If A Substantial Bid Comes In For Jelavic..

Clemdog

I don't feel bad for Jelavic, too many fancy flicks, scuffed shots, lazy runs, piss poor headers... he could and should have bagged three goals against Malmo FF.

I know some won't like it as they think Jelavic is up there with Messi.

I don't feel bad for Jelavic, too many fancy flicks, scuffed shots, lazy runs, piss poor headers... he could and should have bagged three goals against Malmo FF.

Good point Muff. Very good player, but he sinks two of those misses and we're through to the next round. Selling him would be a daft move, though.

True.

He is a very good player but some are going over the top with all this world class pish.

we knew the score when we bought jelavic he scores great goals but he is not a prolific scorer

he needs a intelligent partner to share the load and bounce off we had that in miller but we fucked that up and have not remedied it yet

He couldn't go to another CL club this season now as he'd be cup tied. Would probably take a bid of around £8m to tempt us to sell him (even if we were looking to do that, which we aren't), and I can't see anyone in the Europa league wanting to pay that. Would he want to go to another Europa team? Doubt it. He's at a great club earning a good wage. He'll stay this season and see what's what after that.

Maybe that was too bold of an accusation. In his mind I believe he factored it into things, hyperbole at a time like this is to be expected. But I still believe this will have an impact on transfers, which is obvious.

I think it remains to be seen how much faith we can put in the figures that Whyte was using at the time of the takeover. I mean our opening bid for a player who eventually went for 2.8 million was 700k which makes it seem that money was tight ... and that was before we kissed goodbye to the 10 million :anguish:

I think it remains to be seen how much faith we can put in the figures that Whyte was using at the time of the takeover. I mean our opening bid for a player who eventually went for 2.8 million was 700k which makes it seem that money was tight ... and that was before we kissed goodbye to the 10 million :anguish:

There are alot of mix signals coming from Ibrox right now.

There are alot of mix signals coming from Ibrox right now.

Perhaps we were all a bit swept along with the euphoria of the title win and the takeover was caught up in that. Time to put our critical heads on I think.

If we had offered 2.8 million for Goodwillie right at the beginning Dundee Utd would have wet their knickers at the thought of all that money for a guy they got for nothing and jumped at it. Instead we tried to get him on the cheap and it's cost us very dear

I think we have to realise that our domestic football just isn't an attractive prospect to talented foreign players and if a big club in a big league came in he might just be tempted.

I suppose the nightmare scenario is that we actually try to edge him out to balance the books now that the champions league money has gone :anguish: