Broxi

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

seen enough fuckin edu's to last me the rest of my life

there was someone called DJ Edu on radio 1 last night

and it got me thinking, if hes a late night dj mabey thats why he's shite, up all night on the wheels of steel

Why would anyone give us 1.6 million for lafferty when they could get goodwiilie for 1.5 million apparently ???

Why would we spend 1.5 on Beattie when we can get goodwillie for that :P

Let's just hope there's a club dumber than us

Seen as we're playing fantasy football here's my realistic suggestions and prices I think we'd get/pay

Out

McGregor - 5 million

Weir - retired

Bougherra - 2.5 million

Foster - end of loan

Papac- bosman

Bartley- end of loan

Kerkar - bosman

Weiss - end of loan

Diouf - end of loan

Healy- end of loan

In

Matt Gilks (blackpool)or Cammy Bell (killie)- bosman

Oguchi Onyewu (Milan) - Bosman

Kyle Bartley - loan or purchase 2million

Behrang Safari (Basle)- Bosman

David Vaughan (blackpool)- bosman

Jeremy Berthod (Auxerre)- bosman

Valter Birsa (Auxerre)- bosman

Alan (Braga) - bosman

Weiss - loan or purchase 2.5million

David Goodwillie (DundeeUtd)- 2million

If that could be done with the likes of Davis and Whittaker on new deals I'd be happy. Even better if we could fund it without losing McGregor. Retaining Papac would also be a help with numbers.

What is the point in speculating about what our team will be next season when we still have 8 vitally important games left of this season.

I couldn't care less about season 2011/12. This season is all that matters.

Just for a bit of fun to pass the time until the takeover. 48hrs go by faster if you have something to do!

Alexander is a good keeper who has never let us down but McGregor is still far superior overall. Hearts got more than £10m for Craig Gordon so surely Shagger is worth more than £5m? Theres plenty PL looking for a good keeper and IMO Shagger is up there with the best in Britain at the moment so if we do sell it should be nearer £8m. Would take either Bell or Gilks on a free, both decent keepers but rather keep Shagger if at all possible!

Alexander is a good keeper who has never let us down but McGregor is still far superior overall. Hearts got more than £10m for Craig Gordon so surely Shagger is worth more than £5m? Theres plenty PL looking for a good keeper and IMO Shagger is up there with the best in Britain at the moment so if we do sell it should be nearer £8m. take either Bell or Gilks on a free, both decent keepers but rather keep Shagger if at all possible!

That would be so disrespectful to Alexander, been here for a few years, played fantastic when he's been picked, just signed a new two year deal and when shagger leaves we buy a replacement. I wouldn't be too happy

That would be so disrespectful to Alexander, been here for a few years, played fantastic when he's been picked, just signed a new two year deal and when shagger leaves we buy a replacement. I wouldn't be too happy

A club needs 2 keepers and if we bought either of the above theres no guarantee who'd be number one, also Alexander is 33, the others are much younger

A club needs 2 keepers and if we bought either of the above theres no guarantee who'd be number one, also Alexander is 33, the others are much younger

I'd take bell on a bosman for home to come in when Alexander starts to decline as he's young

What would you guys think about Geremi or Rigobert Song? Both free agents and 32 and 34 respectively. I'd take Geremi in a heartbeat and obviously Song would be a gamble but even as a squad player he'd be a good addition to what we will eventually be left with at the end of the season. A one year contract each would get us 2 reliable players imo.

Say we do get taken over and are given the money whyte promises, why would you want to sell the best player we have?

The least I'd sell mcgregor for would maybe be 7 mil.

His save in Bremen was just unbelievable!

I know it's unrealistic, but it's kinda fun to do, so here goes :D

IN:

Wendt- Free

Haggui- Free

Gordon- £500k

Bartley- Loan

Weiss- Loan

Jeffren- Loan

Goodwillie- £2.5m

Pasanen- Free

OUT:

Bougherra- £3m

Lafferty- £1m

Weir- Free

Beattie- Free

Fleck-Loan

Hutton-Loan

Cole-Loan

1st XI

McGregor

Gordon Pasanen Haggui Wendt

Ness Davis

Weiss-----------Jeffren

Goodwillie Jelavic

That's a fairly strong staring team, with some decent back up.

Thats not unrealistic at all mate, and Goodwillie would only cost £1m. Is Gordon not a left back? Maybe i have the wrong guy. :blush:

;)

What would you guys think about Geremi or Rigobert Song? Both free agents and 32 and 34 respectively. I'd take Geremi in a heartbeat and obviously Song would be a gamble but even as a squad player he'd be a good addition to what we will eventually be left with at the end of the season. A one year contract each would get us 2 reliable players imo.

Rigobert Song must be at least 62 years old. Used to like Geremi but his decline has been drastic. No to both.

Running out the box to samaras and that commons shot. Doesn't matter anyway, Alexander is more than capable

I'm confused here.

The basis of your thread is about our potential squad next season, dependent on the takeover.

And you suggest we sell probably our best player in McGregor?

Why would we want to do that?

I do agree with you on Alexander being good enough to step into his place, but why not keep both of them?

Did he not sign a new deal last month? Start the bidding at £1m, and then go as far as £2.5m if needed (tu)

That's just a team I'd love to see next season; I'm sure the management will have their eyes out for their own guys. In any case, I hope we see a lot of movement!

Im sure he only signed a 1 year extension mate, so come the summer he will be in the same position he was in when they wanted £1m for him, few months difference aside. :)

We need alot of improvement.

(tu)