How Much Would You Pay?

Broxi

212 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Pay The £2m Asked For Goodwillie?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would You Pay The £3m Asked For Cuellar?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm mistaken please correct me didn't Mr Whyte promise to pledge 10 million into the squad for this transfer window suppose you can't put a price on just words and promises can always be broken! but yes i'd pay 5 million for both, reasonable prices to be frank!

I would probably pay the 2m for Goodwillie, but I think that at 29, recoving from a knee injury 3m is a bit steep for Cuellar. Having said that if Ally decided that he wanted to spend 3m on Cuellar, then I wouldn't be too displeased

No to both!

£2m for Goodwillie might be a decent deal but only if its incentive based...£1m upfront, £x after we win the league, £x after he plays so many games or scores a certain amount of goals.

£2m is too much for Cuellar. The guy was amazing for us noone will say different but he hasnt played that often for Villa and hardly at CB at all. Has had a pretty serious knee operation a few weeks ago, will be 30 soon and isnt going to make us anything back with sell on value etc...

Im glad were doing this because for so long we seemed to pay £2.5m or £3m for everyone we signed!

Yes to both. They are both proven at SPL level, and Cuellar at European level. Goodwillie is only going to get better aswell, playing with the likes of Jelavic.

nope to both from me

2million for a potential jail bird who since having the accusations made against him has went off the boil, who is to say he will get his head screwed on

and 3million for cuellar, when we are looking for 2mill for bougherra who is in EXACTLY the same situation but has the advantage of being able to do pre-season training

no thanks

£10m to spend? Fucking pay the going rate and get them signed, price for both quoted is £5m, pay it. Each player will be worth more than that when we have them under contract and in the Champions League! No fucking around allowing other teams to dupe us. We are in no position to hang around, mess about or negotiate too hard. We need players, our squad needs improved. Its crucial.

Yes to Cuellar.

A proven central defender, was our best player in the 2007-08 season. He ticks all the boxes. IMO a steal at 3 million.

No to Goodwillie.

2 million is easily double what I'd pay for him, over-rated and far from the finished article. I also fail to see the fuss over Goodwillie, aye he's good but some people here make him out to be the best thing since sliced bread. There are better players than him at lower prices!

wouldnt you be worried that cuellar doesnt have a resale value now, and that he will likely miss pre-season and our CL qualifiers due to his knee injury and recouperation?

Yes to both

I do think 2million for Goodwillie is a bit on the high side but still think he is worth it.

3million for King Carlos is a bargain imo. Down south that is a great price for a player of his quality. I was actually embarrassed when I heard a quote coming from Rangers that we felt that we were being held to ransom by Villa when that is a great price.

Goodwillie 2010/11

Goals: 17

Assists: 10

will only get better, he's a bear, he gets his goals, finished the top assister and we could make a big profit on him. £2m is a good price and would be surprised if united let him go for a penny less

Not suprised to see posters split over this.

Lets take Goodwillie first, at 22 he is already a proven goalscorer in the SPL, but strikers tend to peak early. I am sure we can improve him but I am not 100% sure he would be suited to living/playing in Glasgow. Having said that I think its a chance worth taking, looking down the line if we can get him to sign a five year deal, we will easily be able to get our money back somewhere down the line if not more. Dont think his wages would be too high and the fact that we could actually make money by signing would mean a YES for me.

Cueller, mmm, toughie, first impressions, NO. Going on 30, injuries and not many games for Villa in his correct position. Lets look 2 years down the line, he'll be almost 32, another couple of injuries may have shortened his carrer and we would be looking for a new centre half, we will have paid 3 million plus high wages (over 5 million in total) and there may not be much left. On the other hand he could get a new lease of life and play every game for the next two seasons and we could maybe sell him on. However as much as I like him and reckon he would slot in like he was never away, I would rather we bought a decent centre half around the age of 24 and get him on a 5 yr deal (with the probability of selling him on and at least getting our money back). Cueller is dead money as much as I like him we need to be smart in the transfer market.

So Goodwiilie - YES

Cueller - NO (however I would take Cueller for 1.75 million or so)

I would pay the £2 mill for Goodwillie as he will get better and has a long contract at Dundee Utd but as much as i am desperate for Cuellar to come back at his age and the fact that he has only 1 year left on his contract then i think we should say £2 mill and no more.

would we even be able to afford Cuellar's wages?

I imaging he'd be on about 30k at villa maybe 25k.

Would we give him 25k a week?

£25k should nto be a problem to a club our size with the number of season ticket holders we have and the amount of millions the fans pump into the club every year.

As Craig Whyte says...."Aaaayyyyyyyyeeeeee"!

Honestly thing 3 million quid is an absolute snip for the big man.

As for Goodwillie I would defo pay that for him. Much as I like Lafferty he has only shown in short bursts of games that he can be first choice striker. We need competition up front badly next season.