Could Wylde Partner Jelavic?

It's been mooted that we might have a problem at centre forward if either Jelavic or Lafferty gets injured or suspended (if another striker isn't signed).

I think that young Wylde might be able to step in there no problem at a pinch, to partner either of our 2 best strikers.

As a precedent, we've seen Johansson go from winger with not much else but pace to decent striker, and it's entirely possible that Gregg could do the same if called on.

I can see this working if we needed to do it.

Ooft. Certainly a topic worthy of discussion! :lol:

I honestly don't see how it would work other than Jelavic being used as a target-man for Wylde to run onto. Seems to waste the best striker at Rangers though...

Weiss got played upfront on his own for 10 minutes of one game.

But Wylde? Not for me.

Wee Bud had a million more tricks than the likes of Wylde (or Weiss), so I'm not using it as a direct comparison, but his pace meant he was a great strike partner when played at inside left.

I know I'm digging into the annals of history with that one, but we have had precedents of speedsters being a good option as a second spearhead.