JM1872

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotsman Interview

"I didn't really like my name growing up, to be honest," Templeton says. "My dad left and I went to my mum's side who were all Celtic fans so I ended up following them. So it was odd being a Celtic fan called Davie Cooper. I got a bit of stick when I was younger but I obviously don't bother about the Old Firm any more."

Agreed. Wylde is arguably all about pace. Templeton looks like he has pace and backs of skill with it. I think the Dims will make a bid for him in the summer, I certainty wouldn't mind him playing for the Gers.

Completely disagree.

Wylde isn't as tricky as Templeton, but he doesn't need to be as tricky. Wylde's shown in his spell in the side that he has an eye for a pass aswell.

Completely disagree.

Wylde isn't as tricky as Templeton, but he doesn't need to be as tricky. Wylde's shown in his spell in the side that he has an eye for a pass aswell.

I emphasize the word arguably buddy. Templeton is definitely the more natural footballer and ahead of Wylde in terms of skill and ability.

The thing with Templeton is that he can go by any defender about 70% of the time, even when he doesn't have a lot of space.

As much as I love Wylde, he's extremely one-dimensional at the momment (He's fast, intelligent, and has a peach of a cross, but not a lot else), and while he is still young and can improve, he needs to improve quickly because it's only a matter of time before he's found out.

Simply put, if he doesn't add more to his game, as soon as SPL right backs stop giving Wylde the space he is currently enjoying, his game is up.

I emphasize the word arguably buddy. Templeton is definitely the more natural footballer and ahead of Wylde in terms of skill and ability.

Aye, that's why I argued the case :P

I agree Templeton's more skillful and is technically more sound, but Wylde's passing, crossing and defensive work are all traits that have impressed since coming into the team.

While his pace is obviously his main asset, there's definately more to his game. Of course he needs to develop those other parts of his game, particularly his crossing as it's quite inconsistent.

The thing with Templeton is that he can go by any defender about 70% of the time, even when he doesn't have a lot of space.

As much as I love Wylde, he's extremely one-dimensional at the momment (He's fast, intelligent, and has a peach of a cross, but not a lot else), and while he is still young and can improve, he needs to improve quickly because it's only a matter of time before he's found out.

Simply put, if he doesn't add more to his game, as soon as SPL right backs stop giving Wylde the space he is currently enjoying, his game is up.

You are fastly becoming a poster I enjoy looking out for, alot of the time I find myself agreeing with what you post. (tu)

I'd rather have Weiss as well. But arguably throughout the season he was playing out of position as he was/is a right mid is he not?

Templeton is Scottish too and we must keep a strong Scottish feel about the club, people who know the roots of the club, the traditions of what the club are about!

Just found this.

After this latest performance against Inverness, Hearts manager Jim Jefferies stated, in jest, that he would not accept anything less than £15,000,000 from teams wishing to sign Templeton. - From Wikipedia

Just found this.

After this latest performance against Inverness, Hearts manager Jim Jefferies stated, in jest, that he would not accept anything less than £15,000,000 from teams wishing to sign Templeton. - From Wikipedia

Hearts couldn't hold off for £15 million.

His Dad's a Bear but he is a tim. Wouldn't be the first tim to play for us, though. Celtic will offer him silly wages as they did with Brown.

Celtic will be dead as a club next season if they dont win the league.

Had the beating of Whittaker everytime until big Bougherra clattered into him, then he just didn't seem to recover. Luckily.

Was causing us problems, but wee Naisy was fantastic helping Whittaker out (tu)