Kyle Hutton

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good performances today. Neat and tidy, good first touch, decent distribution, solid enough in the tackle, awareness, mobility... he's better than Lee McCulloch!

Kyle Hutton should be given a chance because Lee McCulloch and Maurice Edu aren't doing it.

This about sums it up, and this is how he played in most of his appearances last season too. Other than one or two rash challenges he was solid and dependable, which is exactly what edu and Mcculloch ain't.

Not sure where all this he's never good enough and not ready is coming from, he's out performed edu every time and Mcculloch most of the time.

He may not be the long term solution but right now he's the best option and deserves the chance, sure he's not the finished article but with a bit of development he could be a good asset.

I've never understood the hype with Hutton. He looks very uncomfortable on the ball when there is any pressure on him and dint think he is any better than Edu.

Ness is certainly a talent though, far from the finished article but he has bags of potential. If he doesn't stay fit this season then he'll never make it which is quite gutting. Fingers crossed that he can stay injury free and show us what he has got in his locker.

I've never understood the downer on Hutton with the expectation on Ness. What I've seen has been two players with not a lot between them apart from Hutton makes an error and it's groans, ness makes one and it's never mind son it wasn't your fault etc. IMO they've performed at a similar level with only Ness' wonder strike against the tims standing out.

I do think Ness is slightly ahead in terms of development but not so far as to justify the wildly different opinions of the two that come up time and again on here.

His performance yesterday only went to strengthen my opinion of him in this thread on the previous page, there's absolutely no reason for him not to be given a run out in place of McCulloch or Edu but as I also said in the match thread, stopping short of changing his name to Lee McCulloch I don't see what he can do to get a game.

He is better than McCulloch and Edu, so yes, he should be given a shot. But I would like to see some good transfers coming in that area, because it's definitely our weakest area. We cannot control games because of it.

Everytime I have seen him play he has performed well IMO. Dont see any reason why he shouldnt be given a chance, alot of posters are unhappy with Edu and McCulloch getting played instead of him, the only way he is going to prove that he should be getting played instead of them is by getting a game. After yesterdays display against Chelsea I think that he deserves a chance.

Did none of you watch the game in the cup at ibrox wen lafferty scored a hat-trick and jela scored tht awsum overhead kick but hutton was the best man on the park?? I wouldnt b on a boys back wen he is jst 19 or 20 and has played against man utd & came in a few game. Also walter was playing him in a 4-5-1 system asking him 2 defend. Personally see potential in the boy him & ness hav playd 2gethr 4 years hope they both hav big futures at rangers. I think edu (american soccer player not been brought up with sme game or mentality as us) & mcculloch (startd his career as a striker we playd him left mid cm & cb) both dnt hav natural abilty in the middle and either of ness or hutton wuld b far better as tht is their natural position. Always we play ppl out of position, davis, ortiz, weiss, lafferty, useless edu & jst as bad mcculloch hav all been played out of position

Well said. I liked what I saw of Hutton too. Does he, like Ness, have injury issues?

Does anybody else think he deserves a go in the team?

IMO he's been good whenever he's played and cant be any worse than Edu or McCuloch.

When Jamie Ness is back he should be played alongside Davis unless we bring in a quality partner for him but until then Hutton should get a run in the team IMO.

Think Hutton has done enough in the games he has played to get a run in the team. Thought he had a great game in the cl against man united @ ibrox.

Why is it that when we play friendlies and a player has a shocker we hear 'GTF' yet when a player performs well we get 'it's only a friendly'?

Kyle Hutton has not played that many games, but he has featured in ones such as; Manchester United, Bursaspor, PSV, three games against the bheggars, at Pittodrie, Tannadice... and not put a foot wrong.

Yesterday was only a friendly but one of our younger guys performed once again against a team with players like Lampard, Obi Mikel, Ramires...

He has done just as much as Jamie Ness and he seems to be a favourite on here.