A serious point about TBB

RFC55

Right lets face it Fenian was never going to be allowed by the club.

It now seems the song will never be back at Ibrox as its offensive and banned in any shape or form. We have also been told we will be arrested for singning this. Now how does that go if we change the words?

Surely Hearts, Kilmarnock, Dundee, Dundee utd, Man utd and any other team who come here and sing the song should be locked up? How can one set of fans sing it yet we cant? Why wont the club who promoted the song on tapes such as The battle of Britain and old club cd's etc back it in a form minus the word fenian?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Right lets face it Fenian was never going to be allowed by the club.

It now seems the song will never be back at Ibrox as its offensive and banned in any shape or form. We have also been told we will be arrested for singning this. Now how does that go if we change the words?

Surely Hearts, Kilmarnock, Dundee, Dundee utd, Man utd and any other team who come here and sing the song should be locked up? How can one set of fans sing it yet we cant? Why wont the club who promoted the song on tapes such as The battle of Britain and old club cd's etc back it in a form minus the word fenian?

Changing the words could remove the offence. The problem though is that there will always be guys pissed out of their head who when its sung, will sing the old words.

If we stop singing it though then as suggested by this group, we then ask for parity from the other clubs.

Changing the words could remove the offence. The problem though is that there will always be guys pissed out of their head who when its sung, will sing the old words.

If we stop singing it though then as suggested by this group, we then ask for parity from the other clubs.

Thats exactly what im meaning mate. The fenian debate is over. Everyone on this forum knows my views, i would rather keep the chant than lose it altogether. I just dont get how our club can ban it/UEFA and every other club can sing their version.

Hearts sing Fenian blood and Aberdeen even came down once and sang it. When it got to the end of the song they sang we are singing your song

if the rest of use know the new words it will be more than possible to drown them out!

Provo blood.

I'm not sure if the folks at UEFA, etc. even listen to the words though. Do they get some expert in to listen to recordings, or do they just say "yep, that's the banned song"? I wouldn't be too confident that changing one word would protect the club.

if the rest of use know the new words it will be more than possible to drown them out!

Trouble is, a large majority of the fans would just resort back to singing fenian a lot of the time.

I know for a fact that if I was up with my Dad and we'd been boozing and Rangers had just scored I'd pretty much definitely be singing fenian.

Trouble is, a large majority of the fans would just resort back to singing fenian a lot of the time.

I know for a fact that if I was up with my Dad and we'd been boozing and Rangers had just scored I'd pretty much definitely be singing fenian.

:lol:

Tell your old boy when i take over he is new Head of security at Rangers. Anyone not singing fenian will be removed :clap:

We used to go 'ssshhhhh' at the offending parts of our songs.

I don't see why we couldn't do that with TBB.

Although a few good points raised in the thread with regards to UEFA and whether they would just identify the song and assume we have sang the offensive words.

It would be down to Rangers to fight our corner :rolleyes:.

Another good point is the drunken fans who would possibly blurt out the offending version,we've all seen the Rangers Euro Ned.

We used to go 'ssshhhhh; at the offending parts of our songs.

I don't see why we couldn't do that with TBB.

Although a few good points raised in the thread with regards to UEFA and whether they would just identify the song and assume we have sang the offensive words.

It would be down to Rangers to fight our corner :rolleyes:.

Another good point is the drunken fans who would possibly blurt out the offending version,we've all seen the Rangers Euro Ned.

How you doing anyway mate :sherlock:

just everyone start singing Big Jock Knew again, i'm sure that'll piss off the scum equally as much.

give it 2 months and they'll know doubt claim that is also sectarian.

We sang that at Motherwell on Saturday. A fine chant was had by all at the back row loyal :sherlock:

We've got to try and look at this positivly as well as seriously as you mentioned, but if we at least put the effort in, im sure we could eradicate it.

How you doing anyway mate :sherlock:

Funk Dory,you?

I'd class myself as a pisshead at most games but I managed to refrain from singing the words the last time we were under scrutiny and think most would be the same.

You go to a lot of games I wouldn't have you in the Euro Ned category :sherlock:

Funk Dory,you?

I'd class myself as a pisshead at most games but I managed to refrain from singing the words the last time we were under scrutiny and think most would be the same.

You go to a lot of games I wouldn't have you in the Euro Ned category :sherlock:

Im more your every game ned. Goat said i was being bad on Saturday but i was out fae the friday night so thats ok :sherlock:

How do we get the message out that the words have been changed? Sadly, I think people will sing the original words regardless.

Get rangers to issue a public statement that to combat the 'sectarianism' in scottish football their fans have changed the words to TBB to show their support to the cause

most of the time i hear it being sung on the telly the fenian part is not even there

all you hear on telly most of the time is:

......you'll know us by our noise.

dadadadadadadadadadadadada surrender or you'll die......

i don't see how that could possibly still be sectarian if we left it like that?