20 million quid signings ?

THEFISH

I would just like to get the reaction from all the other pundits on here...

If the sly one comes up with some serious dosh this is who I would like to see at Ibrox....not much change out of the 20 million Ive always asked the barsteward to release

Full back....Matt Taylor, Portsmouth

C Half...... Dawson, Spurs

Midfield.... Brown, Hibz....heez on his way anyway

Forward.... Bent, Charlton

There is absolutely NO chance of £20million being released as funds.

It seems that way, big shame really.....so which quality players do you suggest we sign for whatever amount of money is made available ????

Excluding the already signed donkeys Gow and Broadfoot :)

If we can sign the likes of Scott Brown and Danny Koevermans for the forward positions I'll be happy in the first instance.

I'd also like to see us sign a left-midfield player but that might not be so important depending on what formation we play next season. If we also qualify for the CL groups stage then more money might be available to buy the extra players we need such as a back up right back and (depending on what defenders stay and go) another centre-half.

As much as it frustrates and disappoints us all we have to be realistic in what money will be available and what players we can afford/attract. Obviously, that doesn't mean we can't be more efficient in our dealings, less extravagent in our wages to average Bosman's and more conscientious in our scouting.

Couple that with ensuring the players perform with more passion, commitment, industry, aggression, consistency and general quality then there is no reason why we, firstly, can't challenge Celtic for the SPL title then rebuild again from that first step.

If we can sign the likes of Scott Brown and Danny Koevermans for the forward positions I'll be happy in the first instance.

I'd also like to see us sign a left-midfield player but that might not be so important depending on what formation we play next season. If we also qualify for the CL groups stage then more money might be available to buy the extra players we need such as a back up right back and (depending on what defenders stay and go) another centre-half.

As much as it frustrates and disappoints us all we have to be realistic in what money will be available and what players we can afford/attract. Obviously, that doesn't mean we can't be more efficient in our dealings, less extravagent in our wages to average Bosman's and more conscientious in our scouting.

Couple that with ensuring the players perform with more passion, commitment, industry, aggression, consistency and general quality then there is no reason why we, firstly, can't challenge Celtic for the SPL title then buold again from that first step.

We need to replace at least 7 players just now..they have been together long enough they just dont meet the requirements

It time to clear out the dead wood for the ??????? time

Anything less than 20 million will not solve the problem it will just paper over the cracks short term

When I say 20 million I mean 20 million absolute minimum and not one penny less or as I said many times he can GTF now not later

We do need at least 7 new players - arguably one or two more.

But we don't have the finance to bring in 7 quality players. That would require more than £10million and we simply don't have it. Just saying we need to spend it doesn't mean it will appear. That is frustrating, disappointing and worthy of debate but it's not going to happen.

Also, if we bring in 7 new players and remove 7 players that will only mean arguably replacing mediocrity with more mediocrity at our level of finance. I agree some of the existing players have had their chance but we also need to have a larger squad so not as many will leave as we think IMO. Remember, Prso, Klos, and Rae will already be leaving so we're half-way there in some respects. Add the likes of Sionko, Buffel, Webster and Weir (the latter 2 are only loans) to that, then you have 7 players maybe away already. Removing any more will mean huge change that will be hard to implement with our budget and mean preparation time will be limited ahead of a hugely important CL qualifier.

There will be changes in the summer but perhaps not as widespread as some may think.

PS: The changes I want to see are at board level. SDM may not be leaving in the summer but some of his ineffective executive directors should be.

I have it on good accord that Wattie think he needs 7 new players...

This is the pesh we had out last week at St.Mirren...take note, RFC strongest team, totally unacceptable to me and it should be the same for everybody else

McGregor, we need quality keeper, he is back up

Hutton, FB as I suggested him as back up ???

Ehiogu, short term dead wood CH as I suggested

Papac, dead wood

Burke dead wood

Prso finished CF as I suggested

Hemdani, dead wood

Ferguson, carry on

Adam, Brown in him as back up ?????

Boyd carry on

Novo dead wood

Klos finished

Svensson donkey

Rae donkey

Lennon ?

Shinnie ?

Burke and Hemdani Deadwood???

Get a grip mate Hemdani is one of our better players he very rarely gives the ball away and his reading of the game is quality. As for Burke he may be a tad inconsistent but to call him a deadwood is just nuts!

Hemdani, dead wood?

Hes RFC's player of the year in my book, what games have you been watching this season?

Matter of opinion I dont rate him..he was sheeite before this season and I dont see any reason to promote him too...heez a good player status

Fish Taylor would be a great signing, not sure about Dawson

As Frankie says if we can get Kovemans and Brown(which seems likely) then I believe we need another 4 decent players.

Weir may stay as I think Webster will ( he will in effect be a new signing)

If we can spend £8m which minty says he made available last year then we may have a chance of a couple of good player- Eastwood the striker at southend would score at SPL and EPL level-£4-£5m gets him.

Hemdani, dead wood?

Hes RFC's player of the year in my book, what games have you been watching this season?

Matter of opinion I dont rate him..he was sheeite before this season and I dont see any reason to promote him too...heez a good player status

This season?

Another stupid thread.

Is this the Darren Bent who Charlton rate over £16million. Michael Dawson who would cost at least £10million and Matt Taylor in the £5-7million bracket?

Another stupid thread.

Is this the Darren Bent who Charlton rate over £16million. Michael Dawson who would cost at least £10million and Matt Taylor in the £5-7million bracket?

Wooooooo!!!! some more stupid prices again

Where did ye get they prices fae ?? :lol:

Thats the prices been quoted between teams.... tottenham and man u were going to fork out for bent, and charlton said he is worth 16mil.

even if we had the transfer fee , we wouldn't get them... couldnt afford their wages...

and even if we could afford their wages, i doubt they would pick an OF spl team over an EPL team in europe.

Another stupid thread.

Wooooooo!!!! some more stupid prices again

Where did ye get they prices fae ?? :lol:

Charlton will slap a £15m price tag on Bent if they are to part company with their number one striker

Dawson loses his man too often for my liking, but he's playing for a Premiership club so he MUST be good :rolleyes:

Ah!!! been looking at a different Dawson fae me...loses his man too often

What does that actually mean ?

Dawson loses his man too often for my liking, but he's playing for a Premiership club so he MUST be good :rolleyes:

It means he watches the ball as it is played into the six-yard box, moves toward it, thus leaving the opposition player he is supposed to be marking unmarked. Said opposition player then proceeds to put aforementioned ball in Spurs net. Very basic stuff, really.

"Loses" - verb - to misplace, be unable to find.

players that are earning big wages for EPL teams will never come here in a million years. We will only sign players that are out of favour at a EPL club..such as Ugo was. We will never be able to sign the likes of Dawson ..Taylor even if we did have 20m to spend. And lets be honest..SDM would grudge giving us 20p never mind 20m

nope..im afraid its eastern europe nobodies and out of favour EPL players for us..and thats whats going to happen for a long time

I would just like to get the reaction from all the other pundits on here...

If the sly one comes up with some serious dosh this is who I would like to see at Ibrox....not much change out of the 20 million Ive always asked the barsteward to release

Full back....Matt Taylor, Portsmouth

C Half...... Dawson, Spurs

Midfield.... Brown, Hibz....heez on his way anyway

Forward.... Bent, Charlton

deluded if you think we would get those 2, pushing your luck with Taylor aswell

It means he watches the ball as it is played into the six-yard box, moves toward it, thus leaving the opposition player he is supposed to be marking unmarked. Said opposition player then proceeds to put aforementioned ball in Spurs net. Very basic stuff, really.

"Loses" - verb - to misplace, be unable to find.

Well in that case I think we should sign you :pipeguy:

I like Dawson, I think him and a fit King could be some partnership.

Fit King? Fit king are ye speakin' aboot? We hinna got a King, we hiv got a queen, bit she's a bittie auld for the fitba noo. Fit King, must be William, Charlie's gettin' on as weel. :lol::lol: