Bayern v AC Milan thread

bluenose_72

Milan Coach Carlo Ancelotti insists that history will have no part to play in tonight’s Champions League visit to Bayern Munich.

“What has happened in the past doesn’t count, all that matters is how the teams perform,†said the Italian boss on the eve of the game.

The Rossoneri, who have six wins in nine games against Bayern, face a challenging task this evening after the 2-2 first leg draw at San Siro, but the tactician is optimistic of reaching the semi-finals.

“Bayern will look to control the game so the recipe for success is to play good football and perform. We need to have faith in our quality and remain upbeat about our chances,†added the 47-year-old.

Milan face a striker shortage though as Ronaldo is Cup-tied and Alberto Gilardino is suspended, leaving Ancelotti with only Ricardo Oliveira and a physically struggling Filippo Inzaghi.

“He is not yet 100 per cent fit, but I am confident he will play," added the Rossoneri boss when quizzed on Super Pippo.

“There has been a lot of talk about his condition as a player, his future and the fact that he hasn’t always played so far,†added the former Juventus boss.

“But the goals he has scored in the Champions League speak volumes and he has netted against Bayern in the past.â€

Inzaghi scored in last season’s 4-1 win over Bayern and is the fifth highest scorer in the competition’s history behind Gerd Muller, Raul Gonzalez, Andriy Shevchenko and Eusebio.

Bayern Munich (probable): Kahn; Salihamidzic, Lucio, Van Buyten, Lahm; Hargreaves, Van Bommel, Ottl, Schweinsteiger; Makaay, Podolski

Milan (probable): Dida; Oddo, Maldini, Nesta, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Seedorf; Kaka; Inzaghi

personally thats not the milan line up id go with. pippo isnt 100% fit and hes not very good up front on his own. seedorf isnt good in that attacking midfield position with kaka as he lacks pace and i would much rather see gourcuff play there. i doubt milan will get through but you can never predict whats going to happen in football championee FORZA MILANO PER SEMPRE!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AC Milan are the only team capable of giving the 3 x British teams a run for their money - but, should be a great game !

If it's going wrong for the Italians, watch the usual cheating and histrionics - which will incense the Germans.

I have hope, I always have hope.

My team would be the same as I always want:

--------------------Dida

Cafu------Nesta--------Maldini--------Jankulovski

--------------------Pirlo

Gattuso-------------------------------Gourcuff

-------------------Kaka

-----------Pippo---------Gila

Damn Ronnie being cup tied :(

The fact is we must score tonight. What's the point of a defensive team?

gila is suspended btw :rolleyes: we only included 2 strikers in the squad and pippo isnt 100% fit. as a milan fan you should know these things danny :lol:

He's suspended? Maybe we have a chance.

btw, if Pippo isn't 100% why have YOU picked him as a starter doh

Oli and Pippo for me up front then. Gawd.

gila is suspended btw :rolleyes: we only included 2 strikers in the squad and pippo isnt 100% fit. as a milan fan you should know these things danny :lol:

btw those probable line ups are from the channel 4 website not me thats the reason why i said it isnt the line up i would go for doh

btw those probable line ups are from the channel 4 website not me thats the reason why i said it isnt the line up i would go for doh

I forgive you (tu)

I forgive you (tu)

thank you (tu) FORZA MILANO!

So much anti-Milan sentiment...

comes from the anti-italian sentiment thats on RM.

There are quite a few Milan fans on here. You, me, Lola, Briton likes Milan, and some others too.

There are quite a few Milan fans on here. You, me, Lola, Briton likes Milan, and some others too.

yeh but there are many more who hate italy for some reason.

We hate everyone :2gunsfiring_v1:

I've got £1 on Milan winning 2-0 tonight so come on Milan :pipeguy:

The land of greasy corruption :pipeguy:

AC Milan are the only team capable of giving the 3 x British teams a run for their money - but, should be a great game !

If it's going wrong for the Italians, watch the usual cheating and histrionics - which will incense the Germans.

So Bayern Munich coming from 0-3 against Real and 1-2 against AC doesn't impress you? And you didn't answer my question last night - why can't there be two teams from the same country in the UEFA Cup final?