Dorin Goian Signs

Senna

People said Cuellar was slow.

Bougie was reckless with his cavalier attitude on the pitch.

To be honest, both those things were true, but only to a very small fraction of the extent that we'd been told.

Every player in the world is given a tag like this, most of the time it's true - but only a vague reflection on how the player actually performs. He's been described as clumsy, but people on this forum - who's word I trust more than some throwaway reporter - have said he's solid, and has a good reading of the game - a no nonsense centrehalf.

Every player in the world is given a tag like this, most of the time it's true - but only a vague reflection on how the player actually performs. He's been described as clumsy, but people on this forum - who's word I trust more than some throwaway reporter - have said he's solid, and has a good reading of the game - a no nonsense centrehalf.

Especially CBs. As long as you can read the game and can handle a challenge in the air, you should be able to walk it against 90& of the SPL teams.

Aye but he'll be good and not a tim wank.

Against the majority of the SPL and a good few times against us, Majstorovic has played well. He laps up the balls in the air with ease and is a physical presence both at the back and from set-pieces. Majstorovic only really comes a trouble when teams play the ball on the ground and are quick and nippy.

I expect Goian to pretty similar, but with his experience both in Serie A and on a International level, I reckon he'll be a terrific signing.

Palermo's Romanian defender, Dorin Goian, is excited about his imminent move to SPL champions Rangers.

The 30-year-old stopper is expected to tie up his £750,000 move ahead of Monday's UEFA Champions League deadline.

Goian could feature in Tuesday's massive Champions League qualifier against Malmo if he is registered by Gers by the 5pm deadline.

The experienced defender insists nothing has been finalised, although he does hope the deal eventually goes through without a hitch.

Excited

"There are some little problems at this exact moment but I am hopeful they can be resolved and I am going to sign," he told the Daily Record.

"I am excited about the prospect of being in Glasgow.

"Rangers are a very big team in Europe and they are a club who are always playing in the Champions League and challenging for the championship.

"If I am going to complete the signing I would be very honoured to do so.

"All of the things are exciting for me but I just don't want to speak too much about things because I haven't actually signed a contract yet.

"I hope that everything is going to be okay."

SSN

Sounds very eager to join and play for us. Hopefully he gets his move today :)

I think he'll be more than able in the SPL. I really hope we find a more mobile and athletic CB to partner him before Aug 31st.

Yeah definitely. A monster CB and a pacey Bougherra type player is what I like to see. (tu)

Who would you have as this mobile/athletic CB?

Yeah definitely. A monster CB and a pacey Bougherra type player is what I like to see. (tu)

Who would you have as this mobile/athletic CB?

I know it isn't going to happen, but I'd handpick Bartley. Other than that, there has to be a 6ft2+ pacey strong CB in France for under 1 million? Has to be.

Does that suggest he's already agreed terms?

Hopefully the SFA don't hold up the deal through the work permit (which they will) and we can push this through ASAP.

Romania's EU

Different Work Permit rules from Romania though, often they still need Work Permits.

Is that right? I didn't now that. How did we manage to negotiate that?