6-2 loss at the Bernabeu.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Madrid have a chance, other than the fact that football is, as they say, a funny old game.

CL games are so tight so it would be very different from a domestic meeting between the 2 sides and mourinho has proved he is a master when it caomes to these sort of games

I would def have barca as favourites though as would most, i think this real madrid team is far from the finished article!