Will the fans react if there are few and poor signings

nvager

What will happen if for instance SDM does NOT give much money to WS this Summer and we are forced into say having few new names and we end up Lee McCulloch and Naismith and no one else. S Brown being too expensive.

Opinions please.

Guest orangpendek

the fans will always react because as a body i have never come across a more negative group of people than we bears. you'll always find plenty willing to moan about everything, no matter how good or bad. in saying that, if we don't splash a bit of cash, the voices asking sdm to nip off sooner rather than later will surely grow louder.

I think Nvager its a critical benchmark for SDM.....Ive noticed a real shift form a no. of very Pro-Murray supporters - not to be anti-Murray but certainly less than enthusiastic than they were before about his stewardship.

The club captain has said rcently we need new faces....and I would suspect such a statement had the backing or was even initiated by WS

Everyone at the club knows we're 6 or 7 quality players short and bringing in Gow and Broadfoot is no where near good enough.

Murray know he has to spend big if he is to leave Rangers a winner.

9 in a row will go down in history as a Souness/Smith accomplishment and the over spending of the Advocaat era will go down to Murray.

If and when he leaves and he does love the club as much as he says then he has to back the manager with all spare cash and all Champions league money otherwise we'll be fighting for second again and get embarrassed in Europe if we make the group stages.

SDM isn't stupid. He knows that he has to back his manager now more than ever. If he fails to do so then its obvious that next season will be his last. Having said that, Walter has to tell SDM if he wants the club to progress he has to put his hand in his pocket and free up the right kind of money.

Despite his obvious intentions to leave asap, the pressure has never been greater on SDM to deliver decent investment for a renewed domestic challenge.

SDM would be ill-advised to let down the fans yet again. Unfortunately, it's debatable whether or not he cares if we feel let down or not.

Make no mistake, this summer will be one of the most important pre-seasons in the history of the club.

I don't think it's an 'if', I think it's a 'when'.

We will not, imo, invest significantly this summer. It will be Bosmans and sub-million signings, with maybe ONE 'better' player.

it will be up to walter to make good buys and i would not be confident of walter in the transfer market.

His record is chequered at best.

For every Laudrup there was a Gordon. In saying that he DID sign some real quality, who made up the core of the 9IAR.

I think it's being harsh on Smith to say he's not trusted in the transfer market, he's going to buy players to win the league back. Every manager buys players that don't work out, that's just the way it is. And to think back to last years summer where the entire budget was wasted, i'd much rather go with the players we know can perform, and I trust Smith to bring those players in.

I think it's being harsh on Smith to say he's not trusted in the transfer market, he's going to buy players to win the league back. Every manager buys players that don't work out, that's just the way it is. And to think back to last years summer where the entire budget was wasted, i'd much rather go with the players we know can perform, and I trust Smith to bring those players in.

sorry i dont. :pipeguy:

Signing players like Gow and Broadfoot will bring our standard down even further, surely lessons should have been learned from the dross signed in the past 4 years that if you buy average players from poor teams the closer to that level you become.

Gow is not average. Have you seen him play?

Broadfoot I am with you on. Gow, no.

Signing players like Gow and Broadfoot will bring our standard down even further, surely lessons should have been learned from the dross signed in the past 4 years that if you buy average players from poor teams the closer to that level you become.

Ive been a critic of Gow lately but the boy will be given a chance coz he is done and dusted so to speak :lol:

We will see..... but its disappointing that we have dropped our standads

I think Nvager its a critical benchmark for SDM.....Ive noticed a real shift form a no. of very Pro-Murray supporters - not to be anti-Murray but certainly less than enthusiastic than they were before about his stewardship.

The club captain has said rcently we need new faces....and I would suspect such a statement had the backing or was even initiated by WS

This is an enormous benchmark for SDM, it's either he's with us or he's off ? And I think it may be the latter ! The silence as I've said before is deafening ! When the Club Captain has been quoted in the rags just about begging for decent signings then you know something is grossly amiss ?

Yes, both at Ibrox and Westfield, where the common shout was " Gow you couldnae worry sheep!" One footed,lacks pace,strength and dig.

Yes, both at Ibrox and Westfield, where the common shout was " Gow you couldnae worry sheep!" One footed,lacks pace,strength and dig.

Thats why we have been saying he is not RFC standard brother.....

All the best to you my Barrhead freind (tu)

This is Murray's final chance in my eye's. Fail to back Smith with proper cash and I'll be calling for his head. I'm not prepared to fork out what I do every season to not see any return. I'm fed up of it.

I dont think for one second that our Murray is a dumb ass. He knows how to run a business and will do what he has to to run the club successfully. I know many fans will lose it, if our signings are shite or are only a few. Fans are sick and tired of us needing to revert back to the "olden days" when were actually a half decent side. But the sad reality is that we cannot compete with the huge market teams, the gap is widening like crazy between us and the top 5 leagues. So although I will be pissed and frustrated this summer cause as I am sure we all know, we will be dissapointed, because most likely we will end up with our second or third option (Which most of us wont approve of) Its not because I hate Rangers or Murray, its because of the sad fact that financially we cannot compete anymore.

GERS FOR LIFE!

I dont think for one second that our Murray is a dumb ass. He knows how to run a business and will do what he has to to run the club successfully. I know many fans will lose it, if our signings are shite or are only a few. Fans are sick and tired of us needing to revert back to the "olden days" when were actually a half decent side. But the sad reality is that we cannot compete with the huge market teams, the gap is widening like crazy between us and the top 5 leagues. So although I will be pissed and frustrated this summer cause as I am sure we all know, we will be dissapointed, because most likely we will end up with our second or third option (Which most of us wont approve of) Its not because I hate Rangers or Murray, its because of the sad fact that financially we cannot compete anymore.

GERS FOR LIFE!

A good point, but SDM HAS to give WS SOME HELP.