Ally Must Go......

The very thought of Weir & Broadfoot being our CH pairing for the season gives me the heebie jeebies!! I know Bougies has still to come back but if he has the wrong attitude or we get injuries/suspensions the game's up. We won the league despite a poor defensive showing last year. I don't think we'll get away with it again.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The very thought of Weir & Broadfoot being our CH pairing for the season gives me the heebie jeebies!! I know Bougies has still to come back but if he has the wrong attitude or we get injuries/suspensions the game's up. We won the league despite a poor defensive showing last year. I don't think we'll get away with it again.

If this was to happen, losing the league would just be a matter of time. Ally knows this as well as anyone. If we don't secure 2 new centre halfs in the next few days, we will drop points in the SPL and struggle to qualify for Europe. The management team have had plenty of time to draw up a vast list of players and approach them all by now. I just pray that negotiations have been going on furiously in the background.

the results dnt matter as you say. but from what i can gather the lack of creativity, no goals and the fact that we only have 9 or 10 players that are good enuff for our squad is worrying.

mr whyte needs to put his hand in his wallet and produce around 8mil on 4-5 players that will vastly improve our squad. 2 weeks to the lge starts and the cl qualifiers and imo our squad is alot poorer than last season.

we lost miller in jan and the 4 loanees have left without replacements beeing brought in.

we still have plenty of time to fix the squad but i would like 2 quality additions for the start of the spl then build on that.

if mr whyte produces the money i have every confidence ally will get the job done

If we only get in 'one or two fresh faces' as McCoist clearly stated in his post-match interview earlier then I can't see how we can go on to have a successful season. That wouldn't even cover the players we've lost who have gone back to their parent clubs.

I just don't think McCoist or any other rookie manager could get the same out of such a threadbare squad as Smith has for the past three seasons, we need strengthening and we need it fast.

If we only get in 'one or two fresh faces' as McCoist clearly stated in his post-match interview earlier then I can't see how we can go on to have a successful season. That wouldn't even cover the players we've lost who have gone back to their parent clubs.

I just don't think McCoist or any other rookie manager could get the same out of such a threadbare squad as Smith has for the past three seasons, we need strengthening and we need it fast.

One or two simply wont do!

We need 3 defenders, a proper midfielder (McCulloch and Edu wont do) to partner Davis, a left sided midfielder/winger and a striker!

at very least.

as i said earlier we lost the countries top scorer and top goal maker from last years campaign. our defence wasnt really good enough last year to start with.

time for that front loading.