Edu today

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some of the stick he gets is a bit over the top, but he really was shocking today. It doesn't really help when 40k+ Rangers fans are moaning and gagging when the ball goes anywhere within a 10 yrd radius of him though. Atleast let him have a touch before getting on his back.

Some of the stick he gets is a bit over the top, but he really was shocking today. It doesn't really help when 40k+ Rangers fans are moaning and gagging when the ball goes anywhere within a 10 yrd radius of him though. Atleast let him have a touch before getting on his back.

I used to think that, but his performance today was worthy of all the stick he gets.

He has no idea what to do with a football. Which is kinda bad if you're a professional footballer.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I play sevens with better footballers than Maurice Edu.

I'm more critical than most when it comes to the way some of our fans seemingly cant wait to get on players backs, but Edu is honestly absolutely and utterly useless whether people are moaning at him or not. He's dire.

Agreed mate. Made a similar point on here somewhere today.

* Times he was not close enough to win the ball and fans were moaning.

* Some bad and short passes from Naismith/Jelavic, Edu got blamed.

* Instead of diving in often and selling himself he decided hold off and fans still moan. Nothing said when other players did dive in and gave position away.

He can't win either way, he was playing well at the start of the match. One slack play and that was it the fans were on his case all day. Some deserved, many not.. but let's not put him under anymore pressure to affect his confidence even further.

Funnily enough the recent games away from home have been his better performances, coincidence? I think not.

Seriously cannot believe people stick up for this guy.

He has no footballing brain, he cannot make the decision of "do I go all in for the tackle or not?" so he does neither and opposition players just pass him by, his lack of control for a professional footballer is nothing short of ludicrous, his awareness of where other players are on the pitch is laughable and his pass the buck attitude gets on my knickers.

One bit stood out for me today, at one point during the match he was given the ball around halfway, not a celtc player within 10 yards, he stood with the ball, looked around and promptly let 4 bheast players surround him, take the ball off him without so much as a tackle flying in.

He is rank fucking rotten and not deserving of a place in the squad never mind the starting line up, he's a fucking embarrassment.

Worst individual performance i've ever seen from a Rangers player

Maybe i'm overreacting a tad but it doesn't feel like it right now

Please fuck off in the summer you total and utter passenger

Over reaction and criticism of our players is unwarranted.

Unfortunately, on this occasion, I have tae agree wae ye. :anguish:

Worse than a fucking man down, i can't stand the cunt, never a footballer in a million years.

Him and that useless cunt Lafferty are both a waste of space. They can both fuck right off out of the club in the summer.

I got banned on FF earlier for calling them both shite, but even a blind window licking spastic could see the pair of them are fucking worse than useless. They must have photos of Smith getting spitroasted by polish rentboys, it's the only explanation why the pair of cunts get on the pitch week in, week out.

Can't believe how easy people turn on our players.

Turn on our players? I've tried to be supportive and see the best in both Edu and Lafferty's games for years, but the simple fact of the matter is they're both fucking shite, pure and simple. Thought that before today's match and their performances today has done nothing to change that.

If you honestly think there's anything good about the pair of useless cunts then you're deluding yourself.

Brutal once again. Only reason he plays is because the manager spunked £2.5m on him - stubbornness once again.

Horrendous, Maurice Edu is a piss poor footballer.

Can't believe how easy people turn on our players. Why do the fans have to get on his back every single game? Can't they try to encourage him whilst he is playing for our club in the biggest game of the season? Do you and others not realise it has a negative effect on our team? Even the other mob don't act like that with their players Fortune never got slated like Edu.

The likes of Adam/Hutton/Burke/Ferguson got moaned at inside Ibrox and look how they turned out. Obviously Edu is not in the same bracket as those players but nobody will try to change my opinion that he has played well at times earlier this season and in the past. People make claims that he can't pass to a team mate, yet I can post evidence from CL matches against Valencia etc that he had 80% pass success rate.

Fans have short memories when it comes to certain players, whilst others are biased and the likes of Davis(failed to turn up again) don't get near the same amount of abuse.

At the end of the day nobody is sticking up for Maurice Edu's performances in 2011, people are sticking up for the OTT abuse from our fans, whilst commenting on their short comings. Clear difference, open your eyes.

Are you being serious here?

Petta got spat on by the bheasts, Ian Wright and Regi Stinker were racially abused in the car park by them, Berkovic was given abuse in almost every game he played for that shite as well.

Edu's a bottle merchant and showed that again today, at least when Davis is having a bad game he'll show for the ball and not hide away like a sulking wee girl, Edu flings his right arm up and says pass it forward, like he did today, time and time again.

He's not a match changer, he's not a ball winner, just what is the point of him in that midfield?

Do you agree that it's acceptable to moan at him during the most important game of the season? Even if you do think he is a waste of space? How does that help anyone?

Seen the players trying to lift his confidence during games by giving him praise when he does something good(like the pass into Jela to put him in behind the Celtic defence today)

People make the points that the players are scared to pass to him, maybe because they know the fans are going to be on his case? Surely that's a negative for our starting eleven?

Are you one of these people who ignore his good performances against United, Valencia, Hearts, Celtic earlier in the season?

Lafferty had a good game today, so we will have to agree to disagree.

Lafferty was decent today - nothing more.

And today was one of his better games.

The difference between a good striker and Lafferty is, a good striker would have buried that header he never even got on target.

Goals win games, and if our strikers can't hit the target, we don't win games.

Edu got racially abused by our fans.

Tbf I never even knew about that Petta incident after the ICT match.

Can you name more players for Celtic that were moaned/groaned at every time they went near a ball? We have had a few in the last few seasons alone. The difference between the Rangers players I mentioned was they had good spells for us in the past, Berkovic was shit period for them.

Still not acceptable though in my eyes.

Never, ever proven it was Rangers fans who racially abused Edu.

Evander Sno was booed on a regular basis, Mulgrew was/has been booed, especially against Braga when he was hooked at half time.

OH and here's what a bheast player has to say on the matter of boos from his own fans:

If you play a bad ball or something then the fans will be unhappy, but we are professional players and we expect it. It is not a problem.

Cha Du Ri

What makes our players so different?

The other players seemed to dread the idea of ever passing the ball to him

Fucking shite

I pointed that out a few weeks ago, no one will pass to him unless they have to. And to be honest, you cant blame them. That shot he had was honestly one of the worst I have ever seen. it's not his fault he keeps getting picked though, he's not going to get any better either, he must think he's doing ok. He even thinks he's better than Lafferty. typical yank, deluded idiot. no offence to to the yanks on here.