UEFA to hammer Rangers

Jelle1880

Not what the stats and say but never mind thats what we used to be - its time to decide what we are going to be!

This makes me despair - I know what we are, and what we used to be.

I have no reason to have to decide what we are going to be.

I love that bit - we've done it scince the 30's so should keep doing it! :lol:

Just think of all the changes society has gone through since then - and we have to change as well. Religion will be all but gone in the next 30 years but I can still see we enclalves of OF fans 'keeping the faith - in a 90 min GIRFUY way'

I look forward to you being over and fulfilling your promise to get arrested so you can fight this all the way! Mind you by the time you do eventually show up this will have blown over unless you are coming soon.

After all by then we will have a definitive list of songs that are deemed sectarian - and thus illegal (and I would be stunned if TBB is not on that list) and as you wont do anything 'illegal' in your protest I think your proposed crusade will be a damp squib.

Why should we not continue to sing the Billy Boys? is it Illegal...Is it sectarian...is it offensive to you as a Rangers supporter?...or are you just a fuckin sook that doesn't want to offend cunts who hate our very existence?

As to your 2nd part of your post...As far as I can recollect, I never made any promise that I would get arrested...What I said, was that I would definitely sing the Billy Boys in front of a very high up Police Officer in the Scottish Police force...Now whether he arrests me or not, is his prerogative and problem, not mine. :D

Next statement: Do you really think singing of contentuous songs at football matches will ever disappear? If so you are probably the only person in the country who would think like that.

A definitive list of banned songs: Now that would mean that EVERY club and their supporters would have to abide by the Laws of the Realm and be treated equally...Right?

That being the case, was this not what I indicated to begin with?...

"If there was a legal piece of paper handed over to Rangers FC by the European Court (NOT UEFA) that stated categorically that the Billy Boys was deemed sectarian and ILLEGAL,I would be the first to down tools and accept the decision...As long as that law was applied to all clubs in Europe fairly and squarely without fear or favour."

Lastly: What makes you think the Billy Boys will be on that banned list?

*Edit... " Religion will be all but gone in the next 30 years" :lol:

That is the fuckin most idiotic statement I've ever heard in my life...and that's saying something.

No wonder you spend your time jousting at fuckin windmills, Quixote Pete! :pipe:

Our club made money through religion and have done so for generations.

As have both sides,minstral...but there are people who would rather not admit it and act like the three bloody monkeys whenever that subject crops up. Take away the religion and it would be just another football match between two sets of fans who don't like each other.

Their kind don't give a fuck aboot hollow victories mate.

Don’t kid yourself mate - they give a big fuck about hollow victories.

The Rangers, as we know, do not officially recognise the fact we have done 9IAR twice or that we done it first. A matter of respect.

Compare that with the unsporting wing and titles won during another war in 1914-1918. They disgust me.

Thats quite good - but you've asked him for his opinion.

Thats where the problem is in my opinion. All we seem to have are opinions from everybody.

What we need to know is.........................................Is it illegal to sing TBB at a football match (all versions)?

Well done though and don't forget to post yer reply. (tu)

I've not asked them for an opinion mate, I've asked Strathclyde Police as an organisation on exactly where they stand on the matter from a legal viewpoint.

Thats a decent emial mate.

However its really UEFA imo that all our emails should be aimed at.

Raising questions like

IS there a reason only Rangers fans are targetted?

IS there a reason why people can openly sing about terrorist orginisations?

IS there a reason why a UEFA delegate can post a report containing literally no report about singing yet UEFA open an investigation on the word of who?

ANd more stuff like this. Im glad you emailed mate as we need more people fighting this. Im getting sick of the "thats what tarriers do" brigade. We need to fight these cretins

I do appreciate that the issue in the news at the moment is with UEFA, but we really need to establish exactly how we stand on this issue at home in the first instance. IMO UEFA have already started to backtrack and quite frankly make a cunt of themselves with ridiculous statements about "anti IRA songs"!!! Regardless of who instigated this whole farce I beieve that if Rangers stand their ground this time and ask for some real answers to some big questions UEFA will wish they'd never opened this can of worms again.

Why should we not continue to sing the Billy Boys? is it Illegal...Is it sectarian...is it offensive to you as a Rangers supporter?...or are you just a fuckin sook that doesn't want to offend cunts who hate our very existence?

As to your 2nd part of your post...As far as I can recollect, I never made any promise that I would get arrested...What I said, was that I would definitely sing the Billy Boys in front of a very high up Police Officer in the Scottish Police force...Now whether he arrests me or not, is his prerogative and problem, not mine. :D

Next statement: Do you really think singing of contentuous songs at football matches will ever disappear? If so you are probably the only person in the country who would think like that.

A definitive list of banned songs: Now that would mean that EVERY club and their supporters would have to abide by the Laws of the Realm and be treated equally...Right?

That being the case, was this not what I indicated to begin with?...

"If there was a legal piece of paper handed over to Rangers FC by the European Court (NOT UEFA) that stated categorically that the Billy Boys was deemed sectarian and ILLEGAL,I would be the first to down tools and accept the decision...As long as that law was applied to all clubs in Europe fairly and squarely without fear or favour."

Lastly: What makes you think the Billy Boys will be on that banned list?

*Edit... " Religion will be all but gone in the next 30 years" :lol:

That is the fuckin most idiotic statement I've ever heard in my life...and that's saying something.

No wonder you spend your time jousting at fuckin windmills, Quixote Pete! :pipe:

Wow never seen anyone back up on a pledge so quick - singing TBB to you cousin in the house is hardly the actions of the 'tough independant minded' person you want to be seen as - never seen such a quick retraction - so basically your previous posts about you'll sing in front of the police were, well not lies,they were a bit like me screaming at your imagined pack of singers and shouting at them from the next street down.

As for the religion statement - you may not be able to spot change but change is coming - whether you deny it or not.

If your singing banned songs though sadly you're speaking for the rest of us.....

I don't claim to speak for anyone else, those organisations do. Signing up to something which gives thanks to Jack McConnell for all his help, is not the acts of the type of Rangers men I know. Others, like yourself, will have there own views.

Wow never seen anyone back up on a pledge so quick - singing TBB to you cousin in the house is hardly the actions of the 'tough independant minded' person you want to be seen as - never seen such a quick retraction - so basically your previous posts about you'll sing in front of the police were, well not lies,they were a bit like me screaming at your imagined pack of singers and shouting at them from the next street down.

As for the religion statement - you may not be able to spot change but change is coming - whether you deny it or not.

[/quote

Aye! well I'll happily do what I believe in and you can keep doing what you imagine is right.

I never back down on a statement, so you can keep on believing whatever you wish.

Religion will be gone in 30 years? Aye that'll be fuckin right....Dream on Quixote! :sleep1:

Polly bag sounds better, they're usually found in the gutters with all the jakey neds, though i'm trying not to say things and get myself a warning, been a pretty loyal user of rmed for nearly 5 years now and aim to keep it that way.

while i don't agrree with the song getting sung if they are gonnaget us into trouble..... comparing rangers fans to jakey neds in the gutter is just disgusting and no real fan would ever speak about a fellow bear like that

and fwiw july 07 to april 11 is closer to 4 years than 5 :P

Don’t kid yourself mate - they give a big fuck about hollow victories.

The Rangers, as we know, do not officially recognise the fact we have done 9IAR twice or that we done it first. A matter of respect.

Compare that with the unsporting wing and titles won during another war in 1914-1918. They disgust me.

The tarriers don't recognise our first nine consecutive titles either, but strangely enough, they include wartime matches when they tally up Jimmy McGrory's goals.

Most of the fans complaining about the songs would have had to sit and listen to them for years,

'They have nothing to do with Rangers'

So these song being sang by Rangers fans to spur on Rangers for as long as I've been breathing(over 30 yrs) isn't Rangers related?.

Fuck off.

point missed as usual :P

i LOVE these songs and have sung them since i was a wee boy, the point most of "us handwringers" is that right NOW, singing these songs is hurting our club. I would love nothing more than uefa saying " fuck it, sing what you want". but that isn't the case

they have offered to support the club in fighting any charge.

but informations thin on the ground its hard to make a statment.

They previously backed the club's stance over TBB. They were also party to threats about the club refusing their allocation to games away from Ibrox. The RSA were too.

Well how about we stick up for ourselves. Fair enough dont sing it in europe, but as for in Scotland , i hope everyone sings these songs as the taigs get away with their i.r.a pish

hi bud, don't you think it's up to the club to stick up for us and fight out this issue, i do.

untill then i feel it's a good idea to do what you said " stop singing these songs in europe" as its singing them in uefa ties that is getting us into trouble.

The club needs to make the stand here, not the fans. Once the club starts fighting our corner then us doing it too makes more sense. Fans doing it while recieveing no support from the club as a whole, will not help anything.

also i would like to point out that kanjo seems like a tit and his views in no way mirror mine lol

point missed as usual :P

i LOVE these songs and have sung them since i was a wee boy, the point most of "us handwringers" is that right NOW, singing these songs is hurting our club. I would love nothing more than uefa saying " fuck it, sing what you want". but that isn't the case

I know mate it's looking dire if the club won't stand up for themselves so we're left with no choice but to stop if the fuckers keep fining us.

I know mate it's looking dire if the club won't stand up for themselves so we're left with no choice but to stop if the fuckers keep fining us.

sad but true mate.

trust me on this, if uefa ever do a turnaround, i will be out there belting out TBB loud and proud with the rest of you