Whittaker, yes-no-maybe?

pcbear

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was playing pish for a while this season, possibly cost us the treble with that 2nd booking at the piggery.

Can never be accused of not trying just lacks the ability Alan Hutton gave us

Rarely get's the credit I feel he is worthy of. A player I like a lot.

Fantastic professional into the bargain - never seems to be in trouble away from the club, rarely injured and a very good attitude to boot.

Whittaker has to stay, even if hes not everyones cup of tea, we are losing potentially the 3 other defenders that have been the mainstay of our backline for the past few years, losing Whittaker would make the task of replacing all 4 even more daunting

Always loved him. Even when he was poor i knew he would come back with a piece of magic, his goal in Lisbon will live with me forever, one of my all time favourite moments. Might make the odd mistake but who doesnt, he has never let us down due to lack of effort and thats all we can ask.

Agree With your post (tu)

Have a rep on this fine sunny sunday afternoon.

Occasionally great, sometimes very awful, overall very, very average.

A defender who makes a lot of mistakes and a midfielder who drifts in and out of games.

Of course he's not helped by playing every single position for us other than striker and goalkeeper, game to game. Jack of all trades master of none.

A technically decent player on his day who could have been a lot better with superior coaching.

Occasionally great, sometimes very awful, overall very, very average.

A defender who makes a lot of mistakes and a midfielder who drifts in and out of games.

Of course he's not helped by playing every single position for us other than striker and goalkeeper, game to game. Jack of all trades master of none.

A technically decent player on his day who could have been a lot better with superior coaching.

superior coaching, that would be the same for every player then, and im sure he is getting better coaching than at hibees

The thing is you worry about Whittaker when we are on the back foot but attacking he is a natural footballer, no doubt about that. He actually played very well at centre back recently and his versatility is a major bonus for us to have.

superior coaching, that would be the same for every player then, and im sure he is getting better coaching than at hibees

I wouldn't bet any money on that.

Bur yes, if Whittaker was ever to be a player the development would have needed to happen at Hibs when he was younger. That said, he was only 22/23 when he came here and could have improved, instead he looks a poorer player than he was at Hibs.

I wouldn't bet any money on that.

Bur yes, if Whittaker was ever to be a player the development would have needed to happen at Hibs when he was younger. That said, he was only 22/23 when he came here and could have improved, instead he looks a poorer player than he was at Hibs.

mate i think you need to let it go, the often wee scribbles in yer posts having a go at the coachin, which i guess you dont have a scooby about? or the folks at the cub, i know you could prob do it huners times better but please enlighten me as to what the issue is with the coaching, if you are in the know on these sort of things (tu)

I've been one of his biggest critics, never felt comfortable when he was on the ball, couldn't defend. He'd beat three players and then miskick it out for a throw or something.

Recently however, he has been very solid and dependable at the back. Thought he was one of our best players yesterday. Always nice to be proven wrong by our players, just need to hope he keeps it up.

Great player.

Defensively, he's been one of the poorerst fullbacks we've had in a while.

So frequently he is caught out of position at right back and it costs a goal.

Great player my arse.

Defensively, he's been one of the poorerst fullbacks we've had in a while.

So frequently he is caught out of position at right back and it costs a goal.

Great player my arse.

Ok so if its so frequent give me some examples of him getting caught out of position and it costing us a goal.

As I said, great player.

mate i think you need to let it go, the often wee scribbles in yer posts having a go at the coachin, which i guess you dont have a scooby about? or the folks at the cub, i know you could prob do it huners times better but please enlighten me as to what the issue is with the coaching, if you are in the know on these sort of things (tu)

How many players have Walter and Ally improved as a football player and/or sold on for a profit?.

Serious question.

My guess is they have ruined more than made and have took a loss more than we have made a profit

My issue with the coaching is the majority of our squad are shite, can't take a set piece and can't pass a football.