Protest against UEFA

The corruption and incompetence of UEFA is the real disgrace here.

UEFA as yet have done little wrong as yet. They have just responded to a complaint. Let's see what they come up with before making hysterical claims.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UEFA as yet have done little wrong as yet. They have just responded to a complaint. Let's see what they come up with before making hysterical claims.

UEFA have issued us with a ban and fine based on a report which flies in the face of their own observers report without doing any further investigations of their own. Are you trying to tell me that this is not wrong?

If UEFA act against us and ban fans for the next two home games on the basis of this dubious report, can I suggest Rangers Fans all over the UK protest outsideI Ibrox Stadium against the despicable unfair treatment of our club at the next euro?

The corruption and incompetence of UEFA is the real disgrace here. PSV fans were a disgrace that night and should face a similar charge of incitement if we get punished.

PSV fans a disgrace? I sit near the area they were in and though they were pretty good.

One or two had Cltic scarves but that's nothing out the ordinary.

Ratings = advertising.

Advertising = cash.

Cash = all they care about.

Its not fucking rocket science. You think EUFA gets the 10 million payment for CL qualification from a jumble sale? A raffle?

Slots during CL games are worth 10s of millions.

a few 100,000 bears not watching would only be a drop in the ocean.

I see where you are coming from, but with england germany france and italy making up the lions share of TV fans (the reason the get so many euro slots to start with) this is basicaly a non starter.

plus the advetisers would still pay top dollar regardless of how many bears are watching. If we try and fuck with nthier revenue, they just fuck with ours all the more and we couldnt miss out on CL / euro money no matter how big or small the pot is.

I like your enthusiasm, but its back to the drawing board with this one

a few 100,000 bears not watching would only be a drop in the ocean.

I see where you are coming from, but with england germany france and italy making up the lions share of TV fans (the reason the get so many euro slots to start with) this is basicaly a non starter.

plus the advetisers would still pay top dollar regardless of how many bears are watching. If we try and fuck with nthier revenue, they just fuck with ours all the more and we couldnt miss out on CL / euro money no matter how big or small the pot is.

I like your enthusiasm, but its back to the drawing board with this one

We aren't guaranteed that money next season though. In fact you might aswell right it off just now.

I dunno about you but I dont care if its just me or a million gers fans turning the channel and refusing to watch; but I'll feel a whole better knowing I'm not contributing to UEFAs funding. Especially when you consider what they do with these resources.

Don't care if anyone is offended or upset by this, but, it smacks of double standards and hypocrisy for any Gers fan to complain about UEFA's treatment of the club only to rush home on a Tuesday or Wednesday to catch UEFA competitions. The machine that is trying to swallow our club is at its heart and soul all about money. And that money is generated through viewership. Yes one person wont make a difference to their bottom line.

I for one wont be a contributor.

Ratings = advertising.

Advertising = cash.

Cash = all they care about.

Its not fucking rocket science. You think EUFA gets the 10 million payment for CL qualification from a jumble sale? A raffle?

Slots during CL games are worth 10s of millions.

The contract with the tv companies would not be in any way affected by what would be a miniscule percentage of the european viewing figures switching channels when european football is on.It would not even be noticed!

The contract with the tv companies would not be in any way affected by what would be a miniscule percentage of the european viewing figures switching channels when european football is on.It would not even be noticed!

Yeah, but if we were all to phone up sky on a specific day to cancel our sky sports subscriptions on the Monday before the Champions league final then reinstate it the following day as a demonstration then Sky would sit up and take notice.

Still doesn't change the fact that we're all decrying this organizations action towards our club, but at the same time contributing to their main source of funding.

A strongly worded blog or E-mail/letters isn't gonna cut it anymore.

Yeah, but if we were all to phone up sky on a specific day to cancel our sky sports subscriptions on the Monday before the Champions league final then reinstate it the following day as a demonstration then Sky would sit up and take notice.

im sorry but this makes no sense at all. so what you saying, cancel your subscription, right that might work if we had enough fans for this to work, but say 50,000 accounts get canceled, that will be a minor blow for sky, especially if the scum catch wind and they'll all sign up.

But signing back up the next day? why bother? so 50,000 people cancel, and then 50,000 people sign up again the next day? so... what have they lost? its paid monthly anyway so you've paid for the month already, or will have to, so signing up again you could even end up paying for it twice, so no, i don't think there's a chance this will work.

Sky will have nothing to do with it, UEFA will be making money from subscriptions all over Europe, you need to take some form of action towards them if they don't see through these far fetched complaints.

PSV fans a disgrace? I sit near the area they were in and though they were pretty good.

One or two had Cltic scarves but that's nothing out the ordinary.

It was more than 1 or 2 that had Celtic scarfs. Just before the teams came out there was obvuoisly a pre-planned display where around 50% of them displayed cetic scarfs and there was at least 4 Tricolours. Chants of Celtic, Celtic. Don't get me wrong I can accept that as banter but don't under-estimate the display they put on.

Sorry mate, but I just dont rate protests. They haven't ever got anybody anything. Waste of time in my opinion, leave that to the tree huggers.

Theres different kinds of protests, I maintain my PROTESTant to the church of rome every day. Does that make me a tree hugger?

We aren't guaranteed that money next season though. In fact you might aswell right it off just now.

I dunno about you but I dont care if its just me or a million gers fans turning the channel and refusing to watch; but I'll feel a whole better knowing I'm not contributing to UEFAs funding. Especially when you consider what they do with these resources.

Don't care if anyone is offended or upset by this, but, it smacks of double standards and hypocrisy for any Gers fan to complain about UEFA's treatment of the club only to rush home on a Tuesday or Wednesday to catch UEFA competitions. The machine that is trying to swallow our club is at its heart and soul all about money. And that money is generated through viewership. Yes one person wont make a difference to their bottom line.

I for one wont be a contributor.

As said before tho, its the TV companies that pay uefa to show the games, and they pay handsomely for it.

uefa couldnt care less how many people tuned in or out on a given night as Sky (or who ever) have already paid for this.

I understand doing it as a point of principle and will join you on that one, I'll refuse to watch other games on TV from uefa (dont watch to many other games anyway), but when it comes to the bears games I'll not refuse to watch it on any channel, if I cant make it to the game that is.

I just think we need a more direct (against uefa)!

As said before tho, its the TV companies that pay uefa to show the games, and they pay handsomely for it.

uefa couldnt care less how many people tuned in or out on a given night as Sky (or who ever) have already paid for this.

I understand doing it as a point of principle and will join you on that one, I'll refuse to watch other games on TV from uefa (dont watch to many other games anyway), but when it comes to the bears games I'll not refuse to watch it on any channel, if I cant make it to the game that is.

I just think we need a more direct (against uefa)!

Mate seriously. Read the words that I am writing.

Where do you think the money comes from? Commercial TV stations dont have a magic rainbow with gold at the end of it. The money comes from advertising. The higher the ratings the more expensive the advertising time/space.

Like I said; If enough people did it they couldnt ignore it because WE, the fans, are the biggest financial resource of ANY entertainment medium.

50,000 people switching of wouldn't hurt them, I totally agree with you, but I refuse to accept that action like this on a larger scale wouldn't hurt them. You dont watch. They dont get ratings. Nike, Coke, Vodafone etc etc wouldn't pay 100s of millions a year (EACH) to advertise on a channel NO-ONE is watching.

I wont watch EUFA competitions on any channel frankly. Even if it is Rangers. It would go against my principals.

Mate seriously. Read the words that I am writing.

Where do you think the money comes from? Commercial TV stations dont have a magic rainbow with gold at the end of it. The money comes from advertising. The higher the ratings the more expensive the advertising time/space.

Like I said; If enough people did it they couldnt ignore it because WE, the fans, are the biggest financial resource of ANY entertainment medium.

50,000 people switching of wouldn't hurt them, I totally agree with you, but I refuse to accept that action like this on a larger scale wouldn't hurt them. You dont watch. They dont get ratings. Nike, Coke, Vodafone etc etc wouldn't pay 100s of millions a year (EACH) to advertise on a channel NO-ONE is watching.

I wont watch EUFA competitions on any channel frankly. Even if it is Rangers. It would go against my principals.

I'm reading but your stats are flawed my friend.

advertising goes to the TV company for sowing the ads and they set the price for this. TV companies in turn pay Uefa for the rights. The numbers are insucnificant, the reason channel 5 always show any game but the gers games and sky show every game regardless.

the numers being touted would just force them not to show it (if this was effective) so to say it would hurt them is in accurate. the only people it would hurt is us by not getting worldwidce exposure of our club on TV

even 1m bears not watching would hardly even concern them when the have a global adience of 100m.

If we had the support of all fans accross the world then this couse of action might make a change

I'm reading but your stats are flawed my friend.

advertising goes to the TV company for sowing the ads and they set the price for this. TV companies in turn pay Uefa for the rights. The numbers are insucnificant, the reason channel 5 always show any game but the gers games and sky show every game regardless.

the numers being touted would just force them not to show it (if this was effective) so to say it would hurt them is in accurate. the only people it would hurt is us by not getting worldwidce exposure of our club on TV

even 1m bears not watching would hardly even concern them when the have a global adience of 100m.

If we had the support of all fans accross the world then this couse of action might make a change

And that is exactly the jist of my point. If enough people did it-it would hurt them. Im not saying 100,000 fans could. Im pretty sure I stated that clearly.

Im just arguing that enough people could do some damage and the assertion that "they would get there money anyway" in those circumstances is wrong.

No they wouldnt, you've already paid for the month so that wouldnt make a difference or make sense