Hutton

KingKirk

According to the NOTW down south, spurs a willing to let let him and a few others leave for nothing. To clear the wage bill.

Get him signed ally

LIVERPOOL are ready to swoop for Tottenham winger Aaron Lennon.

Kop chief Kenny Dalglish is a huge admirer of the 24-year-old England star and has the cash at his disposal to tempt Spurs into a sale.

Harry Redknapp is desperately fighting to hold on to prize asset Luka Modric, despite the attentions of cash-rich Chelsea.

Spurs are even prepared to let fringe players like Niko Kranjcar, Alan Hutton and Sebastien Bassong leave for nothing to get them off the wage bill.

That would involve writing off almost £20million of signings but, crucially, it would allow White Hart Lane chiefs to put together an improved deal for Modric, who currently picks up about £50,000 a week.

Spurs boss Redknapp would prefer to hold on to Lennon, but a bid of about £15million would prove difficult to resist as he prepares for a season without the huge financial rewards of playing in the Champions League.

Dalglish has cash to splash as he continues his plan to overhaul the Liverpool squad and bring in a major influx of young, hungry British players at its core.

He has already spent more than £50m on Andy Carroll and Jordan Henderson and wants Aston Villa wide man Stewart Downing.

But Downing is now considering handing in a transfer request after Villa refused to drop their £19m asking price.

Dalglish is hoping he can create a new spirit at Liverpool from the cream of domestic talent

The Midlanders' hard-line approach has forced Dalglish to switch his sights for Lennon. And the Kop boss believes his direct running style could have a major impact at Anfield.

Lennon still has three years left on his existing deal with Spurs but knows a move to Anfield could double his salary.

Liverpool are also expected to complete the signing of Blackpool's midfield playmaker Charlie Adam this week for about £10m.

Dalglish is hoping he can create a new spirit at Liverpool from the cream of domestic talent and believes it can push his side to the brink of a Champions League place.

And Redknapp is aware there will be another side challenging for a top four place next season, which has increased his desire to hold on to Modric.

Chelsea are ready to go as high as £32m, almost double what Spurs paid for the Croat just three years ago.

And Sir Alex Ferguson has privately revealed that Modric will be one of the players on his Manchester United shopping list even after keeper David de Gea completes his move from Atletico

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought he had signed for Villa?

PS people thinking we can sign a player like Niko Kranjcar are seriously deluded!

Really? Does he have a bigger reputation than Pedro Mendes who we signed when in financial trouble? Or Carlos Cuellar who we are trying to sign right now? <cr>

Deluded? Dont be stupid. You dont ask you dont get.

Really? Does he have a bigger reputation than Pedro Mendes who we signed when in financial trouble? Or Carlos Cuellar who we are trying to sign right now? <cr>

Deluded? Dont be stupid. You dont ask you dont get.

Frankly yes tbh. If Kranjcar was available for a price we could afford, he'd be swamped with offers before he'd even jumped in the car to Glasgow

Frankly yes tbh. If Kranjcar was available for a price we could afford, he'd be swamped with offers before he'd even jumped in the car to Glasgow

Thats different from saying fans are deluded thinking we could get him. We would be in the running so hardly deluded. If he chose another club, fair play to him.

Too injury prone.

It's time to forget about Hutton (who is mentioned in every transfer window) it's boring now.

With Whittaker looking ever more likely to leave its worth a shout.He never wanted to leave in the first place so no harm in asking.

With Whittaker looking ever more likely to leave its worth a shout.He never wanted to leave in the first place so no harm in asking.

To me it doesnt matter if he wanted to leave or not; he's available for nothing. Half the battle doesnt even have to be fought.

Most seem to believe we can find room for Cuellars wages, why not Hutton? I firmly believe that given the right quality of player that Craig Whyte would dig just a little deeper into his pockets.

Not silly money before anyone starts.

The truth is its down to the player. I dont doubt some arrangement could be reached over salary its just whether he would want to take a drop or even leave the EPL.

I dont care what anyone says about how he fared down south, he was fucking dynamite for us and I would love him back.

To me it doesnt matter if he wanted to leave or not; he's available for nothing. Half the battle doesnt even have to be fought.

Most seem to believe we can find room for Cuellars wages, why not Hutton? I firmly believe that given the right quality of player that Craig Whyte would dig just a little deeper into his pockets.

Not silly money before anyone starts.

The truth is its down to the player. I dont doubt some arrangement could be reached over salary its just whether he would want to take a drop or even leave the EPL.

I dont care what anyone says about how he fared down south, he was fucking dynamite for us and I would love him back.

(tu)