Barcelona open Fabregas talks

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood has confirmed Barcelona have made initial contact regarding a transfer for Cesc Fabregas, but no formal offer has yet been tabled by the Spanish and European champions.

Fabregas, a graduate of Barcelona's La Masia academy, is a long-term target for Pep Guardiola's side and recently admitted he was unaware of what his future holds now the transfer window is open.

Though Barca president Sandro Rosell is adamant the club will not pay "over the top" for the midfielder, it is believed he is a prime target for the club, along with Udinese's Alexis Sanchez and Villarreal's Giuseppe Rossi.

Arsenal are determined to hold onto their influential captain but Hill-Wood also admits he would not blame Fabregas for wanting to return to Catalunya.

“Yes, they have spoken to us about Cesc," Hill-Wood told the Sunday Mirror. "They have been in touch. But so far they have not made a bid and we do not want to let him go.

“But he comes from Barcelona so it is understandable if he wanted to go back. However, they have not made an offer so far.”

It is reported that Barcelona have instructed vice-president Josep Bartomeu and sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta to travel

to London to open official talks with the Gunners.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/19062011/58/premier-league-barcelona-open-fabregas-talks.html

I am actually bored to tears of the Fabregas to Barcelona 'saga' now.

Agreed, it's like well just fucking go get over it so that it won't go in to the fifth transfer window (January's window)

It's ran for far, far, to long now.

honestly dont care if he goes anymore. I fully think Ramsey can make the step up just like he done against man u at the end of last season.

get good money for him and let him go.

Also it might not happen if they dont manage to sell david villa. But i think man city might become interested in him sooner rather than later.

honestly dont care if he goes anymore. I fully think Ramsey can make the step up just like he done against man u at the end of last season.

get good money for him and let him go.

Also it might not happen if they dont manage to sell david villa. But i think man city might become interested in him sooner rather than later.

Ramsey? please tell me you are joking

i actually believe that barca are now going for him purely because they failed to get him and its almost trying to save face

arsenal should ask for 30million over 3 years, and the minute barca say yes snap their fucking hand off

arsenal need fabregas like anyone needs a bullet to the head, he just doesnt offer what arsenal require to win the EPL, what they need is a makelele type player to sit just in front of the back 4 breaking things up and simple passes to the creative players of the team

and they also need a centre half in the mould of hangeland of fulham, not the best ball player but he would header a brick wall to stop a goal

and lastly they should sign given, that would save them about 12 points a season also

I am actually bored to tears of the Fabregas to Barcelona 'saga' now.

Haha its like their "Healy to Rangers" saga, every window, then when they do sign him he wont play.

Arsenal need Samba/Cahill Barton(as much as it pains me to say it would love to see Barton play for arsenal. Hate him but would be good for the team) Gervinho and a top striker.

He ain't ready to step up

Fabregas can't go. He get's a dozen assists a season

Im sure there are others out there who can also assist.

Ramsey was well ahead of wilshere in terms of development before he got his injury. Look at wilshere now. If Ramsey never got injured i fully believe Fabregas would have been sold last summer and Ramsey would have taken his place then and made the step up that wilshere has. This is Ramseys season to step up now and the boys got to much talent not to. IMO ovcourse

Im sure there are others out there who can also assist.

Ramsey was well ahead of wilshere in terms of development before he got his injury. Look at wilshere now. If Ramsey never got injured i fully believe Fabregas would have been sold last summer and Ramsey would have taken his place then and made the step up that wilshere has. This is Ramseys season to step up now and the boys got to much talent not to. IMO ovcourse

Fabregas is the captain as well though

Who would you pick to be the next captain?

Fabregas is the captain as well though

Who would you pick to be the next captain?

Thomas Vermaelen or even Samba if we buy him which looks likely.