Gullermo Andres Lopez - Trial

Ted E Bayer

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Genuinely struggle to see what people have against Rangers loaning players to fill out the squad.

i think its more of the loaning of players and then refusing to play them while playing players out of position in the loanee's position

we had healy for 6 months and played a 5-4-1 even when a goal down at parkhead last season, diouf got the full 90mins when we were crying out for more up front

David Beckham - AC Milan - Carlos Tevez - Manchester United - Denilson - Sau Paulo - Aquilani - Juventus

Just some names and clubs I thought ild throw in that apparently think loan deals are ok?

But of course Rangers are far too good for this nonsense.

David Beckham - AC Milan - Carlos Tevez - Manchester United - Denilson - Sau Paulo - Aquilani - Juventus

Just some names and clubs I thought ild throw in that apparently think loan deals are ok?

But of course Rangers are far too good for this nonsense.

Erm........ a little bit different don't you think?

Not really, just as we have our level on who we can buy on a full transfer - we have our level for loan players...its all relative.

All of them players are the finished article and would have cost way too much to buy. (maybe not Denilson)

For the record though I fully back bringing players in on loan, even more so given the financial restraints we have upon us due to being in an awful league which generates no money.

I do understand however that people get annoyed by bringing young players on loan and either:

a) not playing them or;

b) damaging the development of our youth players by bringing in another clubs prospects.

I don't know anything about this Lopez but the way I see it if he plays in a similar position to say John Fleck then I'd much rather Fleck got a REAL chance before him.

Having the player on loan here to give us more options though I am fully happy about.

All of them players are the finished article and would have cost way too much to buy. (maybe not Denilson)

For the record though I fully back bringing players in on loan, even more so given the financial restraints we have upon us due to being in an awful league which generates no money.

I do understand however that people get annoyed by bringing young players on loan and either:

a) not playing them or;

b) damaging the development of our youth players by bringing in another clubs prospects.

I don't know anything about this Lopez but the way I see it if he plays in a similar position to say John Fleck then I'd much rather Fleck got a REAL chance before him.

Having the player on loan here to give us more options though I am fully happy about.

If your old enough you are good enough - there is a reason players like Weiss, Bartley and Lopez are at teams like Man city - Arsenal Villareal ;)

sounds more promising reading this :o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1339131/Aston-Villa-eye-Villarreal-teen-Guille-Guillermo-Andres-Lopez.html

Aston Villa are watching 18-year-old Spanish forward Guillermo Andres Lopez, who has been banging in goals for Villarreal’s youth team.

The teenager is yet to play a senior match, but his qualities have not been lost scouts from Villa, PSV Eindhoven and Barcelona.

In his last 135 minutes of competitive football, he has scored an impressive six goals.

Guille - as he likes to be known - was born in Quart de Poblet, close to Villarreal’s home, and has represented the Valencia region in youth games between local federations, which is a common step towards international representation in Spain.

He would fit in well among Villa’s youthful squad, with Gerard Houllier giving academy graduates such as Marc Albrighton, Barry Bannan and Ciaran Clark plenty of opportunities in the first team.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1339131/Aston-Villa-eye-Villarreal-teen-Guille-Guillermo-Andres-Lopez.html#ixzz1UZiMCG1J

So it's ok for our fringe players to go out on loan to bulk up and get first team experience to break through to the first team bit when it comes to us helping out another team and ourselves it's not right.

I personally hope we take this boy and he bags a load of goals helps us in Europa league and the spl.

Then we will see where all the doubters sit with loaning players in.

sounds more promising reading this :o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1339131/Aston-Villa-eye-Villarreal-teen-Guille-Guillermo-Andres-Lopez.html

Aston Villa are watching 18-year-old Spanish forward Guillermo Andres Lopez, who has been banging in goals for Villarreal’s youth team.

The teenager is yet to play a senior match, but his qualities have not been lost scouts from Villa, PSV Eindhoven and Barcelona.

In his last 135 minutes of competitive football, he has scored an impressive six goals.

Guille - as he likes to be known - was born in Quart de Poblet, close to Villarreal’s home, and has represented the Valencia region in youth games between local federations, which is a common step towards international representation in Spain.

He would fit in well among Villa’s youthful squad, with Gerard Houllier giving academy graduates such as Marc Albrighton, Barry Bannan and Ciaran Clark plenty of opportunities in the first team.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1339131/Aston-Villa-eye-Villarreal-teen-Guille-Guillermo-Andres-Lopez.html#ixzz1UZiMCG1J

wen was this posted i wonder?

i think its more of the loaning of players and then refusing to play them while playing players out of position in the loanee's position

we had healy for 6 months and played a 5-4-1 even when a goal down at parkhead last season, diouf got the full 90mins when we were crying out for more up front

Continually playing two clowns like McCulluch and Edu in place of a Hutton, Ness, Bendiksen or a Fleck is a lot worse.

At least our loan players tend to do be better than we already have.

Why is it that people are getting on such a downer that we are taking trialists?? Surely its better to take a week to assess a players credibility than to blow x amount of ££'s on him and he turns out to be crap?

Also as for this young lad, i read a good article in the Herald a few Sundays back by Graham Hunter(a journalist i really like) and he was saying its no wonder Rangers are looking at the squads of Primera League teams(about the time we were trying to get the young defender, his name escapes me) as there is a wealth of youngsters from 17-24 who are technically very good and just need experience, especially those tied to the bigger teams who already have well established top drawer players.

We have to remember Bears, we are no longer the big draw that we used to be, and we certainly aint above taking people on trial or loan to help boost our squad. We are in a period of transition and have to accept we no longer have the ability(unless we get lucky) to attract the bigger name players we used to, so we must explore every avenue and league we can to unearth potential gems and winners to bring to our great club.