When UEFA gets tough

Never bought the Scotsman in my life, but out of chance did so today, and what I read actually incensed me.

So Rangers are being hit with a 100k fine and a 3 game ban for sectarian singing, but compare this to some of the punishments for what I consider to be much worse crimes

SERBIA VS ITALY

Serbia fans riot and cause the game to be abandoned

Punishment : €120,000 fine and one game fan ban

AUSTRIA WIEN VS BILBAO

Pitch invasion, throwing of fireworks and missiles

Punishment : Two game fan ban

MARSEILLE VS ZENIT

Zubar, Taiwo and Niang all racially abused as bananas were thrown and monkey chants were heard

Punishment : $58,000 fine and then $10,000 for second offence

Now I don't believe the singing of TBB to be anywhere near as bad as any of these incidnets, yet we're being hit with must more severe punishments.

We've not been hit with any punishment yet mate. At the moment it's all speculation and scaremongering.

What if they even find us not guilty?

But I agree with your sentiment. Singing a song is fuck-all and people have their priorities all wrong.

We've not been hit with any punishment yet mate. At the moment it's all speculation and scaremongering.

What if they even find us not guilty?

But I agree with your sentiment. Singing a song is fuck-all and people have their priorities all wrong.

Yeah I know mate, should've been more clear, but I'm just talking about the punishment that's being touted :)

the daily records reporting of it summed it up to me.

Headline ; RANGERS FINED 100K AND GET 3 MATCH AWAY BAN.

Sub headline ; UEFA FIND RANGERS GUILTY OF SECTARIAN SINGING

Story ; Rangers fans have been given a 3 match away ban and fined 100k after UEFA confirmed they had been found guilty of singing sectarian songs again.

NONE of which is true.

Story ; Rangers fans have been given a 3 match away ban and fined 100k after UEFA confirmed they had been found guilty of singing sectarian songs again.

NONE of which is true.

I'd sue them if I was a Rangers backroom staff.

Just a shame none of ours give a shit about us fans.

If Rangers take the natural law stance on this then UEFA are fucked in the long run. They might fine us but if they dont crack down on other teams under their jurisdiction who're just as guilty if not more; then I think UEFA are looking at a discrimination case against them.

I hate UEFA. I hate the European Union.

I hate that being hated and hounded for what I am.

A Rangers supporter.

NONE of which is true.

So the Daily Arse Wipe is into foretelling the future, was it Mistic Meg who wrote the article?

This little diddy country and it's diddy mhedia is becoming a joke

Never bought the Scotsman in my life, but out of chance did so today, and what I read actually incensed me.

So Rangers are being hit with a 100k fine and a 3 game ban for sectarian singing, but compare this to some of the punishments for what I consider to be much worse crimes

SERBIA VS ITALY

Serbia fans riot and cause the game to be abandoned

Punishment : €120,000 fine and one game fan ban

AUSTRIA WIEN VS BILBAO

Pitch invasion, throwing of fireworks and missiles

Punishment : Two game fan ban

MARSEILLE VS ZENIT

Zubar, Taiwo and Niang all racially abused as bananas were thrown and monkey chants were heard

Punishment : $58,000 fine and then $10,000 for second offence

Now I don't believe the singing of TBB to be anywhere near as bad as any of these incidnets, yet we're being hit with must more severe punishments.

Why does nobody get it?

These incidents you quote are probably first offenses.

This is the FOURTH time our club has been brought into disripute through apparent sectarian singing or fan trouble. Now the debate is open in whether or not there were any sectarian chanting at the game in question but if proved to be correct, it will be the FOURTH time in 5 years and that is why we shall be fucked by UEFA this time.

November 2009 - £18,000 following crowd trouble in a tie against Unirea Urziceni

March 2007 - £13,000 following discriminatory chanting against Osasuna

2006 - £9,000 following an attack on the Villarreal team bus

If we are going to be punished we should at least do something to deserve it like put snipers in the Govan n shoot fuck out that scumbag Neil Lennon.

Saying that, that may not be punishable as the cunt would be better deed anyway!

:chopometer: