3mill Bougy Out 4mill Goodie & Wesley In.

TheNuts

Just spoke to my dutch friend about Wesley. Interesting to hear what he said

Dutch Friend.....Verhoek is a strong player who moves really well, has the best cross of the dutch league and great fighting spirit(they all have at ADO the Hague). plays right winger. Why, did he sign for Rangers?

Me - Ah good. Not yet, we have placed a bid in for him. I thought he was a left winger?

Dutch Friend - well not really, he's right footed, so normally classified as a right winger.....but he has a good shot, so turning inside from the left wing is certainly an option

Obviously from the clips he can play on the left, but so could weiss and all spl defenders did was double up and push him wide. Plus we never played him on the right.

I would love us to sign a proper left winger someone who can naturally take the ball past the defender (players like wilson are asking for it) and put a quality cross in, i liked what i say from wylde last season but sometimes feel he doenst have a plan b, i.e. coming inside. But he is young and will improve. Ortiz clearly needs to play on the right and i think we will be good outside but his left foot is weak.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, if we where playing football manager this would have all been done and dusted before malmo. However as someone said goodwillie rape charge delayed any move for him, cuellar is injured and we have made a solid offer (its in his hands seemingly). Fair point on verhoek but im sure Ally thought we had enough to get passed malmo with current squad, just had a bad night.

Im confident we will win in Sweden, sign up at least 2 of these players and possibly another CB if Bougy leaves. No-one should be making judgement till September 1st IMO as a lot of players will be assessing their options right now and the market traditionally heats up near end of the window.

We need to be shrewd with our money, plain and simple, rushing out first few weeks of window, splashing all our cash and paying top dollar without negotiation isn't an option. Whyte is clearly trying to ensure financial stability moving forward, has spent money already and im sure is aware we need more players, its his pocket the money comes out of and his reputation on the line.

If naisy had slotted home the two sitters the other night we wouldn't be spitting feathers. Give Mr Whyte and Ally your backing lads, I don't think there's any doubt they both love the club and want us to succeed. This situation is the result of Murray running our club into the ground and without the takeover things would be a lot worse. Ally has had 1 month to stamp his mark on the team, give him a chance.

Sure, if we where playing football manager this would have all been done and dusted before malmo. However as someone said goodwillie rape charge delayed any move for him, cuellar is injured and we have made a solid offer (its in his hands seemingly). Fair point on verhoek but im sure Ally thought we had enough to get passed malmo with current squad, just had a bad night. Im confident we will win in Sweden, sign up at least 2 of these players and possibly another CB if Bougy leaves. No-one should be making judgement till September 1st IMO as a lot of players will be assessing their options right now and the market traditionally heats up near end of the window. We need to be shrewd with our money, plain and simple, rushing out first few weeks of window, splashing all our cash and paying top dollar without negotiation isn't an option. Whyte is clearly trying to ensure financial stability moving forward, has spent money already and im sure is aware we need more players, its his pocket the money comes out of and his reputation on the line. If naisy had slotted home the two sitters the other night we wouldn't be spitting feathers. Give Mr Whyte and Ally your backing lads, I don't think there's any doubt they both love the club and want us to succeed. This situation is the result of Murray running our club into the ground and without the takeover things would be a lot worse. Ally has had 1 month to stamp his mark on the team, give him a chance.

Agreed (tu)

Only kidding mate, couldn't read all of that, try using the return button once in a while :craphead:

Sure, if we where playing football manager this would have all been done and dusted before malmo. However as someone said goodwillie rape charge delayed any move for him, cuellar is injured and we have made a solid offer (its in his hands seemingly). Fair point on verhoek but im sure Ally thought we had enough to get passed malmo with current squad, just had a bad night. Im confident we will win in Sweden, sign up at least 2 of these players and possibly another CB if Bougy leaves. No-one should be making judgement till September 1st IMO as a lot of players will be assessing their options right now and the market traditionally heats up near end of the window. We need to be shrewd with our money, plain and simple, rushing out first few weeks of window, splashing all our cash and paying top dollar without negotiation isn't an option. Whyte is clearly trying to ensure financial stability moving forward, has spent money already and im sure is aware we need more players, its his pocket the money comes out of and his reputation on the line. If naisy had slotted home the two sitters the other night we wouldn't be spitting feathers. Give Mr Whyte and Ally your backing lads, I don't think there's any doubt they both love the club and want us to succeed. This situation is the result of Murray running our club into the ground and without the takeover things would be a lot worse. Ally has had 1 month to stamp his mark on the team, give him a chance.

I agree bit try to use the return button

Quiet hard to read all that

why do people keep saying we need one center half?

especially if boogie goes we require 2 - at least

that is if you think weir will be peak fitness for whole year of enjoy the excitement of watching people like this :broadfoot: try to defend?

i say, bring in cuellar - if possible, and have a true talented youngster come in ready to learn from weir. we don't know if this new guy is going to be any good - we know all about cuellar

why do people keep saying we need one center half?

especially if boogie goes we require 2 - at least

that is if you think weir will be peak fitness for whole year of enjoy the excitement of watching people like this :broadfoot: try to defend?

i say, bring in cuellar - if possible, and have a true talented youngster come in ready to learn from weir. we don't know if this new guy is going to be any good - we know all about cuellar

We have bid 2.5 million for the lad from Anderlecht

We are potentially looking at having Weir, Goian, Broadfoot, Papac, Whittaker & McCulloch who can all "play" centre half on our books and we are still being linked with either the boy from Anderlecht & Bartley too.

We would be more than equipped for the season if we brought one more in and sold Bougherra.

We are potentially looking at having Weir, Goian, Broadfoot, Papac, Whittaker & McCulloch who can all "play" centre half on our books and we are still being linked with either the boy from Anderlecht & Bartley too.

We would be more than equipped for the season if we brought one more in and sold Bougherra.

Well Weir is getting past it,Broadfoot is fuckin awful,Papac is a left back now ,Whitty is an attacking full back and MCCulloch is a midfielder so we do need these guys.Plus they have quality

Tbh im surprised Lekhwiya are offering us £3m. Id take the money and run for the hills, its either that or lose him for nothing.

I think Whyte and McCoist were gambling on them offering us more cash so rejecting the £2.75m sounds like good business on their part.

Hopefully if we get this cash we will stop pissing about and get Goodwillie and Verhoek.

Well Weir is getting past it,Broadfoot is fuckin awful,Papac is a left back now ,Whitty is an attacking full back and MCCulloch is a midfielder so we do need these guys.Plus they have quality

Broadfoot is liked by the management team, Whittaker has shown he can slot in at centre half despite it not being his primary position and so has Papac and even McCulloch, another guy who is liked by the management team, slotted in there a couple of years ago too.

It's highly unlikely that all three of your first choice centre halfs will be out at the same time, so if we have Jharuz/Cuellar, Goian & Weir then we have more than adaquete cover to get us through the course of a season.

We aren't going to sign Goian, Cuellar & possible Jharuz at a big outlay for one of them to sit of the bench. Especially when we need players in other areas too.

You know, i cringe when people talk of other players filling in as CBs, it is the one part of the pitch that you SHOULD have real positioned players in - and ideally have a strong partnership forming over many games.

It is a critical part of the pitch - one mistake and a goal can be lost, having players who are not naturally centerbacks filling in is just not on in my opinion. I would have had this area of the pitch sorted before even considering other outfield players. Although, i do think thats the way our staff have seen things and have just been unlucky so far.

Weir - getting past it, gets done for pace constantly

Goian - untested, hopefully he'll be excellent for us

Broadfoot - pathetic even mentioning this guys name, his donkey defensive play has been laughable so far

Papac - not overy confident heading the ball - he admitted that in an interview - no chance imo

Whittaker - struggles to defend down the right as a fullback, he is a better attacker

McCulloch - this guy is a striker, and frankly, was only ever ok in defense along side better defenders.

so, we have Goian.

rest my case

Broadfoot is liked by the management team, Whittaker has shown he can slot in at centre half despite it not being his primary position and so has Papac and even McCulloch, another guy who is liked by the management team, slotted in there a couple of years ago too.

It's highly unlikely that all three of your first choice centre halfs will be out at the same time, so if we have Jharuz/Cuellar, Goian & Weir then we have more than adaquete cover to get us through the course of a season.

We aren't going to sign Goian, Cuellar & possible Jharuz at a big outlay for one of them to sit of the bench. Especially when we need players in other areas too.

I doubt we'll get Cuellar now as we've put a bid in Juhasz and lloks like Bartley is coming back.

You know, i cringe when people talk of other players filling in as CBs, it is the one part of the pitch that you SHOULD have real positioned players in - and ideally have a strong partnership forming over many games.

It is a critical part of the pitch - one mistake and a goal can be lost, having players who are not naturally centerbacks filling in is just not on in my opinion. I would have had this area of the pitch sorted before even considering other outfield players. Although, i do think thats the way our staff have seen things and have just been unlucky so far.

Weir - getting past it, gets done for pace constantly

Goian - untested, hopefully he'll be excellent for us

Broadfoot - pathetic even mentioning this guys name, his donkey defensive play has been laughable so far

Papac - not overy confident heading the ball - he admitted that in an interview - no chance imo

Whittaker - struggles to defend down the right as a fullback, he is a better attacker

McCulloch - this guy is a striker, and frankly, was only ever ok in defense along side better defenders.

so, we have Goian.

rest my case

WE HAVE MADE A BID FOR THE BOY FROM ANDERLECHT TODAY!

We got through last season with little or no problems with the exact same options and numbers that we have at centre back now.

People are getting so wrapped up in their desire for new players that they are forgetting how terrible the quality we face in the SPL is.

If Charlie Mulgrew can stroll through half a season at centre half for Celtic then somebody like Whittaker, Broadfoot or McCulloch can easily slot in for a game here or there against any SPL team.

We need a centre midfielder and a centre half more than we need two centre backs.

Here, wtf happened to Craig Whyte saying 'we wont sell our best players' and 'ally will have money to spend'

Being serious this is a fukn joke now. Yes get bougie to fuk his attitude is beyond a joke, but give Ally the money you sed you would. Really want Dutchy and Goodie in ASAP, especially dutchy he looks class!

We need a centre midfielder and a centre half more than we need two centre backs.

OK

i bet whitty would do a better job as a CM than CB, i also think McCulloch would 2 if he was told to attack instead of sit in. we have davis, edu and ness and are starting to get wingers in. we have lafferty and naismith who can play on the wing - we have a descent amount of attacking options.

i think your own logic is going against you

like i said central defense is more of a critical area than midfeild - mess up in defense and we have the goalkeeper left to save us, mess up in midfield and we have the defence and the goalkeeper.

pretty straight forward imo

Here, wtf happened to Craig Whyte saying 'we wont sell our best players' and 'ally will have money to spend'

Being serious this is a fukn joke now. Yes get bougie to fuk his attitude is beyond a joke, but give Ally the money you sed you would. Really want Dutchy and Goodie in ASAP, especially dutchy he looks class!

Take a chill pill ffs. We have a new bid in for Verhoek and the Anderlecht boy! Goodwillie can still be done!

OK

i bet whitty would do a better job as a CM than CB, i also think McCulloch would 2 if he was told to attack instead of sit in. we have davis, edu and ness and are starting to get wingers in. we have lafferty and naismith who can play on the wing - we have a descent amount of attacking options.

i think your own logic is going against you

like i said central defense is more of a critical area than midfeild - mess up in defense and we have the goalkeeper left to save us, mess up in midfield and we have the defence and the goalkeeper.

pretty straight forward imo

I don't see how my logic is going against me.

Ness can't keep himself fit & Hutton obviously isn't rated as highly be management as he is by posters on here. Edu & McCulloch both have more bad days than good days and appear to be stagnating.

We have already injected fresh legs into a tired defence in the form of Goian and we will likely add either Jhasuz or Cuellar to that mix too

The centre of midfield desperately needs an injection of freshness a lot more than getting a third new centre half to simply add squad depth.

I don't see how my logic is going against me.

Ness can't keep himself fit & Hutton obviously isn't rated as highly be management as he is by posters on here. Edu & McCulloch both have more bad days than good days and appear to be stagnating.

We have already injected fresh legs into a tired defence in the form of Goian and we will likely add either Jhasuz or Cuellar to that mix too

The centre of midfield desperately needs an injection of freshness a lot more than getting a third new centre half to simply add squad depth.

Agreed, I feel that three CB's who can come into the team (Juhasz/Cuellar, Goian and Weir) is sufficient and we should focus on bringing in a quality defensive midfielder to partner Davis.

That said, I wouldn't mind if we could get an extra CB while improving other areas of the team as well. (tu)

I can't see us signing a defensive mid unless we offload jig or edu, as I said I think Whytes prudent financial nature wouldnt enjoy having 4/5 players for one position. Clearly we need added quality in there but can we justify it? I think not.