Should We Ban The Bbc?

AlCapone

Should we ban the BBC  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Should the BBC be banned

• Yes - Lets start getting tough
    • No - things are just fine
    • Not sure - I'm a Liberal

The piece is a disgrace. Horrendously edited and the sarcastic parting shot is very misleading. No wonder McCoist is refusing to answer their questions.

I would be in favour of a ban, BBC Scotland have been doing this for years. It is about time we told them where to go.

Just watched this for the first time.

Blatant piece of biased editing, both interviews were visually broken by an insert.

TLB had a long shot and Ally had a close up (smirking and nothing to do with the specific question)

Also we did not hear the Rangers Press officer telling the Press that the interview was over when we saw Ally walking off.

Although I didn't see it... the 'editing' of Super was a disgrace from what I read on here. That is simply not acceptable. The f*cking media needs a shake. Phone hacking etc. One would, should expect better from the BBC.

This surely is a violation of every press code of conduct in the book. Taxpayer funded and a world class reputation. They should know better. Ban them.

To lift the ban they would need to:

1. Publicly apologise. And not just BBC Scotland. BBC at large, The apology must be clear, use Alistair's name, show Ibrox and be at least 2 minutes in length on Television.
  2. Publish it on their web site. Home page.
  3. Identify the culprits, and discipline them. Even better, sack them.

I wholly support free speach, and the independence of the press. But I cannot, and will not tolerate 'lies' from the press. We (and not just Rangers supporters of course) deserve better than this. Whomever did this has no respect for the fundamental freedom we enjoy. And one of those freedoms is the freedom of the press.

EDIT

@ALLYGER. Thanks for the link. It's even worse than I imagined.

McCoist BBC Interview

That should be it now. The McCoist bit starts about 52 secs in.

that is truly shocking, it's not only propagandist, misinforming and misleading it is also so amateurishly done that the kid doing the editing should get the sack as well. The wee plank doing the piece looks like the doofus dentist in My Family.

I have always been by nature fairly sceptical of conspiracy theories and allegations of bias in institutions as large as the BBC.

That said, the video footage there is unquestionably unfair and obviously intended to show McCoist in a bad light. I'm sure Rangers will complain through the correct channels and the first port of call is obviously with the editor of this piece. Completing this form is a start.

If you don't get a prompt reply or the reply is unsatisfactory, your next port of call is here

I think somebody will be in trouble at BBC Scotland over this. It's impossible to defend really.

I think we need to take this one step at a time. Refusing them an interview with Ally was an appropriate first step - it would just be foolish giving them footage if there's no guarantee that they wont misuse it.

Perhaps the best course of action would be to send representatives, or even the chairman himself to have big talks with BBC over what has been happening; we need to give them a fair chance to respond before we start burning bridges.

I think we need to take this one step at a time. Refusing them an interview with Ally was an appropriate first step - it would just be foolish giving them footage if there's no guarantee that they wont misuse it.

Perhaps the best course of action would be to send representatives, or even the chairman himself to have big talks with BBC over what has been happening; we need to give them a fair chance to respond before we start burning bridges.

Excellent post. Very true. We have the upper hand here and hold all of the cards. It is in fact, a perfect opportunity to get our point across.

(tu)

Excellent post. Very true. We have the upper hand here and hold all of the cards. It is in fact, a perfect opportunity to get our point across.

(tu)

My thinking is that if we overreact without giving them a chance then they may choose to just ignore our concerns, leaving us in the uncomfortable position of having to either back down, or maintain a lengthy feud to save face which would benefit neither party. There's no merit in using force when mere diplomacy may suffice; lets apply pressure only as need be and see what happens.

My thinking is that if we overreact without giving them a chance then they may choose to just ignore our concerns, leaving us in the uncomfortable position of having to either back down, or maintain a lengthy feud to save face which would benefit neither party. There's no merit in using force when mere diplomacy may suffice; lets apply pressure only as need be and see what happens.

Perfect approach mate. Wholeheartedly agree. This is where Mr. Whyte should shine imho. As I said, it's an opportunity for us that (as you imply) requires tact and cool heads. We might not get a public apology as we want, but we might start to get a more even treatment.

Handled carefully, we will be better off. (tu)

We should ban them for the first OF game at Ibrox and tell BBC London in no uncertain terms why they are banned and grant them no highlights or broadcast rights, if that's possible.

London would have a haemorrhage and demand a full, grovelling apology and then, and only then, things might turn with that beast of repulsive republicanism.