Hate To Say It, But Ally's Under Pressure Now.

papaguy51

A quote from The Booler

Do folk not understand the implications of the EPL teams having to name only 25 players next week? What if we bring in someone who we think might do a job for us, and then a better option becomes available after the EPL teams name their 25 man squads?

The problem we've been facing this season with signings is nothing to do with Ally or Craig Whyte. It's due to the SPL season starting so early, and having to play qualifiers in Europe.

I'm sure everyone at the club is trying their best to get through these 2/3 weeks before the transfer window closes. Going out of the CL was due to the team not performing, especially at home. Hopefully we won't go out of the Europa league for the same reasons. (tu)

100% this, I know it's hard to think straight when all you are is pissed off. Given where we have came from in recent years, we need to chill a bit and give Ally some time. If anyone deserves this is it not our SUPER ALLY McCOIST??!!

Remember We are The People, The Glasgow Rangers is the club, Ally is OUR Manager and we will support you ever more. WATP

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love peoples optimism about taking 3 or 4 off Maribor.

Are they so much worse than Malmo..we got 1 against them...How about Inverness.2 pens there.In my opinion we need to drop Edu,McCulloch and Broadfoot from Thursdays side and for good in all honesty.

Why we shoe horned 2 defensive midfielders into a 3 man midfield is baffling.

With Bedoya and McKay in now i hope it's the last we see of those 2 as they are a hinderance not a help

I love peoples optimism about taking 3 or 4 off Maribor.

Are they so much worse than Malmo..we got 1 against them...How about Inverness.2 pens there.In my opinion we need to drop Edu,McCulloch and Broadfoot from Thursdays side and for good in all honesty.

Why we shoe horned 2 defensive midfielders into a 3 man midfield is baffling.

With Bedoya and McKay in now i hope it's the last we see of those 2 as they are a hinderance not a help

Agree. We have not been unlucky this year - we've just not created many chances. Nothing is happening up front down the centre between the half way line and the 18 yard box. Zero. No support up front with Naismith and Jelavic looking like the most pissed off footballers in European football.

It's not all doom and gloom though. Bedoya and Bocanegra will add a lot but we'll still be missing an ounce of flair. Actually, I take it back...it is all doom and gloom :disappointment:

A quote from The Booler

Do folk not understand the implications of the EPL teams having to name only 25 players next week? What if we bring in someone who we think might do a job for us, and then a better option becomes available after the EPL teams name their 25 man squads?

The problem we've been facing this season with signings is nothing to do with Ally or Craig Whyte. It's due to the SPL season starting so early, and having to play qualifiers in Europe.

I'm sure everyone at the club is trying their best to get through these 2/3 weeks before the transfer window closes. Going out of the CL was due to the team not performing, especially at home. Hopefully we won't go out of the Europa league for the same reasons. (tu)

100% this, I know it's hard to think straight when all you are is pissed off. Given where we have came from in recent years, we need to chill a bit and give Ally some time. If anyone deserves this is it not our SUPER ALLY McCOIST??!!

Remember We are The People, The Glasgow Rangers is the club, Ally is OUR Manager and we will support you ever more. WATP

It certainly wasn't ideal to start so early but we had plenty of notice and yet still ended up flushing 12 million quid down the gurgler because we weren't READY :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but McCoist made the change at half-time, not for any tactical reason, but because he feared Naismith might get a second yellow card and leave us a man short.

The Maribor coach's comments about McCoist changing tactics is factually incorrect, Lafferty was meant to fill in for Naisy - that clearly didn't work as hoped.

All of that said though, I still agree with those who think Super Bollox is under pressure and I'm not sure he's up to handling it.

Still, not to worry........we've always got Clipboard Kenny and Durranty to fall back on. :ph34r:

Aye. Because The Rangers never suffered any bad results in Europe with Walter at the helm.

I can't remember us conceding a goal as a result of players having their backs turned and walking away at an opposition throw in at the last minute...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but McCoist made the change at half-time, not for any tactical reason, but because he feared Naismith might get a second yellow card and leave us a man short.

The Maribor coach's comments about McCoist changing tactics is factually incorrect, Lafferty was meant to fill in for Naisy - that clearly didn't work as hoped.

All of that said though, I still agree with those who think Super Bollox is under pressure and I'm not sure he's up to handling it.

Still, not to worry........we've always got Clipboard Kenny and Durranty to fall back on. :ph34r:

That's why he made the change.

And as it turns out, Naismith is suspended anyway.

They don't need to "like" him they need to fear and respect him. I don't believe Walter or Sir Alex or Jose gives a fuck whether or not their players like them.

I take your point personally if like like the bosses I work for I work better for them.What I was saying in my point is they are not showing that they like him with their performences.On the flip side if a manager is hated players will likely underperform.I am sure Ally is liked but perhaps you are right and they do not hold the same level of fear and respect that they did with Walter Smith.

UEFA are about to start an investigation into Carlos Bocanegras participation in thursday's Europa game against Maribor,it would seem the SFA are also involved ....................

the paperwork wasn't ok

18.14 : (Regulationsof the Uefa) "Registration must be completed by 24.00 CET on the day before the relevant first-leg match and the club’s association must confirm in writing that the new player is eligible to play at domestic level at this time"

no, but maribor will probably appeal to uefa

Carlos Bocanegra was not eligible to play at domestic level at wednesday 24pm, that means he wasn't allowed top play in that match

Back to kerrydale street brendan.....

The Scottish FA have confirmed to STV that Carlos Bocanegra was eligible to play domestically and therefore in Europa League on Thursday.

I can't remember us conceding a goal as a result of players having their backs turned and walking away at an opposition throw in at the last minute...

I'm not trying to defend the Maribor shocker, but to suggest stupid defending did not occur under Smith is fanciful at best and simply not true at worst.

Some of the goals we did concede were worse and with far better players.

I know the buck stops with the manager but there are club legends(and not kiddie on legends) that must know they didn't play anywhere near to there actual level in europe and that wasn't to do with managers and tactics we are talking years of under performing players in europe and i have no answer to why.

The annoying thing is on the few campaigns we have played consistently well we have progressed a long way.

"The Scottish FA have confirmed to STV that Carlos Bocanegra was eligible to play domestically and therefore in Europa League on Thursday."

he was able to play on thursday, but not today??

Agreed with both you gents, but I suppose as a goalie myself, seeing people turning their backs to play is like a red rag to a bull :lol:

We used to (and still do) heavily criticise Celtic's European performances, but in reality we aren't exactly much better.