Do we place too much importance...

Danny

On what we, the fans, think?

We all have our own ideas about who's best in this position, or who's an insult to that one.

We all reckon we know what the best formation to play is, and we scream blue murder when we see Gavin Rae in midfield and not Hemdani.

Yet, is there any logic behind this, particularly when it works out well. As in, when the management put out a team which defies what the fans want, yet it wins well, are we right as fans to have a go before kick off telling the bosses they're wrong? When they turn out to be right...

These guys have worked in the game all their lives, whereas we've only watched from the terraces. We don't see the players in training, and we certainly don't get into the dressing rooms.

So, should we start to trust the management more, or should we still have every right to berate them when we don't like what they're doing?

A fine point, but, it is all about opinions mate! The fun thing is that we as fans always think we know better which is why we care so much about it.

We want what is best for us, we may not be as qualified as the management in place but we damn sure no donkeys like gavin rae when we see them!

It would be a lot more boring in places like RM if we did trust the majority of the managements decisions! :lol:

Let's just say: 'If a club was run by the fans alone, it would be in ruins by the end of the day' :craphead:

Yep, Barcelona are in ruins, aren't they? <cr>

Most of our past managers have been Rangers fans and they have done not too badly. As long as people are qualified to do the job then being a fan could be a virtue as opposed to a handicap.

As such, of course the fans should be allowed the right of opinion and be entitled to a larger contribution in the way our club could be run. But with that right of opinion comes the responsibility to ensure the correct decisions are taken. That's difficult to do if one if a fan or not.

Good question and well put Danny. (tu)

Express our opinions? - Yes, without a doubt.

Berate the management without knowing the reasons behind the decisions? - Definitely not.

I think there's a fine line between the 2, a line which is crossed a wee bit too often by some of the more excitable among us perhaps. But it's all a matter of individual thought in the end I suppose.

I can well remember the outcry before one of our better European performances when Derek McInnes was named in the starting line-up. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth was witnessed, and I was doing my share of it.

McInnes played out of his skin that night and taught me a real lesson. Now I prefer to leave the managing to the managers!

:pipeguy: :pipeguy:

PLG proved to me by his "buys" and team selections that some managers are not "trustworthy".

We the fans have EVERY RIGHT to express our views.

As in all places in life there can be good and bad management. Results very often tell the story and FOOTBALL is a results driven business.

PLG proved to me by his "buys" and team selections that some managers are not "trustworthy".

We the fans have EVERY RIGHT to express our views.

As in all places in life there can be good and bad management. Results very often tell the story and FOOTBALL is a results driven business.

But this is my point. We might have the right to express these views, but are they helping the club?

Each fan of Rangers thinks he'd/she'd do a better job than the management, and tends to make it pretty clear - but should they basically be quiet when they've been wrong in the past?

How many times have we slated decisions which turned out to be spot on? Is it not an abuse of our right to express opinions when they turn out to be wrong? And how is it helping the club?

Good question and well put Danny. (tu)

Express our opinions? - Yes, without a doubt.

Berate the management without knowing the reasons behind the decisions? - Definitely not.

I think there's a fine line between the 2, a line which is crossed a wee bit too often by some of the more excitable among us perhaps. But it's all a matter of individual thought in the end I suppose.

I can well remember the outcry before one of our better European performances when Derek McInnes was named in the starting line-up. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth was witnessed, and I was doing my share of it.

McInnes played out of his skin that night and taught me a real lesson. Now I prefer to leave the managing to the managers!

:pipeguy: :pipeguy:

I agree. I mean I'm as guilty as anyone else of berating the management when I see Ehiogu and not Svensson. I chastise when Thomson gets picked at all.

And yet, I'm not the one who makes these decision. Smith has made an entire career making these calls. I'm just a supporter. And he's done a fair bit better in his footballing career than I have 'in mine'.

In the case of PLG - well, I remember he got slaughtered before the Livorno game. He was right, wasn't he?

It's an interesting situation.

We all have our own ideas about who's best in this position, or who's an insult to that one.

We all reckon we know what the best formation to play is, and we scream blue murder when we see Gavin Rae in midfield and not Hemdani.

Yet, is there any logic behind this, particularly when it works out well. As in, when the management put out a team which defies what the fans want, yet it wins well, are we right as fans to have a go before kick off telling the bosses they're wrong? When they turn out to be right...

These guys have worked in the game all their lives, whereas we've only watched from the terraces. We don't see the players in training, and we certainly don't get into the dressing rooms.

So, should we start to trust the management more, or should we still have every right to berate them when we don't like what they're doing?

Its an excellent point danny but the paying customers opinion has to be taken into consideration...the silly points and the good points all mixed into one and considered

Yes we are all experts but we should never be taken for granted or treated with irrelevance

Its an excellent point danny but the paying customers opinion has to be taken into consideration...the silly points and the good points all mixed into one and considered

Yes we are all experts but we should never be taken for granted or treated with irrelevance

Good post sir (tu)

Good post sir (tu)

You are MORE than welcome my friend (tu)

Personally I trust the current management team implicitly

However if it goes all goes pear shaped, then yes I'll berate their decisions. Its the perogative of the fans to do so!