Defence next season

Andyy53

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a big concern and a massive rebuilding job Ally McCoist has on a shoe string budget.

Still think Ross Perry has a future with us, after being sent out on loan to Falkirk. Just need to see how that 1st team experience brings him on. Hopefully we tie him up with a new contract soon though.

Also another raw prospect we should be looking at is Gale Agbossoumonde, who is currently on loan Djurgarden in Sweden. The boy has all the tools and is basically a younger clone of Oguchi Onyewu.

We need a new RB, LB, 2 x CB's...

Steven Whittaker is a very good back-up player.

Unfortunately we will probably see David Weir at the back next season :anguish:

it's scary to think we need about 4 defenders at least 2 midfielders and a striker all in your looking at about 6-8 new players where are we going to get the money even with a takeover I hate to say it but there will have to be a few assets moved on in the summer to make more money available ie shagger, and boughy :anguish:

I think Swanson is more talented than Conway. :P

Seen a few Rangers fans say they would take Conway. Bosman and small wages, but for Rangers football club, not good enough. There is no doubting he would offer more than the likes of Fleck, Lafferty etc. But is he any better than Wylde? Does he have the same potential? He is also injury prone.

Thing is, we alreayd have players who are not good enough, and i think Conway is better than them imo, as is Swanson.

I think hes better than Wylde, no doubt. In fact i think hes better than anything we have tried on our left hand side in the last 4 years, but thats not saying much i suppose. Im glad you like Swanson, its nice when fans appreciate flair players. (tu)

Would love it if we could capture Mathias Jørgensen. :drool:

Paul Dixon was the best left back in the SPL

Jorgenson would be a class player to sign as would dixon, think we should look at jelle vossen to partner jelavic up front and Axel Witsel for central midfield both would smash the spl :crabflute:

Players In:

Jeffren (loan)

Weiss (loan)

Bartley (loan)

Goodwillie (£1.5m)

Wallace (1.5m)

Douglao (£1m)

Gera (£5.5m)

Players out:

Edu (£1.3m)

Lafferty (£1.6m)

Bougherra (£4m)

McGregor (£5m)

Diouf (N/A)

Healy (N/A)

Beattie (500k)

Kerkar (300k)

Players in total: £9.5m

Players out total £11.9m

Jelavic Goodwillie

Jeffren Davis Gera Weiss

Wallace Bartley Douglao ?????

Alexander

I would be delighted with this, only spending money we earn so still some left for a decent right back and to add numbers. Jeffren is a long shot on loan but as I've only spent what I've made maybe buy him outright. Goodwillie in if he is cleared of his charges with Wallace and Douglao coming into defence. Gera too would be a great buy but will be attracting interest from others.

Players In:

Jeffren (loan)

Weiss (loan)

Bartley (loan)

Goodwillie (£1.5m)

Wallace (1.5m)

Douglao (£1m)

Gera (£5.5m)

Players out:

Edu (£1.3m)

Lafferty (£1.6m)

Bougherra (£4m)

McGregor (£5m)

Diouf (N/A)

Healy (N/A)

Beattie (500k)

Kerkar (300k)

Players in total: £10m

Players out total £11.9m

Jelavic Goodwillie

Jeffren Davis Gera Weiss

Wallace Bartley Douglao ?????

Alexander

I would be delighted with this, only spending money we earn so still some left for a decent right back and to add numbers. Jeffren is a long shot on loan but as I've only spent what I've made maybe buy him outright. Goodwillie in if he is cleared of his charges with Wallace and Douglao coming into defence. Gera too would be a great buy but will be attracting interest from others.

(tu) I like your thinking.

Foster, Papac and Weir are hopefully all leaving too mate. I would sign Healy and someone said earlier Gera was a bosman, save yourself £5m. <cr> You will also need a keeper as back up for Neily if you sell Shagger. Maybe another 1 or 2 defenders in too. Kerkar is a bosman, we wont get a fee for him and will be lucky to get anything for Beattie.

(tu)

Quite like the look of this douglao guy were getting linke with. 1.5 million sounds reasonable. And he looks like an absolute monster in the air.

I know its a youtube vid but i think it shows his aerial dominance :sherlock:

Goodwillie, Dixon and Watson would do me fine. Don't rate Conway much, does not score or assist enough goals for a so called creative winger. Pretty average!

Don't think he has had too many injuries. Played many matches over the last few years.

05-06 - 39

06-07 - 36

07-08 - 34

08-09 - 32

09-10 - 32

10-11 - 32(so far)

Only 7 of those appearances have been from the subs bench. Actually made much more starts in the last six years than the likes of Wallace, Conway, Swanson and Gomis. When I think about it Lee Wallace is pretty injury prone.

Would prefer we signed Dixon over him.

We have a team full of inconsistent players tbf, always been impressed when I have seen the lad bar the odd game. Such a fantastic left foot.

Lee Wallace isn't good enough, I'd much rather have Dixon than Wallace. Dixon picked up a knock at the end of last season that ruled him out for a few months, if I'm not mistaken? I'm fairly certain that lead to his inconstistancy and numerous sub appearances at the start of the season(being eased back in), which is what I based my recent analysis of him on.

I do agree he's been looking back to his best of late, though I wouldn't use the reason that the club is full of inconsistant players to justify signing another one.

It's a big concern and a massive rebuilding job Ally McCoist has on a shoe string budget.

Still think Ross Perry has a future with us, after being sent out on loan to Falkirk. Just need to see how that 1st team experience brings him on. Hopefully we tie him up with a new contract soon though.

Also another raw prospect we should be looking at is Gale Agbossoumonde, who is currently on loan Djurgarden in Sweden. The boy has all the tools and is basically a younger clone of Oguchi Onyewu.

Hes a player (tu) great shout

Jorgenson would be a class player to sign as would dixon, think we should look at jelle vossen to partner jelavic up front and Axel Witsel for central midfield both would smash the spl :crabflute:

Witsel would goto a much better team than us IMO.

Him and Steven Defour are destined for great things (tu)

what about dorrans or hitzlsperger for the midfield ?

hitzlsperger is a good shout but hes getting into the west ham team and he wouldnt leave the EPL i dont think. Has a great left foot that could rival the hammer (but not as good :sherlock: )