What to expect under Ally M'coist.

With Ally's dream of becoming Manager at Rangers imminent I was wondering what immediate changes and impact you see for the start of the next season?

I've been curious in wondering how closely he will follow Walters blueprint for success. We all know what strengths and qualities WS liked in his team especially working under the recent constraints and its hard to argue with his success rate. This being true puts Ally in a predicament immediately IMO as he'll be concious of this winning formula yet may want to implement his own style of play ?

His first tasks will be to sort out the current squads contract situations and then assess what he's left with following any departures.

Taking into account Ally's own playing career I'd imagine he would be slightly more attack minded than Walter, although that's just a blatant assumption. I think the main thing he will have instilled in him from WS is the need for a solid defensive unit and goalkeeper.

Given this I think his first priority will be to retain Alan M'Gregor and in some capacity Davie Weir. Even at the age he is I think Davie is still such a vital part of our squad and his experience and strength of character are central to our recent success. Davie I think could undertake a dual role of mentor/coach and player, but not playing as regularly as previous.

Only when Ally is satisfied that we have the defensive base implemented will he concentrate his efforts on our midfield and attacking options. This is where I'm undecided as to how Ally will set out his stall.

Walter never really relied too often on out and out wingers and instead flooded his squad with utility men who could adapt to such roles without ever being a natural for the position. Will Ally have a different approach to this ??? I think given the upturn in financial terms we may see Ally prepared to be a little more expansive in his style.

I'm confident that Ally will have a good eye for scouting a couple of strikers and he knows as well as anyone that to have the maximum effect those strikers require quality service and delivery so I'm confident we'll see some exciting additions in these areas.

When I think of Ally as a player I most fondly remember the side of 92/93 of which he was a part and kind of hope he attempts to replicate that. They had such a resilience and spirit about them, similar to our current squad in some ways but also had the ability to give anyone a game.

I am excited about our prospects under Ally as he couldn't have served a more thorough and educating apprenticeship and its a relief to know that at least now he'll be going into battle with Lennon on a more even keel. What's still to be discovered though is just what form our new approach and team will take?

Thoughts?

The Main Factors Are The Fact He Has Worked With WS For So Long, as a Player, With Scotland & With Rangers. So Gaining All That Knowledge From WS For So Long is A Big Factor. As is The Fact He Knows The Club & Its Supporters Inside & Out & That Its Not A Dutch Man or French Man Taking Over & Doesnt Understand The Club.

One Thing We Have To Remember is That With Lennon & The Great Unwashed is That The Two Clubs Have Taken it to The Last Day of The Season. But Lennon Has Had The Resources There at His Disposal & we Havent & This is The Best he Can do. So With The Resources we Expext to Have Over The Next Few Seasons it Will Certainly Not be as Close as we Have Done so Much With so Little With WS Intelligent Management.

Infact I Dont Think Lennon Will be There Next Season, Not Because of The Threats He is Getting But Because This is The Best He Can Perform With Better Resources He Has Than Us, So Whats it Going to be Like When we Have The Resources Again. He is on a Rolling 6 Month Contract Anyway & I Think The Men Upstairs at His Own Club Are Sick of Him. Dragging The Club Through Even More Mud & Scottish Football Along With it.

As For Allays Approuch, Hes Not Daft so I reakon He Will Not Change Too Much. Maybe Just a Few Tweaks Here & There as Far as The Attacking Side of Things Are Concerned. They Say That Your Only as Good as Your Signings & Hopefully With Some of The Signings he Has Played Along Side in The Past Will Influence Who He Signs & That He Might Replicate Some of The Great Rangers Sides From The Past.

Like Everyone Else Im Excited to See What Happens Over The Summer & Give Him All The Best!

The Main Factors Are The Fact He Has Worked With WS For So Long, as a Player, With Scotland & With Rangers. So Gaining All That Knowledge From WS For So Long is A Big Factor. As is The Fact He Knows The Club & Its Supporters Inside & Out & That Its Not A Dutch Man or French Man Taking Over & Doesnt Understand The Club.

One Thing We Have To Remember is That With Lennon & The Great Unwashed is That The Two Clubs Have Taken it to The Last Day of The Season. But Lennon Has Had The Resources There at His Disposal & we Havent & This is The Best he Can do. So With The Resources we Expext to Have Over The Next Few Seasons it Will Certainly Not be as Close as we Have Done so Much With so Little With WS Intelligent Management.

Infact I Dont Think Lennon Will be There Next Season, Not Because of The Threats He is Getting But Because This is The Best He Can Perform With Better Resources He Has Than Us, So Whats it Going to be Like When we Have The Resources Again. He is on a Rolling 6 Month Contract Anyway & I Think The Men Upstairs at His Own Club Are Sick of Him. Dragging The Club Through Even More Mud & Scottish Football Along With it.

As For Allays Approuch, Hes Not Daft so I reakon He Will Not Change Too Much. Maybe Just a Few Tweaks Here & There as Far as The Attacking Side of Things Are Concerned. They Say That Your Only as Good as Your Signings & Hopefully With Some of The Signings he Has Played Along Side in The Past Will Influence Who He Signs & That He Might Replicate Some of The Great Rangers Sides From The Past.

Like Everyone Else Im Excited to See What Happens Over The Summer & Give Him All The Best!

Wall of text and every word has a capital letter. doh

all Ally has to do is watch videos of our games since the split we have been immense, we didn't win against the dhims but created enough chances to win it, all the rest have been simply blown away by our football. start next season like we finished this one and there won't be a problem

Holland ’74 & Ajax of the treble European cup winning team of the early 70’s played the greatest fitba I have ever seen. Johann Cruyff is the greatest player I have ever seen into the bargain.

That Ajax would absolutely horse the diving chancers at Barca these days :sherlock:

The Reason For Using Text in This Way is Because Its Keener to The Eye & Easier to Read, Check Out Rangers TV & You Will See it Used in The Same Way in Different Areas of it. Its Done Purposely For The Benifit of The Reader. So You Think Your Being Clever & You Are Clearly Not!

Tbh it's actually quite annoying, no offence.

Holland ’74 & Ajax of the treble European cup winning team of the early 70’s played the greatest fitba I have ever seen. Johann Cruyff is the greatest player I have ever seen into the bargain.

That Ajax would absolutely horse the diving chancers at Barca these days :sherlock:

My older cousin told me he saw Cruyff at Ibrox for Ajax and that he was the best he had seen

My older cousin told me he saw Cruyff at Ibrox for Ajax and that he was the best he had seen

He had everything in his game that you might get with Maradona, Pele, Zidane and Messi. Except Cruyff was like watching a gazelle - poetry in motion.

A joy to behold.