Biggest Regrets On Players We Missed Out On.

graeme_4

With some people getting wound up about jokers like Hemed, Chris Eagles and Conway not joining us, it got me thinking about some of the players we've been linked with that never made it.

Worst 'realistic' ones that annoy me are, Tim Cahill and Robin Van Persie. Supposedly big Eck was offered them both for around the 1 million mark and decided against it :disappointment:

Obviously Murray having fat Ronaldo on his private jet during the Advocat (spelling?) days sticks out as well, although this may be more of a rumour than actual fact!

More recently, missing out on Commons annoyed me. I think (although he plays for the darkside) that he really is a top player (in SPL terms) and we really should have pushed the boat out for him. :ph34r:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently missing out on Commons is the biggest one!

Natuaral left footed, left winger would have been ideal in our team...

Also a bit gutted we never signed James McArthur. We were rumoured to be looking at him and looking at our midfield just now he would have been a great player to have in there...Would have liked to have seen Chris Eagles up here as well but he went chasing £££ like so many have!

Did we not have him on trial at one point and the boy couldn't trap a bag of cement?

Can't remember much of him, but I know he had a phenomenal scoring record.

We announced we had signed him and then the work permit/international clearance never went through and the whole move fell to peices!

Guy was a brilliant player!

Did we not have him on trial at one point and the boy couldn't trap a bag of cement?

No.... One of the long line of genius 'coaches' we had said this.

He went on to be one of the most prolific strikers in Europe for Years.

Tried to buy him in 1996, but couldn't get a work permit. Porto bought him instead and he scored 130 goals in 125 games according to Wikipedia. 3040broadfoot.png

Wasn't a case of McLeish turning down Cahill. We'd been open about our interest in him for months.

John Hartson is an obvious one. Failed a medical whilst Ronald de Boer passed one. He went on to barely miss a match for Celtic in 5 years, whereas de Boer was regularly injured, including missing tne entire 03/04 season

Jardel - conspiracy

Commons - was a huge blunder not getting him

Miller - will prove to be a stupid decision not pay the extra few hundred grand

Some of the world names on this list are making me smile. :) I think i will add Ronaldo, the real one, and Van Nistelrooy during Advocaats tennure. :mutley: