The Official Serbian Superliga Thread

With all that has gone one in Serbian football recently next season could be interesting

• Will we see another crop of potential stars come through
  • Will they be able to control their hooliagns
  • and will the sleeping giant that is Red Star awaken from its slumber
  • Who will move to Europe and make a name for himself

FK Borac ?a?ak

567px-Borac_%C4%8Ca%C4%8Dak.svg.png

FK BSK Bor?a

equal to Motherwell in terms of size

FK BSK Bor?a

fk%20bsk%20borca.jpg

FK Hajduk Kula

567px-Hajduk_Kula.svg.png

FK Jagodina

402px-FK_Jagodina.svg.png

FK Javor Ivanjica

401px-Javor_Ivanjica.svg.png

FK Metalac

472px-Metalac_Gornji_Milanovac.svg.png

FK Partizan

FK_Partizan_-_newest_logo_PNG.png

home to the 2nd biggest youth acadmey in the world after Ajax

we played them in 06-07 during Le Guen's tenure when we beat them 1-0 at Ibrox having already been guarenteed qualifiction to the knockout stages of the UEFA cup

FK Rad

FK_Rad_Beograd-logo-8F68660A2F-seeklogo.com.gif

FK Sevojno

24478.jpg

FK Smederevo

264px-FK_Smederevo.svg.png

was called FK Sartid after Sartid metallurgical concern bought the club in 1992

in a way the Serbian equivellant if Arsenal and in 2004 they reverted back to

FK Smederevo

FK Spartak Zlatibor Voda

150px-Spartak_Subotica.svg.png

FK Vojvodina

fkvojvodina-logo.png

we played them back in 68-69 Inter City Fairs Cup beating them 3-0 on aggregate

OFK Beograd

24506.jpg

Red Star Belgrade

56902.gif

The only Serbian team to win the european cup way back in 1990 when Darko Pancev scored the matchwinning penalty in Bari against Marseilles.

we played them on there way to the final and we got pumped 4-1 including a 3-0 thrashing in Belgrade in Round 2.

however we played them in 07-08 on the run to manchester when Ncho Novo scored the only goal at Ibrox to take us through 1-0 on aggregate.

the two newly promoted teams that have come up from the Serbian First League are .

FK Radni?ki Ni?

founded in 1923 , in 1969 played a game against Santos and it ended 4-4 with Pele scoring once , changed its name in 2010 from FK ?umadija Radni?ki1923 to the current FK Radni?ki Ni? 1923

594px-Fk_Radnicki_1923_Novi_GRB.png

FK BASK of Belgrade

one of the oldest clubs in Serbia , founded in 1903

big_Fk%20Bask%20Beograd01.gif

In complaince with Balkan peace agreements , I'm delighted to announce there will be a Bosnian league thread soon , as for why i'm doing all these leagues , I have an interest in Balkan football , my username gives a subtle hint along with my sig ;)

giving the regions somewhat turbulent history , turbulent being an understatement ! its fascinating that football has played a part in its history ;)

Dunno why people are shooting it down, probably better or at least equal to the SPL...

Indeed , Serbia has a tradition of producing fine footballers Stankovic , Vidic , Pantelic to name a few , all the more remarkable considering they aren't the richest country in Europe and have limited resources and are still recovering from the Yugoslav wars .

Indeed , Serbia has a tradition of producing fine footballers Stankovic , Vidic , Pantelic to name a few , all the more remarkable considering they aren't the richest country in Europe and have limited resources and are still recovering from the Yugoslav wars .

Only one country is.

Still, I'll keep looking in on this. Expanding your football knowledge is never a bad thing.

djw will be in next telling you about how dimitri mcdiddleslash has scored 15 goals in 12 games for FK Smederevo last season and how he was out for 1 month due to personal problems cause his wife gave birth to a couch instead of a baby.

Where has this myth come from that I watch all these crazy leagues? :lol:

In any case, from a couple of YouTube videos, you can see that the atmosphere in the Belgrade derby is immense, and the country does produce a decent amount of quality players, so I'll follow this thread with interest.

you know everything about everything from everywhere :rolleyes:

Where has this myth come from that I watch all these crazy leagues? :lol:

In any case, from a couple of YouTube videos, you can see that the atmosphere in the Belgrade derby is immense, and the country does produce a decent amount of quality players, so I'll follow this thread with interest.

Was going to ask that as well.

All I've seen is you posting the obscure articles...

I enjoyed game Slovan vs. Zvezda year ago.

Footbal side - would be happy to see some of the balkan clubs in higher stages of european games.

Which club Sava Milosevic was from?