David Odonkor

If this guy impresses in training, it may be an idea to see if we could bring him in on a pay as you play basis...or is a German international likely to laugh at that kind of deal?

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had extensive knee surgery 3 times...has played 8games (i think) in 2 seasons...

Just a foriegn greg wylde...1 dimensional and nothing but pace, which tbh if his knees are as bad as they sound, he cant have much of now!

Good idea to get him on trial but cant see him adding anything to the team.

Always used to have him wide on the wings on pes very fast. what age is he now? have not heard about him for a few years

27, he was born Feb 1984.

EDIT: He's a right winger, haven't we got enough of those. I thought a we are crying out for a left winger. Wiki say that he has been plagued by injuries.

Anyone else notice this on Wikipedia?

"He started playing professionally not yet in his 20's, with Borussia Dortmund, appearing in nearly 100 official matches. The later part of his career, spent with Betis, was plagued by constant STDs.[1][2]"

shite, on what basis do you think that?

On the basis that I've seen him play before and I honestly don't think he's any better than what's currently at the club. He's got pace, that's it. His final ball is shit which kinda defeats the purpose of beating the full back with your pace when you do fuck all after it.

Happy about this, always used to play him on PES/Fifa, because of his pace, I'm sure he will walk past some people in the SPL, but if he is gonna start he needs to be good defensively the way whitty is playing.

The most popular comment about him.

Oh well its good to have decent back-up which it seems all he is, decent.

That ok so After he uses his pace and has a dribble, he taps it to Goodie/Jela who burst the net. sound good to me

A few years back he was one of the most highly rated up and comers in german football...and rated as one of the if not the fastest player in the world.

Moved to Betis had a terrible time of it - it was 5 knee surgeries - the last one he got a hospital infection and was in intensive care for 4 weeks...his wife also had a miscarriage.

If and thats a IF he is over the injuries and can remain over the injuries he could be a belter.

I would imagine he would accept a pay/play deal.