If a player like Allan McGregor is picked............

For the GB Olympic team their will be no retribution of him from the SFA but since its unpopular with the SFA and "The Fans" it would not be in their best interest to join the GB Olympic team.

From the BBC news reporting Scotland program.

Who are these "fans"

If I was any Rangers player and I asked if I wanted to play for A GB team by the Press I would say yes and if I was to get any grief from the SFA I would tell them to stick it

Surely this would be a honour for any player and the club

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No player in the right mind would play in this bollox tourney considering the risk of injury, especially those seeking contract extensions and transfers.

The world cup & euros are the be all and end all when it comes to international tournaments

He'd be about 7 years too old.

But I understand what you mean, I hope the SFA don't really expect anyone to turn down the opportunity of performing at the Olympics.

You can have 2 or 3 players over 23 for some reason, I doubt they'd pick a goalkeeper as one of those though.

Anyway, I would love to play as part of the GB team at an Olympics, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Thing is, it'd be illegal for the SFA to act on a players wish to play at the Olympics, so their hands are tied.

The Scottish & Welsh FA's impaticular could be mistaken for boasting an anglophobian attitude to this whole situation, especially given the promises by FIFA an UEFA that our autonomy as independent footballing nations will be maintained.

You can have 2 or 3 players over 23 for some reason, I doubt they'd pick a goalkeeper as one of those though.

Anyway, I would love to play as part of the GB team at an Olympics, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I get you.

Well yeah like I said, I hope they honestly don't think someone would turn there nose up at taking part in an Olympics.

It was the "fans" thing that got me who are these cunts what would they do so that it wouldnt be in the players best interest to join a GB team.

Whit are the Tartan Army gonna make a witty song to sing at the player when they are watching Scotland getting humped again.

It was the "fans" thing that got me who are these cunts what would they do so that it wouldnt be in the players best interest to join a GB team.

Whit are the Tartan Army gonna make a witty song to sing at the player when they are watching Scotland getting humped again.

I hope any player chosen to play decline the invite.

And if they do choose to play, are ostracised from international football.

I hope any player chosen to play decline the invite.

And if they do choose to play, are ostracised from international football.

ostracised from international football for playing in the olympics o Great Britain get a grip.

You can Hope all you want but if a Player wants to play for the GB there is nothing you the sfa and the Tartan Trannies (the anti English Racists that they are) can do about it.

I cant wait to see the Tartan Army in court for their offensive songs.

If any Scottish player appears for a GB team in the Olympics you can bet he'll never play for Scotland again. And anyone who believes FIFA when they say "our autonomy as independent footballing nations will be maintained" are living in cloud cuckoo land. After the English FAs' naive attempt to stop Blatters' re-election there is little or no doubt in footballs higher circles that he will have his revenge, and he has long supported the idea of getting rid of the home nations as independent national teams.

Olympic football has long been a standing joke and will continue to be so, no matter what the BOA or FA think.

ostracised from international football for playing in the olympics o Great Britain get a grip.

You can Hope all you want but if a Player wants to play for the GB there is nothing you the sfa and the Tartan Trannies (the anti English Racists that they are) can do about it.

You really are a knob :wanker:

If any Scottish player appears for a GB team in the Olympics you can bet he'll never play for Scotland again. And anyone who believes FIFA when they say "our autonomy as independent footballing nations will be maintained" are living in cloud cuckoo land. After the English FAs' naive attempt to stop Blatters' re-election there is little or no doubt in footballs higher circles that he will have his revenge, and he has long supported the idea of getting rid of the home nations as independent national teams.

Olympic football has long been a standing joke and will continue to be so, no matter what the BOA or FA think.

Paranoid much? they have written conformation from FIFA that this wont be the case.

You come across as a reasonable chap.

As a 'Tartan Tranny' I personally don't have any interest in a British Football Team, and can assure you the majority of the 'Tartan Trannys' who are predominately Rangers fans as well would agree. Let the English hash on with it. Every player who was in the Squad for the Scotland vs Brazil game was asked if they would like to play if asked, and not one indicated they would. That shows you what the players think about it.

The Olympics is meant to be the pinnacle for an athlete in their Sport. However Football is not the case.

After what has just happened with the SFA and FA calling for a further investigation into FIFA, they will be doing anything they can to get the Home Nations rid of their 50% vote, and could do this by forcing a GB Team from now on. I know for certain I would not want to lose my National Team at the risk of a silly under 23 game.

As a 'Tartan Tranny' I personally don't have any interest in a British Football Team, and can assure you the majority of the 'Tartan Trannys' who are predominately Rangers fans as well would agree. Let the English hash on with it. Every player who was in the Squad for the Scotland vs Brazil game was asked if they would like to play if asked, and not one indicated they would. That shows you what the players think about it.

The Olympics is meant to be the pinnacle for an athlete in their Sport. However Football is not the case.

After what has just happened with the SFA and FA calling for a further investigation into FIFA, they will be doing anything they can to get the Home Nations rid of their 50% vote, and could do this by forcing a GB Team from now on. I know for certain I would not want to lose my National Team at the risk of a silly under 23 game.

I support Scotland but I would never align myself with a bunch of bigoted jacobite loving get a hardon watching Braveheart (one of the many anti English/British films the antisemitic roman catholic wife beater has made.) Tartan Army the tit who says he speaks for all scotland fans husband or something is he the one that tried to trade mark it money grabbing wanker.

How can you sit there with all your Rangers fans that make up the Tartan army and boo the Northern Ireland national anthem and look yourselves in the mirror

Rangers Fans Pffft

Oh and heres a rep the one youve got looks lonely

I couldn't give a flying fuck about rep. I'm rarely on here these days, largely because of the high numbers of seemingly illiterate numb-skulls posting shite while masquerading as Rangers supporters. :)

I couldn't give a flying fuck about rep. I'm rarely on here these days, largely because of the high numbers of seemingly illiterate numb-skulls posting shite while masquerading as Rangers supporters. :)

See ma post above Rangers Fans Pfffffffft

Booing the northern Ireland national anthem.

If the Tartan Army are made up of Rangers fans then I suggest you are the ones masquerading.

No player in the right mind would play in this bollox tourney considering the risk of injury, especially those seeking contract extensions and transfers.

The world cup & euros are the be all and end all when it comes to international tournaments

Aye but when was the last time Scotland,NI or Wales were at a WC or Euro finals?

What were you lot doing then when the rest of the trannies were singning we hate Rangers more than you in Ireland?

I don't understand why our autonomy as independent nations will be under threat. The Olympics Committee are the ones who govern the games. FIFA and UEFA have largley no say over how those games will influence torunaments they are responsible for.

Let's say hypothetically though we do play a GB team, and FIFA then say "ok we want a GB team" How will Catalonia and the Basqe's take this? How will South Oman take it?

There is absolutley no structure to an argument about loss of autonomy, more so when you consider two of the four home nations were the founders of the game, and took the first ever international game.

A fair point all the same though.

See ma post above Rangers Fans Pfffffffft

Booing the northern Ireland national anthem.

If the Tartan Army are made up of Rangers fans then I suggest you are the ones masquerading.

Where did I suggest I have any love for the tartan army? I know many Rangers fans who follow Scotland and don't boo any anthems, which goes to show that being a member of the tartan army is not a prerequisite for following Scotland. Like nearly all football teams, including Rangers, Scotland have many decent fans and a few idiots, but still the ill-informed tend to lump all their fans together as "tartan army".

As for FIFA giving written confirmation of our autonomy, I couldn't care less if it was written in Blatters own blood. It's still worthless and will be binned whenever the need arises. We're talking about one of the most corrupt organizations in existence, not a word they utter can be believed.