Weir Should Hang Up His Boots

wee josh

I remember when Richard Gough got a bad time of it when he opted to leave Rangers, because he felt he could not give us his all.

Now we see Weir getting it tight, because he thinks he can give us one more season - talk about a fickle bunch!

spot on!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when Richard Gough got a bad time of it when he opted to leave Rangers, because he felt he could not give us his all.

i remember in the 7iar campaign gough was getting it stinking, well when i say the campaign it did die down half way into it, but the abuse he got at ibrox on the opening day when he gave away the penalty against motherwell was unreal

laudrup setting up big dunc for the winner calm the crowd or they would have wanted goughs blood that day, thats how bad it was, i couldnt believe it :lol:

Difficult to believe that SDOW has gone from being a top defender to being useless in two months. Anyway, we need to sign at least one more centre half before we have the option of Davie being a back up.

easily another 5 years on him!

:craphead:

Naa but in all seriousness i don't mind having him for one more year, but we do need to see some fresh faces have a go, preferably the younger ones, nd Davie can be their Coach :happy:

One thing we must respect is Davie's outstanding service to our club. The problem as far as I see it and which was in some way echoed by Lee McCulloch in an Evening Times interview last week is that at his age, if Davie stops playing regularly his match sharpness could go and that could prove costly.

Lee actually said if Davie stops he won't get going again. I don't think Davie has another 52 games left in him like last season.

I would hate to see him play on being used as a bit player and end up being pilloried on sites like these if he makes mistakes which cost us goals. I suppose the hardest thing for any footballer/manager is finally accepting that it is time to bow out. I would like to thank Davie for being one of our most classiest captains and for his years of dedicated service to our beloved club.

My own personal opinion is that Davie should bow out on a high like The Gaffer, and if he still wants to play, to do so for a lower profile club.

Plain and simple - Davie Weir has been an absolute star since he signed for us which seems about 25 years ago, i now feel he should join the coaching staff at ibrox or retire from rangers fully if that would be his wish. As a coach i think he would do very well and benefit us massively, the man is a class act on and off the park, but i do now feel he should hang up his boots go out on a high, rest up enjoy his retirement and look back on his career as one of success and joy! :)

I want him to imediately be offered a coaching role at the club whenever he stops playing - I cannot think of anyone I'd rather have showing our team how to look after themselves, or showing our young defenders the tricks of the trade.

How many coaches do people think we need? <cr>

Weir is only with us because we guarantee him first team football at the age of 41. As soon as that is taken away from him he'll be heading back down south to be closer to his family.