Barry Ferguson

Barry Ferguson, May 2003 "there's only one club for me and that's Rangers"

Barry Ferguson, July 2003 "here's my transfer request"

Mr Rangers.

He was not the first to make a statment like that & then leave Rangers & he won't be the last to do it either.

It's ok being a boyhood fan of your club & staying there your full career if your someone like Paul Scholes. These guys are playing in one of the biggest league's in the world & playing in the later stages in the CL.

Let's be honest our club is massive & have history others could only dream of, but we don't play to the standard of the other big teams. It only human nature to improve ourselves, so can we blame these players who wish to go? It's a no in my opinion.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was not the first to make a statment like that & then leave Rangers & he won't be the last to do it either.

It's ok being a boyhood fan of your club & staying there your full career if your someone like Paul Scholes. These guys are playing in one of the biggest league's in the world & playing in the later stages in the CL.

Let's be honest our club is massive & have history others could only dream of, but we don't play to the standard of the other big teams. It only human nature to improve ourselves, so can we blame these players who wish to go? It's a no in my opinion.

It's ok, we'll let you and many others have your 'hero'.

He's no hero to me though.

He lied to the Rangers fans who worshipped him. I can't forget that. I'll always respect the likes of Cousin or Bougherra who have admitted their intetions from day one a lot more than someone like Cuellar or Ferguson who kept saying what they thought the fans wanted to hear

He lied to the Rangers fans who worshipped him. I can't forget that. I'll always respect the likes of Cousin or Bougherra who have admitted their intetions from day one a lot more than someone like Cuellar or Ferguson who kept saying what they thought the fans wanted to hear

So you respect a player who instead of waiting to the end of the season, comes out during a intense title race & says he intends to leave in the summer or after his contract. With all the going ons behind the scenes this year that was not what we needed.

If Ferguson came out & says he was planning on leaving how do you think that would have went down?

It's ok, we'll let you and many others have your 'hero'.

He's no hero to me though.

Sure a player who led Rangers to well over 10 trophies shouldn't be a hero. :rolleyes:

Plenty of people think Ferguson is a hero am sure your opinion doesn't make much of a difference to them or him.

Sure a player who led Rangers to well over 10 trophies shouldn't be a hero. :rolleyes:

Plenty of people think Ferguson is a hero am sure your opinion doesn't make much of a difference to them or him.

I basically just said that :lol:

Barry is still a high profile player, I reckon he'll go to Dubai/Qatar and play for a fortune.

The guys a legend to me and I'll always look at him as a hero of mine

You'd think Barry was a Celtic supporting Rangers hating rapist the way some go on about him. For what he achieved here at such a young age is incredible. "The Crab" makes me laugh, watch Barry Ferguson in the 02/03 treble winning season and call him a crab then. Some people will happily forget anything good he's done for us so they can hate him, those who do need to get a grip and stop being jealous :)

"I've thought about it long and hard and I'd have to say this is my biggest achievement in the game. A few of my mates have asked me the question and I think this is the tops.

I've played in finals and won medals north of the border and if I'm honest, it's probably a bigger achievement than reaching the UEFA Cup Final too."

And yet he said this. I don't think so. Not a real Rangers man.

Are you a real Rangers man, am I a real Rangers man, is Walter a real Rangers man ?

Who exactly decides what a real Rangers man is ? You ?

Are you a real Rangers man, am I a real Rangers man, is Walter a real Rangers man ?

Who exactly decides what a real Rangers man is ? You ?

Don't reckon I would have said what Barry boy said if I was in his position. Would you have?

Yes I decide, didn't you get your official Rangers man status update in the post :lol:

Don't reckon I would have said what Barry boy said if I was in his position. Would you have?

Yes I decide, didn't you get your official Rangers man status update in the post :lol:

Its easy to say this as a fan, you have no idea what it would like to actually be in the position barry was in so its really not anything you can comment on

Its easy to say this as a fan, you have no idea what it would like to actually be in the position barry was in so its really not anything you can comment on

It's true, but I still doubt I would say it.

Who knows, ask me when I'm being asked straight after I've won a cup final with a bottom half club despite the odds being stacked against me...

There's more to life than Rangers, Barry realising that has obviously made a few people pretty bitter.

No I'm being serious, are you Mr Rangers ? cause' if you were then that would explain how you know what a real Rangers man is.

The Crab would have changed everything about Blackpools style of play, and not for the better imo. (tu)

Thats the two clubs i wanted to survive too. I was gutted McCarthy and Kean stayed up, dont mind Wigan, Martinez is a nice guy.

Spot on with assertions of both, Blackpools defending let them down and despite having several strikers on their books, Brum couldnt score enough. In fact Birmingham was awful to watch, so boring an dnegative, but for Alex, i wanted them to survive.

(tu)

In Spain and Italy Ferguson would be praised for excellent technique, ball retention etc. Here he's called a 'crab' or 'Backpass Barry'. It's a shame Scotland didn't produce more of these 'crabs'.

Shame we never saw much of that excellent technique, sounds mythical.

Take it you missed 02/03 and pretty much all seasons previous? Not to mention his 15 assists in 07/08.