Brown capture in doubt

Gaffbear

Rangers boss Walter Smith is making a shock move for Swiss under 21 midfielder Gelson Fernandes.

Smiths spies headed for Sion's clash with Grasshoppers yesterday to see the giant goal scoring starlet who will be on the move in the summer in a £2m auction.

He is being chased by Dortmund in Germany and many English sides.

Smith is hoping to be front of the queue although Dortmund have put in a £1.7m bid al;ready.This move puts the Scott Brown transfer in doubt.

The six footer has been with Sion for 6 seasons rising through the ranks with club and country.

From todays Sun

F*ck knows what the Brown situation is. I'd rather we went for Brown than this Swiss guy. Brown is proven in the SPL and you know what your getting. Fernandes may not settle and would then be a waste of money.

Broon....done n dusted ;)

There's going to be a lot of folk embarassed if that doesn't turn out to be true.

thats what i was thinking

its strange how quite a lot of your average punters on the street KNOW its a done deal...yet no one from the media etc do.

hmm...

Quite a lot of Hibs fans think there is a deal done too for him to join Rangers. There are a few things which could make this rumour true.

Was reading a Hibs message board last night.

Brown withdrew his transfer request after the last day of the transfer deadline, as Thomson siigned for Rangers. Willie McKay then gave him a £56k Merc. Since then he has knuckled down. Last week he was house hunting with his girlfriend in Glasgow. The £2million fee paid for Thomson was also a deposit for Brown, hence the new car McKay gave him as when Brown and Thomson move on are due 10% of the fee from Hibs. Also its no coincidence that Brown is now playing in all blue boots.

Just rumours but what a lot of Hibs fans have been saying.

We had a £3million bid rejected for him in January because they didnt want to sell Brown as they had just lost Thomson and didnt wanna loose Brown because they felt they didnt have enough time to replace the 2of them but DJ has said that a deal has been done for him to arrive in the summer so who knows

F*ck knows what the Brown situation is. I'd rather we went for Brown than this Swiss guy. Brown is proven in the SPL and you know what your getting. Fernandes may not settle and would then be a waste of money.

I agree, some foreign player settle others dont and it is always a risk. Look at sheva at chelsea, fantastic striker but hasnt settled all that well and has a poor strike rate in england compared to what we know hes capable of. Starting to think we might not be getting brown after all. I dont think hes worth more than £2.5m and the epl sides all have the £4m+ to offer.