Did Anyone See, Mccoist On Ssn There?

At least they are not dead. YET!!! We've got until 31st Aug to get people in. No need to panic. I believe that Ally and the team will get the right players in, for the right amount. With regards the Dann deal, Ally said he wanted people "who want to play for Rangers". Fair point. We are not in a position to offer megabucks to players and we know that - but what we do offer is a large crowd to play in front of every week with one of the most passionate supports in world football, the chance to add medals, the chance to play CL football, and the chance to play for the most successful professional club team in world football. If these targets are not prepared to sacrifice personal fortune for personal success and the chance to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world then so be it. Money talks at the end of the day but I would rather have players who wanted to be here and enjoy success than someone who is purely influenced by money. With regards to paying transfer fees over and above our value of the players in question, well that's just something we have to live with. Not saying I agree with this but hey ho we just gotta deal with it. But I have faith. :21:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least they are not dead. YET!!! We've got until 31st Aug to get people in. No need to panic. I believe that Ally and the team will get the right players in, for the right amount. With regards the Dann deal, Ally said he wanted people "who want to play for Rangers". Fair point. We are not in a position to offer megabucks to players and we know that - but what we do offer is a large crowd to play in front of every week with one of the most passionate supports in world football, the chance to add medals, the chance to play CL football, and the chance to play for the most successful professional club team in world football. If these targets are not prepared to sacrifice personal fortune for personal success and the chance to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world then so be it. Money talks at the end of the day but I would rather have players who wanted to be here and enjoy success than someone who is purely influenced by money. With regards to paying transfer fees over and above our value of the players in question, well that's just something we have to live with. Not saying I agree with this but hey ho we just gotta deal with it. But I have faith. :21:

Season starts on the 23rd of July and, we still have the champions league Qualifiers.

There might be plenty of time for other teams, but not for us.

Look what happend against Kaunus, we didn't think we had to sign players to beat them.

All I seen was Ally take out a shotgun, put it in his mouth, mumble what sounded like 'I'm sorry I've not signed anyone' and blow his brains out, as per the wishes the 'Panic Merchants and We Demand Spending Loads of Money Immediately With Absolutely No Regard For Future Finances' Loyal.

Then someone else stepped in and announced we will be sign and Robbie Fowler within 47 minutes.

You shouldn't mock the great football managers and chief executives that post on here. :sherlock:

TBH Im not wanting Goodwillie signed but would be a far better option than Boyd because i bet thats who is next on the list! Seems to be looking to bring back all the players we have sold in the last 2 years

To his knowledge , no offer has been made yet

That does not install confidence in his leadership making a statement like that .........

No.What it says is that someone else (probably Smith) is handling that issue and the last time they spoke no offer had been made.People seem to forget that McCoist's primarly role is to coach the Team.Transfer targets are passed on to others at the Club whose job it is to negotiate deals.

Season starts on the 23rd of July and, we still have the champions league Qualifiers.

There might be plenty of time for other teams, but not for us.

Look what happend against Kaunus, we didn't think we had to sign players to beat them.

I disagree mate. I would be happy to start the season with the team that finished last. My point is that unless something freakish happens and there are many injuries in the 1st 4 weeks of the new season then we have until 31st Aug to get to with the current crop of players and then get the reinforcements in. As already mentioned before the EPL squad restrictions will play a big part in a lot of teams transfer dealings, ours included. On the point of signings players to progress in Europe (with failure against Kaunas in mind) - not many or any of the players we're being linked with are better than our current lot - in my opinion of course!! So I say stay patient and carry on with what we've got at present and I'm confident quality will be unveiled to strengthen us before 31st Aug.

jocky

I dont wear that , hes the one whos been after him and would know if an offer has been made or not , so why come out with the ........i dont know stuff now .

I think we all know hes going where the money is and thats not with us .

jocky

I dont wear that , hes the one whos been after him and would know if an offer has been made or not , so why come out with the ........i dont know stuff now .

I think we all know hes going where the money is and thats not with us .

You're gonna look pretty foolish if Goodwillie signs for us. But if it helps you get through the close season just keep panicking. :craphead:

Eric

Just being a realist , its happening more each year . We just cant match any clubs down there when it comes to paying a weekly wage .........money means more than football now.

It's been that way for years so I don't let it bother me.

If we get players in that will help us retain the league title then I'll be happy. I don't actually care about Goodwille or Cuellar or indeed any particular player. I just want a team of winners on the park. How we get them, I'll leave to Smith and Whyte.

I think, though of course couldn't possibly know, that this new regime might be guilty of being slightly naive and romantic about thier contract offers. Ie offering slightly less in wages in the hope that the lure of (actually fairly unlikely) CL football makes up for it. When it comes down to it, most players are going to take the money and it seems this is being proved right.

I'm not particularly confident of the 3rd qualy round on the 26th July with our current squad:-

GK's - we're ok

McGregor

Alexander

DF's - are Boogie and Whittaker going to be here? We need some time to bed defenders in.

Papac

Whittaker????

Weir???

Boogie????

Broadfoot

MF's - short on quality

McCulloch

Edu

Davis

Wylde

Naismith

Ness

Hutton

FW's - frightening if Jelavic picked up an injury, just frightening.

Jelavic

Lafferty

Beattie

Fleck

We've got 15 genuine first team squad players. I'm not one to panic but the signs are pretty poor in terms of how we are going about transfer business so far.

Questions:-

Why haven't we signed up the likes of McGregor, Whittaker and Davis?

Haven't we realised that unless we are prepared to offer decent wages we need to be shopping in the Eastern Europe/Scandanavian market rather than the Championship?

How much we really want to secure that ÂŁ20m from the CL this season?

what has happened to the days when we never spoke as a club about transfers until the player was signed.all this cloak and daggers stuff only upsets the fans and does us no favours in the media if we fail to get the player.

we are all entitled to speculate but the club imo should say nothing till the deal is done.

hen aksed about has he got funds to buy his targets he said ''I hope so''

When asked about Cuellar he said ''Still alot of work to be done'' they are very worrying words.

Why? Oh I know, because nowadays everyone seems to want to know everything, and, just expect the transfer process to take about half an hour!

Why? Oh I know, because nowadays everyone seems to want to know everything, and, just expect the transfer process to take about half an hour!

Am sure with Villa price tagging Cuellar at 3million no other clubs will be interested in him then? Maybe Arseal won't want a solid CB that they need ?