Transfer Round Up As Of 27 June 2011

Just what is going on? <cr>

We have came out publically and spoke about several targets............

Vaughan - Spoke to, no contract offered, didnt go further, decided to goto WBA close to family home.

Conway - Spoke to, no contract offered, didnt fancy it, went to Cardiff, waste fo time inviting him to Murray Park, we knew in January he was not interested in Rangers.

Hemed - Spoke to, contract offered, McCoist and club website spoke as if expecting it to happen, he didnt even bother coming over to see us, he then said no, went to Mallorca, some say for less money.

Danns - Spoke to, by all accounts contract offered, McCoist expected it to go through, told us to wait few days, next day signs for Leiecester.

Goodwillie - Spoke to club, no contract yet, wont pay fee, all mhedia reports player will sign for Cardiff any day now.

Bartley - Spoke to club, loan offer, Wenger tells English press last month, no decision will be made on him until August, end of June and we are still hoping and waiting for a decision on him, joke situation, move on......Cant see this one happening at all.

Cuellar, Spoke to, offer made, wont pay fee, Villa willing to sell, we are not willing or able to buy at their price, stalemate, not good enough!

Wilson - The one to possibly fall back on. Newspaper rumours just now, just a kid.

Have i missed anyone? <cr>

Oh aye, contract renewals............

McGregor - Been dragging on for about a year now. "Verbal" agreement in pace, nothing signed.

Davis - Not spoke to yet, dragging on, another one to get to last year.

Wylde - Boy is choking to sign new deal, by all accounts, nothing on table yet.

Whittaker - Offer made, Turks also make offer and claim he has agreed to go there, his agent is asking Rangers to accept the transfer offer, Ally is still adament hes goign nowhere despite several claims from Turkey he has agreed to join Bursaspor.

41 year old Davie Weir - May sign a new deal any day now.

Just what is going on at Rangers? There is not being held to ransom then there is missing the boat and looking amatuerish!

I dont want to panic, i want to give Mr Whyte, Mr Smith and Ally the benefit of the doubt but facts dont lie, we are being informed of everything that is happening, its information, but it aint good.

What happened to Allys trips to South America? <cr> What are Bomber and Neil M doing?

Get Goodwillie and Carlos in now. Move on from Bartley. Let Whittaker go. And get the rest of the positions we need filled sorted!

Notice how i didnt even mention Foster, because he is fucking pish and i want him nowhere near our club!

So where do we go from here? Go through the motions again, letting targets slip and get to the start of the season with what we have? Panic buy? Where is our planning? Where is this list of 5 players for every position we were told Ally had? Does Mr Whyte know how to do transfer deals? Does Mr Smith? Does Mr Whyte have the money to take us forward? Just who is negotiating these deals and who is selling our club to our targets? Many questions, not enough answers.

No panicking but have no clue what is going on despite the club saying so much in public!

<cr>

Lee Wallace - Offer made, thrown out, Ally still wants him, not sure if new offer made, possibly not.

Whether or not Danns, Hemed etc were our first choice targets we so far have gone about our transfer business totally unprofessionally so far, whereby we have publically declared interest in all of these players, but have failed to offer a competitive contract if we offered one at all. Some players like Conway were never worth the wages they were offered by other teams, but the overall failure of our transfer policy so far is worrying

I honestly find it a bit strange that Ally would go to all the bother of travelling to Argentina with no players in mind, and just to see if anyone caught his eye. I honestly believe that he must have had an idea who he wanted before he travelled, but was told that he was too expensive, couldn't get a work permit, or was not as good as he was made out to be.

Agree with most of what you say there, I'm not at panic stations either but I am concerned about the way we are going about our business this summer. Or in fact not going about our business.

Both Hemed and Danns were spoken of very highly by McCoist and the implication was that they were both top targets, Danns especially McCoist was quoted as saying 'one we are very, very keen on'. And neither seem to have shown any real interest in joining us at all.

McCoist needs to just reel it in a bit and not lay all his cards on the table about every signing target. One small doubt nagging in my mind is that perhaps McCoist himself isn't a big enough draw for players, but I hope I'm very wrong on that front.

When you look at the big picture, there is still a ridiculous amount of time left in this transfer window.

BUT the problem we have is that our first preseason game is a week on Thursday and our first League game is under 4 weeks away..... that is the concerning thing.

Therefore we have to prioritize. In the immediate future, we need to sign DEFENDERS for the preseason gelling and the start of competitive action. Everything else should be secondary just now IMO.

I'm starting to wonder what the back-up targets are as the 1st targets are decent but a bit too obvious for my liking.

Let's be honest we are struggling here and Craig Whyte needs to get a little bit more realistic about the cash that is on offer otherwise we will end up losing out on many more targets.

Agree with most of what you say there, I'm not at panic stations either but I am concerned about the way we are going about our business this summer. Or in fact not going about our business.

Both Hemed and Danns were spoken of very highly by McCoist and the implication was that they were both top targets, Danns especially McCoist was quoted as saying 'one we are very, very keen on'. And neither seem to have shown any real interest in joining us at all.

McCoist needs to just reel it in a bit and not lay all his cards on the table about every signing target. One small doubt nagging in my mind is that perhaps McCoist himself isn't a big enough draw for players, but I hope I'm very wrong on that front.

I have spoke to my old man about this but didnt want to being it up on here.

Whyte, as a guy who has never had anything to do with football before, and McCoist,who is in his first managerial gig, are both showing their inexperience by constantly talking publically about our targets.

If they had kept their cards close to their chest, their wouldn't be a section of fans who's frustration is growing with every passing day.

I have thought about this as well, after Smith perhaps McCoist just doesn't have what Smith had in attracting players. Having said that, he's a well known ex-footballer, Rangers record goalscorer and obviously a friendly guy. Don't really know what to believe tbh

Whyte, as a guy who has never had anything to do with football before, and McCoist,who is in his first managerial gig, are both showing their inexperience by constantly talking publically about our targets.

If they had kept their cards close to their chest, their wouldn't be a section of fans who's frustration is growing with every passing day.

That's the thing isn't it. How many players in the last 5 years do you think we have missed out on (without offering a contract yet) behind the scenes without us knowing about it?

Probably quite a few!

It is the public nature of our transfer dealings which dictate our supporters' frustrations

Gone are the days of private jets and houses for families it would seem. Gone are the days of offering lucrative contracts and signing on fees.

We now entice players with our history and the possibility of Champions League Football. It would seem that is simply not enough for some players these days. Money and perhaps even a little sunshine for some players really does talk.

That's the thing isn't it. How many players in the last 5 years do you think we have missed out on (without offering a contract yet) behind the scenes without us knowing about it?

Probably quite a few!

It is the public nature of our transfer dealings which dictate our supporters' frustrations

Exactly.

Whyte is doing it because he's desperate to win the fans and the press over and McCoist is doing it because it's in his nature to have a good relationship with the press, but all they are doing is shooting themselves in the foot.

What happened to the phrase "I won't discuss individual names but we have a number of players on our radar?"

Gordon Smith would need to advise them to nip it in the bud because we are constantly being left with egg on our faces (no Broadfoot jokes please)

Gone are the days of private jets and houses for families it would seem. Gone are the days of offering lucrative contracts and signing on fees.

We now entice players with our history and the possibility of Champions League Football. It would seem that is simply not enough for some players these days. Money and perhaps even a little sunshine for some players really does talk.

Given the amount of players our rivals have signed over the last few years i would say what you say is not quite true. Bheast FC managed just fine to sign a few more than decent players and well within any budget they had. How do they manage it and we cant?

They didnt even have the Champions League to sell to players.

Just back my holidays, 2 weeks away in sunny mexico, expecting to return to a couple of signins, and our "stars" tied down on long term contracts, so far, from what i can gather, we're being made to look daft on every signin target we have had. What the fuck is going on. Im seriously starting to worry.

Exactly.

Whyte is doing it because he's desperate to win the fans and the press over and McCoist is doing it because it's in his nature to have a good relationship with the press, but all they are doing is shooting themselves in the foot.

What happened to the phrase "I won't discuss individual names but we have a number of players on our radar? Gordon Smith would need to advise them to nip it in the bud because we are constantly being left with egg on our faces (no Broadfoot jokes please)

(tu)

Think Walter might be on the phone to Ally if it continues :craphead:

Given the amount of players our rivals have signed over the last few years i would say what you say is not quite true. Bheast FC managed just fine to sign a few more than decent players and well within any budget they had. How do they manage it and we cant?

They didnt even have the Champions League to sell to players.

Valid point to be fair and you have me stumped. Perhaps the money men in suits at Rangers right now simply aren't selling the club or pulling out all the stops to bring players in.

Perhaps these tentative offers for players and slow dealings allow the players head to be turned by clubs like Leicester, Cardiff and WestBrom who make them feel wanted.. Fucks knows.

Just back my holidays, 2 weeks away in sunny mexico, expecting to return to a couple of signins, and our "stars" tied down on long term contracts, so far, from what i can gather, we're being made to look daft on every signin target we have had. What the fuck is going on. Im seriously starting to worry.

Off topic but Was in Cancun last year, fucking amazing!

CoCo Bongo's was immense!

Welcome back mucker. Right now, its an embarrassing shambles, but we have no to worry or panic. Players knocking us back for Mallorca, Cardiff and Leicester.

(tu)

Valid point to be fair and you have me stumped. Perhaps the money men in suits at Rangers right now simply aren't selling the club or pulling out all the stops to bring players in.

Perhaps these tentative offers for players and slow dealings allow the players head to be turned by clubs like Leicester, Cardiff and WestBrom who make them feel wanted.. Fucks knows.

That was one of my questions in the OP, just who is selling our club to these targets? Even last year, Eagles was put off by something too. Surely we ar ento a hard sell and it cant all be down to money, thats 4 average reputation players that we know of, rejecting us, probably more we dont know of.

We, as a club, used to know how to treat people right, i hope our club is not starting to treat players like they have been treating the fans in recent years.

Looks to me like McCoist Smith and Whyte dont have a fucking clue what the transfer market is about all this mouthing off and all they have done up to now is have a great big piss in the wind.

I'm not sure maybe after the initial talks the players agents have quoted silly figures and that's why contracts haven't been offered or maybe the whole package hasn't been worth the risk by the men in suits. At the end of the day if players want mega bucks etc they aren't going to get it at Ibrox which i'm happy about.

I agree there's too much about signing targets in the press maybe its a huge smoke screen although i very much doubt it unfortunately