The Circular

spangles

What if anything are we all expecting when circular day arrives this Monday, if anything.

ETA.....Friedel has just signed for Spurs.

exclamation.png

• User spangles banned!
  • Banned from: Global ban
  • Ban reason: Previously banned member using proxy IP, scaremongering.
  • Banned until: 06 June 2021 - 09:42 PM

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if anything are we all expecting when circular day arrives this Monday, if anything.

If anything...

Were dooooooomed i tells ya...dooooooooomed!!

Doesn't matter what it says, the usual suspects will point suspicious fingers and cast as much doubt as they can possibly muster.

While caution is of course advised the unhealthy desire to want to find fault where there isn't any will be most unwelcome.

Doesn't matter what it says, the usual suspects will point suspicious fingers and cast as much doubt as they can possibly muster.

While caution is of course advised the unhealthy desire to want to find fault where there isn't any will be most unwelcome.

If it appears you can be sure it will matter very much what it says, or maybe you prefer moonbeams. :sherlock:

If he confirms the date he is writing off the debt then i will be satisfied, that's the only "promise" that actually matters in all this.

The 5m a season thing is nonsense.

I'm not sure what we'll learn from this release but I'm hopeful it will allay any lingering doubts.

If not, we'll probably have to wait until the club AGM in the autumn before getting the chance to ask the questions. Am hoping the format of this will change but with McClelland still prevalent, I doubt it.

If he confirms the date he is writing off the debt then i will be satisfied, that's the only "promise" that actually matters in all this.

(tu) (tu) (tu)

Is this something that you have been told, Frankie, or just a general feeling?

It's been delayed once already so given the takeover shambles wouldn't be a surprise to see it happen again.

Nothing concrete though; just an opinion.

Surely he's not going to give a date for that? Presumably the reason he's not waived it yet is just in case we do not win the tax case. He fully expects us to, but should the worst case happen, he is preferred creditor and will get his £18m back.

I don't know whether this circular will say so or not, but I'd expect the debt to be waived once the tax case is resolved. Anything else would be foolish, and I really hope we've not been bought by a fool.

MIH said it is to be waived at a future date, they attached no stipulations to that. If it is linked to the tax case then that is something totally different altogether. I think people are getting a bit carried away with the preferential creditor stuff. I don't believe administration is on the cards, lets listen to the judgement when it comes instead of the wet dreams of tims with far too much time on there hands.

On the debt I have serious doubts it will be waved at all but will happily be proved wrong on Monday.

MIH said it is to be waived at a future date, they attached no stipulations to that. If it is linked to the tax case then that is something totally different altogether. I think people are getting a bit carried away with the preferential creditor stuff. I don't believe administration is on the cards, lets listen to the judgement when it comes instead of the wet dreams of tims with far too much time on there hands.

On the debt I have serious doubts it will be waved at all but will happily be proved wrong on Monday.

I don't think administration is on the cards either, but I think Whyte will have protected himself against the worst case scenario. The obvious way to do that is this 'foreseeable future' waiving of the debt. If (very, very big IF which I don't expect to happen and I'm sure neither does he) the tax case ended up with us owing more than he was prepared to pay, the fact that he hasn't waived the debt prior to that judgement means he can get his money back.

When the tax case is won by us, he sticks to his obligation and waives the debt, happy days.

Even if you're not proved wrong on Monday with a date of waiving, does that mean he won't waive it? I don't believe so.

How would he get his money back without us going into administration ?

If he doesn’t explain the mechanism around waving the debt on Monday then more alarm bells should ring but I agree it doesn’t mean he isn’t going to do it. Considering how Whyte has made his money (if he has money that is , I probably mean the career he has chosen) writing off large sums of money to a pay a debt that wasn’t yours doesn’t seem to fit into that, unless it’s a binding condition of the sale as MIH suggested.

He may not have to tell us on Monday but he would be a fool not to as he knows that is one of the main questions everyone wants answered

How would he get his money back without us going into administration ?

If he doesn’t explain the mechanism around waving the debt on Monday then more alarm bells should ring but I agree it doesn’t mean he isn’t going to do it. Considering how Whyte has made his money (if he has money that is , I probably mean the career he has chosen) writing off large sums of money to a pay a debt that wasn’t yours doesn’t seem to fit into that, unless it’s a binding condition of the sale as MIH suggested.

He may not have to tell us on Monday but he would be a fool not to as he knows that is one of the main questions everyone wants answered

Without us going into administration, he's got Rangers Football Club debt free and making an annual profit (at the moment) for £18m + £1. Bargain of the century (tu)

Surely he's not going to give a date for that? Presumably the reason he's not waived it yet is just in case we do not win the tax case. He fully expects us to, but should the worst case happen, he is preferred creditor and will get his £18m back.

I don't know whether this circular will say so or not, but I'd expect the debt to be waived once the tax case is resolved. Anything else would be foolish, and I really hope we've not been bought by a fool.

Without us going into administration, he's got Rangers Football Club debt free and making an annual profit (at the moment) for £18m + £1. Bargain of the century (tu)

How can he "waive" the debt if we're debt free ?

How can he "waive" the debt if we're debt free ?

Is that a serious question? <cr>

Let's assume it is. If we win the tax case, and he hasn't waived the debt, Rangers owe £18m to Wavetower (under its new name which has slipped my mind). He then waives the debt, which costs him £18m. Thus he has a debt-free Rangers for £18m plus the £1 he paid for SDM's shares.