Raul in amongst the Schalke fans celebrating tonight

H72

This is absolutely fantastic. Although I know this was a Champions League night, the Bundesliga is the best league in the world - hands down.

The fans for every club are incredible and the footballing culture over there is absolutely beautiful.

This is one of the best scenes I've ever seen in a football match. This is how it should be at every club in the world:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3GG5BxukdE

Raul will always be remembered as one of the greatest ever.

It's the most efficient, most competitive footballing league in the world and in my opinion the best.

Everything about it is near enough perfect.

I still can't get over how great that video is. Incredible.

I was in Germany last year and went to the allianz. It was a great experience and I was jealous of the way a matchday is handled there in comparison to a typical 3pm fixture at ibrox. The way football operates in germany is on another level to the rest of the world.

A competitive league which fills the stands every week. German football clubs know that without the fans there would be nothing and reward them for their support and loyalty.

People claim that the premiership or la liga are the best leagues, but those that truly know their football state the bundesliga as the best in the world.

The fans for every club are incredible and the footballing culture over there is absolutely beautiful.

Aye, right you are.

Puts me in mind of this anecdote:

I was in a police team that played in Germany in '36. The German team that met us were very smart, hospitable, very gracious, very civilized. Wonderful night - they wined and dined us, and we all left the Bierkeller at dawn, and we staggered onto the pitch later that day badly hung over. But the German team that ran on to play us were 11 totally different men, who'd been in bed before 10: 00, not touched a drop, and we got a complete stuffing. They used different rules.

I’m looking forward to Man. Utd horsing Shalke.

Another thing I noticed when I was over there was how much healthier their fan culture was.

A good friend of mine is BVB through and through, but still wants Schalke to do well for the co-efficient.

People over there wave their club flags in their garden, go to games with the club shirt on, and it's not seen as neddy, provocative, or anything like that.

Hooliganism on the rise, police say

Published: 12 Apr 11 10:38 CET

Violence and crime associated with football games in Germany’s first and second divisions of the Bundesliga have reached a new high, a media report said Tuesday.

Police filed criminal charges against 6,043 fans of the country’s 36 professional clubs last year, according to a new report by the ZIS central information post for sports operations cited by daily Neue Osnabrücker Zeitung.

In nearly one in four of these cases, physical harm was a factor, the paper said. The number of injuries that happened around games in both leagues rose to 784 – the highest number in 12 years. In the previous season there were 579 injuries.

Property damage, disturbing the peace and civil disorder were also frequent violations.

According to police officials, the circle of “violent, violence-prone or violence-seeking fans” has grown significantly, the paper said. They estimate that current numbers of such fans have reached 8,765, about 855 more than last season.

Meanwhile the number of working hours police spend at football games has reached its highest level in 12 years, up 15 percent to register 1.76 million.

These numbers would put the equivalent of 1,354 state and federal police on duty solely for football games, an expensive service for taxpayers, the paper said. The German Police Union (DPoIG) estimated that security at Bundesliga games cost €100 million in the 2009-2010 season.

Sounds peachy.

It's the most efficient, most competitive footballing league in the world and in my opinion the best.

Everything about it is near enough perfect.

I still can't get over how great that video is. Incredible.

La Liga is best, it's not up for discussion.

The Bundesliga would be second though.

How are the krauts getting on in the CL recently - that’s a good indicator of bestness.

Well Schalke have done well this season and Bayern last, La Liga has the most participants in the semi's.

Also, although it's important, having the best CL sides isn't everything.

La Liga for example is quality from top to bottom.

Bottom of the table Almeria played Barcelona off the park for long spells at the Nou Camp playing attacking football.

The Bundesliga is also largely strong.

England IMO has been pretty fucking dire this season. There's a good 13/14 rancid sides in the EPL atm.