Jose Mourinho claims Barcelona benefit from refereeing conspiracy

Dado

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/champions-league/8479006/Jose-Mourinho-claims-Barcelona-benefit-from-refereeing-conspiracy-after-stormy-Champions-League-loss.html

Mourinho made mention of four officials: Anders Frisk, who he claimed received a half-time visit from Frank Rijkaard, the then Barcelona coach, in 2005; Tom Henning Ovrebo, who dismissed Chelsea’s Didier Drogba against Barcelona in 2009; Massimo Busacca, who sent off Arsenal’s Robin van Persie at Camp Nou this season, and Wolfgang Stark, who showed a red card to Real’s Pepe on Wednesday. Mourinho was also expelled.

“I didn't say anything to the referee,’’ said Mourinho of his dismissal. “I simply laughed and showed my thumbs up. That was it. If I say to him and UEFA what I think my career ends today. I can't say what I feel. I only leave one question. Why? Why? Ovrebo, Busacca, Frisk, Stark? Why to all these people?”

Mourinho alleged Barcelona enjoyed some form of “power”, a claim that Uefa must take issue with. “Each semi-final always brings the same,’’ said Mourinho of Barcelona. “We're talking about a fantastic football team. So why? As a match strategy we were not going to lose.

“I don't know if it’s the advertising for Unicef. I don't know if it's UEFA. Congratulations for a wonderful football team. It must be difficult to get this power. They have managed to get this power. No-one else has any chance really. Arsène Wenger. Today myself. I don't understand why. I hope one day I will find the answer.”

He felt the tie over. "It's mission impossible. They have to reach the final and they will. That’s it. Perhaps they could win on merit. This match was bound for a nil-nil result. Why did he do this? He won't answer because now he is going home. Last year was a miracle but this year absolutely nothing. Why don't they let other teams play against them?

"Yes we are out. We will go there with all the pride and respect for our world. Sometimes I feel disgusted living in this world and earning my living in this world. We have to do it with pride.

"Without Pepe. Without Sergio Ramos (suspended). Without the coach. The result is practically impossible to revert. If we score in Barcelona they will kill us again. There is no chance for us.

"I know many Catalan friends and they will be happy and they're going to Wembley but to win this way cannot feel the same.

He had another dig at Pep Guardiola, Barcelona’s coach, who led his team to victory in the 2009 final over Manchester United.

"I won two European titles and I won them on the pitch,’’ continued the former Porto and Inter Milan coach. "I would’ve been embarrassed to win that title because it was won with the scandal of Stamford Bridge. This will be won with the scandal of the Bernabeu.

“I hope one day he wins a Champions League title as it should be, perfect, spotless, without any scandal. I respect him as a person and as a manager. I didn't disrespect him before the game.’’

Guardiola refused to be drawn on Mourinho’s allegations, constantly saying: “Nothing, nothing.”

Guardiola also refused to comment on the performance of Stark, who also booked Alvaro Arbeloa, Emmanuel Adebayor, Dani Alves and Javier Mascherano as well as sending off the Barcelona reserve keeper Jose Pinto for pushing Arbeloa in the tunnel.

“We tried to play the best as possible, said Guardiola. “There is a referee to take the decisions.”

And Uefa to clear up the mess afterwards.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a bad decision for the sending off but nothing compared to the scandal of Stamford Bridge. Chelsea deserved to win that night, but you can't really say Real did tonight.

The Van Persie sending off was also far worse.

Sore loser.

Would love to know his comments on decisions in last years semi-final.

Bojan goal being wrongly chopped off.

Milito being off-side

Alves denied a stone-wall penalty.

Guy is classless and I'm sick of people wanking over him like he is 'the special one' The special one would not need to resort to negative defensive tactics playing a couple of kickers in midfield to stop Barcelona.

Let's not forget this Real Madrid team is full of international superstars who were bought for millions.

GIRUY 'Special One'

:D :D (tu)

I love Mourinho, but I think he might be a bit off on this one.

He has a case based on past Champions League ties, no doubt, but I think this outburst is mostly in frustration that the referee's poor decision to send Pepe off totally destroyed his game plan. If the ref was really being biased, Adebayor would have walked as well. He actually deserved to.

I love Mourinho, but I think he might be a bit off on this one.

He has a case based on past Champions League ties, no doubt, but I think this outburst is mostly in frustration that the referee's poor decision to send Pepe off totally destroyed his game plan. If the ref was really being biased, Adebayor would have walked as well. He actually deserved to.

(tu) 100% agree

Before tonight, every Real Madrid red card against Barcelona this season was correct. His obsession with Barcelona and Guardiola in particular is embarrassing.

He's a hypocritical prick. His treatment of Anders Frisk was embarrassing. He claims Guardiola goes on about referees, he's got a fucking cheek. His sides are always dirty bastards. I'll never forget Essien's "tackle" on Hamann in the Champions League years ago. Never got sent off and Mourinho "never saw it".

Pretty hilarious from the manager of arguably THE establishment club in European football. The national club of Spain. The poster club of UEFA competition since its inception.

Exactly why would there be a conspiracy in favour of Barcelona? It's in UEFA's interests for there to be different winners every year. They are very proud of the fact that no team has won consecutive Champions League titles. It was a refereeing decision that prevented Barcelona from going through last year against Inter.

Grow a fucking pair and admit you got your tactics wrong, your selection wrong and your media mind games wrong Jose.

Guy is classless and I'm sick of people wanking over him like he is 'the special one' The special one would not need to resort to negative defensive tactics playing a couple of kickers in midfield to stop Barcelona.

To refer to any of the Real Madrid CM's in the last couple of games as "kickers" is nonsense

He is the best manager in the world, and aside from an awful decision and some embarrassing play-acting, was once again well on course to nullifying arguably the greatest club side of all time

Hes taken a side which were unbeatable and is starting to make them look just that

Your whole post is nonsense.

Did you even watch the game? Lass made foul after foul he was in there to do a job which was to make fouls, which he clearly did.

I'm sure Ferguson has an issue with the best manager in a world claim.

Take it Di Maria was a saint tonight?

Even Diarra is hardly a kicker,he made 1 more foul than that brute Lionel Messi :rolleyes: Hes just not a particularly good player.

Fergie obviously has a massive claim, but only winning Europes biggest trophy twice in all that time is not very impressive and I doubt Im the only person in the world who thinks Jose has at least as big a claim

As for Di Maria I dont really care who it is Di Maria, Ronaldo, Alves, Busquets; Its embarrassing and has to stop

He's write but..

Chelsea in 2009 4 penalty appeals turned down by the referee.

Inter last year with Motta getting sent off and Busquets rolling about holding his face then peeking through his hands.

Now tonight. That was never a red card and Barcelona's players should be asshamed off their play acting and cheating tonight.

Sore loser.

Milito being off-side

Let's not forget this Real Madrid team is full of international superstars who were bought for millions.

GIRUY 'Special One'

Finally someone who agrees with me. This season his behaviour has been Lennonesque.

UEFA should throw the book at him for his latest comments.

Waws Pepe not already on a yellow card ? he lunged in a dangerous tackle with his studs off the ground ... thats a stick on yellow and borderline red card and if that happened on Sunday , every single fan in here would have screamed red card , your fawning over Mourinho and Madrid is fucking child like , they deserved NOTHING from a game where the away side had nearly 80% of the possesion . thats a joke Jose ...

Sore loser.

Milito being off-side

GIRUY 'Special One'

(tu)

WHILE I LOVED IT AT THE TIME Mourinho led one of the most diving sides I've ever watched play football (and I'd never ever mention that to a tim) in the Uefa cup final when they beat the scum.

So any side that does it to him is completely called for IMO.

tbf i thought Di Maria commited more dives than an olympic diver in competition last night , it was laughable that Alves got booked tbh , i can only recall one "tackle" where he actually made slight contact and then of course you have the crowding of the ref for little things such as Ronaldo rolling about cause someone jumped into him shoulder to shoulder :rolleyes: don't get me started on Pedro (although Marcelo quite clearly stamped on him) and Busquets (really hate him) and then you have the blatant attempts to intimidate Messi ( deliberatly walking into the back of his head when he is on the ground etc etc )

Spanish Football was embarrassed last night by both sides.

They should just get on with the fucking football and stop acting like they've been shot down at dawn when someone goes in for a challenge.

Both sides have undoubted talent and some of the best players in the world. Don't ruin it by play acting and the likes.