Fifa 12 Q&a With David Rutter

justingee

So, basically he's telling us there's only a couple of small changes again that will not affect the game. There will probably not be any new stadiums and that it will be the same teams that will have their players' real faces again. This guy talks a load of shit, and it's getting pretty annoying that every year he says the same thing. :disappointment:

So, basically he's telling us there's only a couple of small changes again that will not affect the game. There will probably not be any new stadiums and that it will be the same teams that will have their players' real faces again. This guy talks a load of shit, and it's getting pretty annoying that every year he says the same thing. :disappointment:

He didn't say that at all.

seems fifa are unwilling to take the fans opinons on board and do something about them, i mean the one-two's and headers are over powered to fuck. no team scores as many header as some folk on fifa in a game, well dunno about stoke. one two's are so easy, some of the best defenders in the game don't have a hope in hell of stopping them. arghh fifa annoys me something awful

1-2s might be annoying but pressure abusing is the worst thing in the game

Most people only use pressure to defend against 1-2's because the AI cant handle them

The only other time I use it is to defend crosses, because again the AI is so shit that every cross seems to land on an unmarked strikers head

Most people only use pressure to defend against 1-2's because the AI cant handle them

The only other time I use it is to defend crosses, because again the AI is so shit that every cross seems to land on an unmarked strikers head

its stupid though because i dont do it and i manage to defend alright without it. every game i play in fifa now has people constantly holding circle for the whole game.

its stupid though because i dont do it and i manage to defend alright without it.

I dont know how

My only solution is to manually drop a defender deep to mark the player making the run, because the AI wont. While Im doing that I either use pressure, or let the player who has the ball now run freely with it

I dont know how

My only solution is to manually drop a defender deep to mark the player making the run, because the AI wont. While Im doing that I either use pressure, or let the player who has the ball now run freely with it

The marking is hopeless. I only use it when theres a chance of them squaring it tbh.

From FIFASoccerBlog: Career Mode

Visuals: Visually things are pretty similar but the whole front end has been nicely polished. The calendar for advancing matches now embeds in the main screen allowing you to track news and events while the game progresses. You can also halt the advancement at any time if you want to stop and read an article or deal with a transfer deal. There are new colour coded calendar items for league, cup, friendly and European matches too.

Scouting: Yes, scouting is finally back in Career Mode but only for youth players players. You can hire up to three scouts and send them to different regions around for a duration of your choice. The scouts themselves vary in quality with the best scouts demanding the most cash. To get accurate data on the quality of the youth prospects in a region you may need to scout multiple times, however if you wait too long a rival club could step in and sign the player youre after.

Youth Academy: And once youve scouted your young prospects and decided to sign them they get added to your Youth Academy. From here you can track their development and when the time is right either move the players in to your first team squad or realise you made a terrible mistake and send them packing.

Player Stories: Throughout the season players will now approach the manager voicing their concerns or happiness at certain decisions. The topics range from injury worries, lack of game time, unhappy about a new signings, being played out of position, morale, retirement and many, many more. How you deal with these issues is entirely down to the manager.

Transfer Deadline Day: Is now a fully fledged feature of its own in Career Mode and on transfer deadline day the game advances hour by hour to allow you to wheel and deal before the window slams shut. You also have the option to stall transfer deals to allow your self more time to decide between multiple targets.

Form and Morale: Are both back and will need to be delicately managed over the course of the season. These two features plugin to the Player Stories system where players will become and unhappy for any number of reasons.

Player Growth: Is allegedly fixed, but wed need to play for multiple seasons to confirm this. However one very positive example came up when playing a Career Mode as Southampton. Just 3 games in to the season Alex Oxlaide Chamberlain recieved a substantial amount of growth receiving around 10 stats improvements. Most were just +1 but there were a few, +2 and +3 upgrades too. Which when compared to FIFA 11′s +1 growth for an entire season is surely a good sign. Alex is a player who youd expect to have fairly rapid growth too so the scenario seemed to fit well.

This post covers the Career Mode features we saw six weeks ago but well bring you an updated post with impressions as soon as were back from the Guildford play test.

It would be quite weird if they didn't add Ibrox to the stadiums.. The Rangers and Ibrox were in the Trailers for FIFA 12 at E3 quite a few times!

I can't see Ibrox being in Fifa this year :disappointment:. Juventus is the only confirmed stadium so far but Vancouver Whitecaps' stadium is meant to be the other which leaves one space and they will probably give it to Man City.

I remember the developers saying a while back that they would be improving the rival atmospheres in matches so maybe the video was just showing what rivals they would have worked on.