Who is the long-term partner for Ferguson?

Danny

We have 2 candidates at the club as partners for him; Hemdani and Thomson.

Hemdani is quite well rated, but he's slightly limited. Thomson is very much an enigma - most of us are unsure what he will, or can, offer us.

Are either of them good enough to be Barry's 'other half' or are we really looking to bring in someone else?

Thomson has to play along side him.

Not only will he learn an awful lot from him, but Thomson offers more to the team than Hemdani.

Long term partner - mmm Mrs ferguson?

Seriously though I HOPE K Thomson will be there along with S Brown

Will he KT be good enough or free enough from injuries - time will tell. Hemdani I like as a sitting m'fielder and will be competition, but another quality attacking, ball winning m'fielder IS required. = S Brown.

Gow maybe at left midfield may be an answer?

I don't see why hemdani isnt assured of his place in our side, he has done great for us all season and popped up witha couple of important goals which fergie hasn't really done for us.

No doubt fergie is a better midfielder but I really have not seen anything of KT that indicates he could do a better job than Hemdani alongside fergie.

I do want us to sign a more attack minded midfielder in the summer though, looks like Brown is our priority in that regard.

Hemdani's average at best, Thomson offers us a hell of a lot more.

and in which games has he shown that??

Just about every one for Hibs, IMO.

I think you and I could do what Hemdani does, TBH.

At hibs he always looked the 2nd best midfielder in their side behind scott brown.

Hemdani has won more MOTM for us this year than any other player, he never gives the ball away no matter the pressure he is put under. I guess we are going to disagree on what each of them bring.

KT should be judged on what he does for RFC, and in his games so far, I don't see £2M worth of talent but he does need more time to settle as it is a big step up for him.

At hibs he always looked the 2nd best midfielder in their side behind scott brown.

Hemdani has won more MOTM for us this year than any other player, he never gives the ball away no matter the pressure he is put under. I guess we are going to disagree on what each of them bring.

KT should be judged on what he does for RFC, and in his games so far, I don't see £2M worth of talent but he does need more time to settle as it is a big step up for him.

BH doesn't give the ball away because he passes it 10 yards either side.

He's like a crab.

Thomson hasn't been given the chance to prove his worth.

We'll agree to disagree (tu)

I have to say Hemdani. He has been outstanding this season and the most consistent. He very rarely makes a mistake and a lot of our attacks seem to come from him intercepting the other team and passing it forwad.

However, Thomson's second game for us, I thought he was outstanding vs Hapoel. Not only did he do what Hemdani does, but often he was forward looking for the ball to create something, Hemdani does not do this enough. Unfortunately I do not think Thomson has impressed since then. Hopefully he will soon but at the moment I have to say Hemdani.

Hemdani for me at the moment game in and out hes performing. Not your typical SPL gritty midfielder but gets the job done.

I hope the 2 mill on Thompson isnt a waste, got to up his game if he wants a regular run out.

Question is, if it's Hemdani, who is gonna put the foot in and do the dirty work? Barry has the flair, Hemdani is tidy, but no one is willing to do the hard graft work ala Makelele or even a *shudder* Lennon type.

Think it will be a Ferguson-Thomson partnership with Hemdani leaving in the summer. Cant see why we would sign Thomson and leave him on the bench?

walter did say on the gers site that he would be using thompson more next season anyway so maybe its only fair that hemdani sees out the rest of the season, i think thompson will be back for the hearts game though.

and it seems the hibs fans miss him

We're missing Thomson

Not Thommo himself but the extra player to play fetch and carry at the back of midfield. We had an extra strong midfield with Broony, Boozy and Mikey with Thommo at the back. Since he's FO-ed to the Wild West and, with Mikey's illness/drop in form, JC has played Scotty and Boozy in KT's roll. This definitely has had an adverse effect on our play.

JC said he had other players who could play Thommo's role. Yes, he's correct. But we've taken better players away from more important roles to cover this position.

IMO this is one reason for the drop in the team's form.

Throw in Killen's injury & the systematic depletion of the playing staff in general (Glass, Deek, Caldwell, Shiels, etc).

Hemdani is quite well rated, but he's slightly limited. Thomson is very much an enigma - most of us are unsure what he will, or can, offer us.

Are either of them good enough to be Barry's 'other half' or are we really looking to bring in someone else?

That's a very creepy idea. I think we all know the answer is Mrs. BF. :D

I'd like him to team up with Charlton's Bryan Hughes.