The Circular

spangles

why use the the phrase most likely if i am wrong.

i knew barca a would most likely hump man utd but not a person in the world knew it for sure.

no one knows what will happen. no decision has been made and even if it had it would be subject to appeal.

your claiming to know the future. now thats stupid.

Barca b would most likely hump Man Utd as well mate. :rolleyes:

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a wee thought for those who think HMRC will be out to close us down or similar.

How much did Rangers FC pay in taxes to the Inland Revenue in the last tax year?

Directly and indirectly.

they almost certainly wont close us down.

but a bill of 20 million would not make us insolvent as an example.

So, the debt IS cleared then. Excellent news (well for us who weren't doomsaying).

tut tut tut

Before you start -

The debt is cleared, but if the tax case goes against us, we will effectively have to borrow the money to pay for it.

Don't be bamboozled with folk trying to link the two things. They are insinuating we'll have the debt AND a tax bill.

This release confirms the previous debt is gone and we'll only need more if HMRC win, in which case we'll be back into a bit of debt but we still won't be run by banks.

We can't blame Whyte for the tax case.

If we were still unsold, we'd still have the original debt PLUS any tax liability, regardless of any daft rumours about Murray paying it, and a bank looking to shaft us.

This release is good news re the takeover, and it now means we need to get a good resolution from HMRC to complete the picture.

No doubt others will see plenty to try and spin from the statement.

No the debt isn't cleared, it has yet to be waived, and only under certain conditions. :sherlock:

So, the debt IS cleared then. Excellent news (well for us who weren't doomsaying).

tut tut tut

Before you start -

The debt is cleared, but if the tax case goes against us, we will effectively have to borrow the money to pay for it.

Don't be bamboozled with folk trying to link the two things. They are insinuating we'll have the debt AND a tax bill.

This release confirms the previous debt is gone and we'll only need more if HMRC win, in which case we'll be back into a bit of debt but we still won't be run by banks.

We can't blame Whyte for the tax case.

If we were still unsold, we'd still have the original debt PLUS any tax liability, regardless of any daft rumours about Murray paying it, and a bank looking to shaft us.

This release is good news re the takeover, and it now means we need to get a good resolution from HMRC to complete the picture.

No doubt others will see plenty to try and spin from the statement.

Far from the debt being cleared all the circular says is that (as things stand of today) we still owe £18 million and that will increase with every penny RFCG Ltd "invest" in Rangers. So instead of potentially owing £18 million to LBG we now owe £18 million to RFCG Ltd which will increase to excess of £30 million with the addition of £5 million for transfers, £5 million for working capital, £2.8 million tax bill (re discount option scheme not EBT), £1.7 million stadium revamp, plus any other monies "invested".

Are you referring to this bit: "The Rangers FC Group will either waive the debt that it has acquired or convert it into equity by way of an issue of new voting ordinary shares in the Club"?

If so, then I don't think they will exercise the 2nd option according to this bit: "However, The Rangers FC Group has separately undertaken to the Club that it will waive the debt that it has acquired and not exercise its option to convert it into equity as provided for in the Agreement"

The second bolded does not prevent the execution of the first bolded, a public offering, as opposed to the second being a private option relating to The Rangers FC Group. The fans taking up the slack of the public offering and pissing in the pot, the sort of scheme were Minty got his fingers burned. :sherlock:

Far from the debt being cleared all the circular says is that (as things stand of today) we still owe £18 million and that will increase with every penny RFCG Ltd "invest" in Rangers. So instead of potentially owing £18 million to LBG we now owe £18 million to RFCG Ltd which will increase to excess of £30 million with the addition of £5 million for transfers, £5 million for working capital, £2.8 million tax bill (re discount option scheme not EBT), £1.7 million stadium revamp, plus any other monies "invested".

This is ONLY if we go insolvent, and only means Whyte will get the money he has invested back before HMRC get theirs. Again, ONLY if we go insolvent. I honestly can't figure out the mentality of some posters <cr>

Enjoy reading the Booler and Guardians comments on this, and between the two of you uve pretty much spelt it out. All good from Mr whyte theirs nothing he is doin or saying that has set any alarm bells whatsoever, and something he has not mentioned, is the fact he is surrounded by the guys who are best at their jobs, Ie One of his guys Betts, is one of the leading guys in the world, in regards to tax and finance and he alone could seem to be worth his wait in gold, Everyone will speculate on Andrew Ellis's involvement, but Craig Whyte initially said he see Rangers as a '' very big commercial opportunity'' and with Sir David Murrays plans for Ibrox and surrounding area, its very obvious without being stated that Andrew Ellis might see meg ''Commercial '' opportunitys for them to develop. I for one am VERY excited about Rangers future, and I think its a bout time everyone starts to support our amazing club again, and leave this man to make us into the force we all want to be !!!

This is ONLY if we go insolvent, and only means Whyte will get the money he has invested back before HMRC get theirs. Again, ONLY if we go insolvent. I honestly can't figure out the mentality of some posters wacko.gif

I can!

Btw a private chat with Frankie about one of these posters will lead you to learn he has been banned throughout the online community various times ;)

Enjoy reading the Booler and Guardians comments on this, and between the two of you uve pretty much spelt it out. All good from Mr whyte theirs nothing he is doin or saying that has set any alarm bells whatsoever, and something he has not mentioned, is the fact he is surrounded by the guys who are best at their jobs, Ie One of his guys Betts, is one of the leading guys in the world, in regards to tax and finance and he alone could seem to be worth his wait in gold, Everyone will speculate on Andrew Ellis's involvement, but Craig Whyte initially said he see Rangers as a '' very big commercial opportunity'' and with Sir David Murrays plans for Ibrox and surrounding area, its very obvious without being stated that Andrew Ellis might see meg ''Commercial '' opportunitys for them to develop. I for one am VERY excited about Rangers future, and I think its a bout time everyone starts to support our amazing club again, and leave this man to make us into the force we all want to be !!!

(tu)

The Acquisition occurred on 6 May 2011 and was announced by The Rangers FC Group and the

Club on that date. The consideration for the Acquisition was £1, satisfied in full in cash.

:lol: I'd bloody hope so :lol:

Not as strange as truth is to you... ;) or maybe you can confirm the debt has been waived..or not.. :craphead:

I can not however i trust people like Bluedell and Frankie over you any day of the week. You also lift every single rumour you post from tarrier minded sites!

Not as strange as truth is to you... ;) or maybe you can confirm the debt has been waived..or not.. :craphead:

The debt is being waived within 90 days of the tax case finalising unless we go bust.

but its only payable if we are insolvent. which makes it an irrelevance as far as day to day running of the club is concerned.

its fair to say we are debt free.

The second bolded does not prevent the execution of the first bolded, a public offering, as opposed to the second being a private option relating to The Rangers FC Group. The fans taking up the slack of the public offering and pissing in the pot, the sort of scheme were Minty got his fingers burned. :sherlock:

They say they've an agreement to waive the debt so, assuming that agreement is guaranteed somehow, they will surely waive the debt. They also say they won't take up the equity option "as provided for in the agreement" which, presumably, is the first bit in bold.