Murphy, Goodwillie, Templeton

KingKirk

I would hope that McCoist has his sights set beyond the SPL in the search for players. We need to improve considerably on what we have.

Would certainly hope so-- the suggestions in this topic reminds me of the early eighties when we bought so many players who had a few decent games for other scottish league teams and our quality fell so badly that we could not compete in our league.

It is a huge difference playing for a team with slim chances of winning trophies and no great expectations compared to playing in a team where a player is expected to produce for 90 minutes every game of the season.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would certainly hope so-- the suggestions in this topic reminds me of the early eighties when we bought so many players who had a few decent games for other scottish league teams and our quality fell so badly that we could not compete in our league.

It is a huge difference playing for a team with slim chances of winning trophies and no great expectations compared to playing in a team where a player is expected to produce for 90 minutes every game of the season.

Foster aside, who is getting better every game, the last few players we have signed from SPL clubs have went on to do pretty well!

Boyd, Naismith, Thomson, Broadfoot, Whittaker, Novo etc

Aye weve signed folk like Velicka and that as well but some of the best players in our team have came from SPL clubs!!

I would hope that McCoist has his sights set beyond the SPL in the search for players. We need to improve considerably on what we have.

there are 3 very good players there. we shouldnt ignore the spl either.

murphy and tempelton have a little bit to go.

goodie will be the standout scottich player since kenny dal for me.

Only Goodwillie from that list is good enough for me.

Templeton is about as consistent as Kyle Lafferty and Murphy, again IMO, isn't really that good.

I have no problems with SPL players if they are good enough, but there's not many out there just now.

I'll pass (would take Goodwillie), we can find better out with the British Isles.

Don't rate Templeton (seems to be the new Andy Driver) and any time I have seen Murphy, he has either been a hit or a miss.

Foster aside, who is getting better every game, the last few players we have signed from SPL clubs have went on to do pretty well!

Boyd, Naismith, Thomson, Broadfoot, Whittaker, Novo etc

Aye weve signed folk like Velicka and that as well but some of the best players in our team have came from SPL clubs!!

Foster is getting worse, he is absolutely brutal!

Foster is getting worse, he is absolutely brutal!

I think hes much better than when he joined!

Hes not the best i will agree but in the past few weeks hes been better on the ball and the goals we have conceded have come down the other side, not through his part.

i assume we are talking about jamie murphy?

if so then huge rangers fan.

I thought this too did he not go to stonelaw? I heard he was despite his name.

I'd take Goodwillie and see how the other two do this season.

I also would take Lee Wallace and even Conway on a bosman and yes I know hes a tim...

I just hope he is not a Rangers player next season - poor defender who never lifts his head and thumps 9/10 balls off the first man.

Back to the Aberdeen bench where he belongs!

I grew up with Murphy and he is certainly not a tim he was brought up a bluenose but sees himself as a Well fan these days since hes been there since his early teens. He's been pretty poor this season overall but has the potential.

I grew up with Murphy and he is certainly not a tim he was brought up a bluenose but sees himself as a Well fan these days since hes been there since his early teens. He's been pretty poor this season overall but has the potential.

some folk see a name and just blurt stuff out.

Guest Andypendek

Although an excellent prospect, Murphy is still very inconsistent and is the kind of player who would be slaughtered by us fans after a few bad games. He'd need to be amazingly thick skinned to survive if he signed this summer.

We don't do 'prospects', unfortunately.

Templeton hasn't produced at all since the turn of the year from what i have seen anyway. i have always rated Jamie Murphy, has done more than well vs both sides of the old firm. Goodwillie is one we need to go for, if we dont get him as soon as possible i think he will be away to england.

Although an excellent prospect, Murphy is still very inconsistent and is the kind of player who would be slaughtered by us fans after a few bad games. He'd need to be amazingly thick skinned to survive if he signed this summer.

We don't do 'prospects', unfortunately.

Too true.

A lot of our fans must be awful to play in front of as a young kid. I've seen people say both Ness and Wylde are 'luxuries we can't afford' after no more than five games for the club.

It's quite pathetic actually.