Dorin Goian Signs

Senna

We have until 5pm to sign this lad or he will not be available for tomorrow night.

no we have to 11pm

@RangersMedia RangersMedia News

To confirm: 'wild card' must be registered by 11PM GMT, not 5PM as some have suggested uefa.com/MultimediaFile…

I like this from Ally McCoist!

McCoist said: "We are hopeful that Dorin will officially become a Rangers player in a few hours. We have agreed a fee and personal terms are just about agreed.

"We are awaiting a work permit and I feel he ticks all of the boxes in terms of the application.

"In an ideal world we would have him available for tomorrow's match with Malmo but the most important thing is getting another player in - especiaslly a defender.

"He is a very experienced centre back, he is strong and agressive and obviously very tall. He is definitely the type of player we need because we are a little bit short of cover defensively. He is a welcome addition."

The Rangers boss will not stop here, however, as he is still looking to bring in another centre back as quickly as possible.

He has a long-standing interest in former Gers star Carlos Cuellar and has also made moves to sign Roland Juhasz from Belgian side Anderlecht.

McCoist added: "The signing of Goian does not mean we will stop there. We would still like to bring in another defender. We still have an interest in Carlos and Juhasz."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20110725/goian-deal-close_2254024_2401143

I would ditch Carlos Cuellar and sign, Roland Juhasz.

We don't wait around on players making up there minds. They shouldn't have to think about signing for Rangers, when all he's going to do is sit on the aston villa bench and win fuck all.

How long has Cuellar been thinking about this?? over a week? thats far to long.

Ally still doesnt seem confident in him having his work permit on time going by his article on the Rangers site though :disappointment:

Not good news, I hope we have someone else in the pipeline to sign today, IMO we must sign a CB for tomorrow's game

I remember where else i have seen this guy playing and it was a game against Milan this year , scored IIRC , still from what i remember about his playing days at Euro 2008 i thought he was a bit on the slow side but is commanding in the air etc and certainly won't be bullied by the likes of John Sutton ...

Not good news, I hope we have someone else in the pipeline to sign today, IMO we must sign a CB for tomorrow's game

I dont see us signing anybody in time for the deadline except maybe goian. I would like us to bring in another player aswell

Is he going to be able to get a work permit today? if not should we not focus on another target so we at least have another option for tmrw night. The thought of broadfoot playing gives me the boke.

I dont see us signing anybody in time for the deadline except maybe goian. I would like us to bring in another player aswell

Now I know we have until 11pm we have enough time, but like you I don't see that happening.

Is he going to be able to get a work permit today? if not should we not focus on another target so we at least have another option for tmrw night. The thought of broadfoot playing gives me the boke.

Stv on twitter says Rangers would get a work permit today.

Signing a new centre half and throwing him into a European tie 24 hours later is a lot more risky than going with the tried and trusted Weir and Bougherra. I remember us doing this with Julien Rodriguez and him having an absolute nightmare in Famagusta. No big deal if Goian isn't registered in time imo.

Same if we sign no-one I would move Sasa in next to Boogie and play wallace LB Broadfoot could cost us 10million

I would ditch Carlos Cuellar and sign, Roland Juhasz.

We don't wait around on players making up there minds. They shouldn't have to think about signing for Rangers, when all he's going to do is sit on the aston villa bench and win fuck all.

How long has Cuellar been thinking about this?? over a week? thats far to long.

I hope we get both, aswell as Goian.

Edit - However the only thing that worries me, is if Bougherra leaves and we have brought the 3 defenders named, we still don't have cover as Carlos is injured.