It's none of our business.

spangles

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldnt you be happier if whyte instead managed to keep delivering trophies while turning better than 5million a year profit?

as i replied to casey, if whyte can deliver a 5-10million a year profit (including transfer profits) while still winning domestic trophies, then he can keep the 25mill he claimed he was going to invest

a winning and profitable rangers is a far better proposition than a club ran at a loss and requiring funding from its owner

thats quite a pipe dream.

i sincerely hope he doesnt, but it seems that unless he literally pulls 5million every summer for the next 5 seasons from his own wallet then some people will claim that whyte "lied" to them

a properly ran rangers, with european money, transfer profits and better merchandising revenue, could very well turn a 5-10mill a year profit

i wouldnt care who the owner was, if he could do that and still deliver success on the field then he has my backing (tu)

and they will be correct.

also why the hell would you not want his cash.

and whats this obsession with proft. we are a football club.

I actually love how everyone demands answers as if in some mythical past we were always kept in the loop

We are the supporters. Yes

Lifeblood of the club. Indeed

So yes we ARE entitled to info but Whyte would be a diddy if he came out and said 'right guys, here's the score. We have X to spend' OR 'I only have Y in the account'

First scenario - Clubs would bump up the price for players we want

Second scenario - Clubs would offer less for our players as they know our limits

So long as Mr Whyte spends the value he pledged and shows some flexibility IF needed (hopefully that won't arise as it'd mean we're struggling) I'll be happy.

Sometimes there are very good reasons for keeping your cards close to your chest.

Only in Scotland is that 'proof' of sinister intentions.

When did you last hear of ANY team disclosing their budget and financial plans? Never I reckon.

we deserve better.

will whyte deliver that.

I'll believe it when I see it.......do we have assurances that he won't get us in the mess he is supposed to saved us from? Who's keeping an eye on things now?? The Bank? I'm not sure about this at all, although I'll be accused of being negative. Something doesn't sit right with me, after all the time it took to get this sorted. If this guy fucks up its no more Rangers and step forward FC Rangers of Glasgow. We wont get any other chances.

im saying that i would rather our club could sustain itself rather than relying on our owner to constantly give us cash

sure thats fine but its not a reason for him not to give us cash. especially as its cash he has promised.

and they will be correct.

also why the hell would you not want his cash.

and whats this obsession with proft. we are a football club.

When did Whyte promise to pay that £25m from his own tail? Was it not merely a guarantee that it would be made available to the manager over the 5year period?

When did Whyte promise to pay that £25m from his own tail? Was it not merely a guarantee that it would be made available to the manager over the 5year period?

well who pays it is certainly up for debate but it should be fresh capital.

5m a season is not a lot, I only hope it's net expenditure. That said, if we stop having to rebuild our squad so frequently, tie players down and focus on youth we will not have to spend too much each season

5m a season is not a lot, I only hope it's net expenditure. That said, if we stop having to rebuild our squad so frequently, tie players down and focus on youth we will not have to spend too much each season

Yes it's 25 million net transfer funds over 5 years.

I don't think we need to spend that much either. Our first team has a lot of quality.

Need a few cheap squad players and a couple of Jelavic's.

I don't think it is really any of our business how Whyte conducts his affairs.

A lot of people are being very critical, unnecessarily so. Why should Whyte tell us the hums and haws of his every move.

It's not like any other club owner does. Imagine the hearts fans trying to get Romanov to disclose all the stuff you guys are asking for :lol:

A lot of people are being very critical, unnecessarily so. Why should Whyte tell us the hums and haws of his every move.

It's not like any other club owner does. Imagine the hearts fans trying to get Romanov to disclose all the stuff you guys are asking for :lol:

You dont think the £18m we give to the club each year by way of season tickets entitles us to at the very least enquire as to how the person, who ultimately controls our money, operates and funds our business. :craphead:

You dont think the £18m we give to the club each year by way of season tickets entitles us to at the very least enquire as to how the person, who ultimately controls our money, operates and funds our business. :craphead:

Enquire yes, demand no. I think he's been pretty clear about most things. It's the detail that some people want him to go into that bugs me.

So it was none of our business when Murray run up £70m+ of debt? It was none of our business when the club were not able to buy anyone for a 18 month period?

Sorry, but I disagree. The finances of Rangers are very much our business.

So it was none of our business when Murray run up £70m+ of debt? It was none of our business when the club were not able to buy anyone for a 18 month period?

(tu)

Enquire yes, demand no. I think he's been pretty clear about most things. It's the detail that some people want him to go into that bugs me.

I think that he's been unclear about most things so far. Hopefully the shareholder document will clarify most of it.

We've had years of Murray saying that he put £100m into the club, so it's only natural that we now want to examine the detal of everything as it's been shown that we can't take things at face value. Hopefully Whyte will be shown to be different.

What a sore fucking title loss this one has been!

Thankfully there are those of us, who are more than delighted to have a won the title, despite the odds turning against us at times. Hopefully if the new regime is true to their word about committment, we can only soar higher and higher with the odds being more favourable towards us.

http://www.123video.nl/playvideos.asp?MovieID=149459

Nup, still don't think it's our business. Whyte has earned the right to run us in a way he sees fit as he's the one who's bought the club.

When the fans buy the club, then it's our business.

I'm just glad our new owner is a Gers fan from Motherwell rather than a random foreign investor who you can guarantee doesn't give two shits about the club.

I agree with this. Whyte has stated his intentions and promised to clarify in a document to the shareholders. That hasn't stopped people taking every available opportunity to attempt to discredit him and his personal finances. It's frankly pathetic. When he releases the shareholder statement, if it doesn't tie in with what he has said, THEN is the time to have a go at him. After that, if his actions don't tie in with his statements, have a go again.

These posters who are desperate to convince us all that he will never do what he has said he will do are getting on the tits of the rest of us. They are relentless, and come across as desperate. Worryingly, they seem to have obtained the 'facts' they are so keen on trying to convince the rest of us are true from phil mcsillyname and his accountant friends...

Also, while the finances of Rangers are our business, the finances of Craig Whyte are certainly not.

Nup, still don't think it's our business. Whyte has earned the right to run us in a way he sees fit as he's the one who's bought the club.

When the fans buy the club, then it's our business.

I'm just glad our new owner is a Gers fan from Motherwell rather than a random foreign investor who you can guarantee doesn't give two shits about the club.

So you didn't complain about the way Murray ran the club? You didn't complain about us not being able to buy anyone? Aye right. :rolleyes:

So you didn't complain about the way Murray ran the club? You didn't complain about us not being able to buy anyone? Aye right. :rolleyes:

I did, what's your point?

Do you think you can influence the way Whyte is going to run the club? How are you going to do this?