Ortiz

klbs-RFC

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair point. I just think, and it seems you probably do, too, he needs a run in his own position. It's similar to asking Whittaker to play left wing - he can do a job, but it just feels, and looks, wrong.

I was honestly delighted, when the teams were announced, to see him at RM tonight, probably because it meant Wylde had kept his place, but at least the players are being played where they should be and could give a decent example of themselves. Unfortunately for him, it didn't work out quite that way tonight.

I was too. Ortiz at RM makes sense as it means Davis can play CM and Wylde LM as you have already said.

But I'd imagine Naismith will be RM in the next match with Ortiz either RB or on the bench.

I was too. Ortiz at RM makes sense as it means Davis can play CM and Wylde LM as you have already said.

But I'd imagine Naismith will be RM in the next match with Ortiz either RB or on the bench.

I actually think that RB might work for him, he'll have that extra bit of time on the ball that he'll be used to from playing in La Liga, and will have a decent footballer in front of him, in Naissy. Don't see him displacing an on-form Whittaker, but at the moment...why no?

I actually think that RB might work for him, he'll have that extra bit of time on the ball that he'll be used to from playing in La Liga, and will have a decent footballer in front of him, in Naissy. Don't see him displacing an on-form Whittaker, but at the moment...why no?

Is Whittaker back for the next game? I can't remember if he is injured, suspended or available lol

I think he'll be back from the broken toe. But, don't be surprised if he's not, either - no rush to get back to fitness.

It is scary though that we are so many games into the season (Europe and SPL) and even with a fully fit team Ally still wouldn't know who to play in defence let alone his first 11.

It as if we forgot we started the season early this year.

It is scary though that we are so many games into the season (Europe and SPL) and even with a fully fit team Ally still wouldn't know who to play in defence let alone his first 11.

It as if we forgot we started the season early this year.

Aye, although, the new signings and shocking drops in form can't have made it easy, never mind the injuries. I'm sure he'd have been looking for Shagger (who has), Whittaker, Papac (my personal favourite - a bit concerned about the illness to be honest), Davis, Jig, Edu, Naissy and Jelavic to really step up and show what this team is all about. You can probably count Bougherra in there, too. Too many players hiding, unavailable or just not doing it, IMO. Give Mr McCoist time, and I think it'll work out alright.

I tried, i tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, i was supportive, i defended him when others slaughtered him. I was confused when people said he played well against Motherwell, i didnt see it. Tonight we seen him on the right, the position fans have been screaming to see hi in, he looked like he was lost, no ability, no pace, no hunger, no desire, no skill, nothing. He will never be good enough for Rangers. I dont have the words to describe how bad he was tonight.

Aye, although, the new signings and shocking drops in form can't have made it easy, never mind the injuries. I'm sure he'd have been looking for Shagger (who has), Whittaker, Papac (my personal favourite - a bit concerned about the illness to be honest), Davis, Jig, Edu, Naissy and Jelavic to really step up and show what this team is all about. You can probably count Bougherra in there, too. Too many players hiding, unavailable or just not doing it, IMO. Give Mr McCoist time, and I think it'll work out alright.

I'd agree with you except I wouldn't include Edu and McCulloch in there.

I will happily give Ally time.

But come the end of the transfer window and when all of his signging are here and everyone is fit if Edu and McCulloch are still our CM pairing then that would be the final straw for me. By that I mean if he continues to play them when better option are available.

I wish for the day Edu and Jig are nowhere near the first team.

Ive bn tryin to be positive and give him chances but he aint impressin me at all so far but it is still early and he is still learnin english, highly doubt Broadfoot is fluent in Spanish so cant imagine much communication goin on.

I'd agree with you except I wouldn't include Edu and McCulloch in there.

I will happily give Ally time.

But come the end of the transfer window and when all of his signging are here and everyone is fit if Edu and McCulloch are still our CM pairing then that would be the final straw for me. By that I mean if he continues to play them when better option are available.

I wish for the day Edu and Jig are nowhere near the first team.

But, as senior players you'd be expecting them to do a job, no? I really don't see a future for McCulloch, he was, once, a very effective player and did a job for us at DM; but he's just not good enough anymore - pointing at the guy as he runs off your shoulder isn't defending.

Edu I still hope for. I think shows flashes of real ability, if only he could do it consistently......

But, as senior players you'd be expecting them to do a job, no? I really don't see a future for McCulloch, he was, once, a very effective player and did a job for us at DM; but he's just not good enough anymore - pointing at the guy as he runs off your shoulder isn't defending.

Edu I still hope for. I think shows flashes of real ability, if only he could do it consistently......

Honestly no. They are not good enough so I don't expect anything from them.

I don't expect them to do something they are not good enough to do.

I do however expect our Manager to see they are not good enough.

Honestly no. They are not good enough so I don't expect anything from them.

I don't expect them to do something they are not good enough to do.

I do however expect our Manager to see they are not good enough.

No argument to that.

But it then raises the question, why are they playing week-in, week-out? Are there contractual stipulations that they have to play? Or is it a monetary decision (certainly in Jig's situation), that the high earners have to play? Either way is worrying.

No argument to that.

But it then raises the question, why are they playing week-in, week-out? Are there contractual stipulations that they have to play? Or is it a monetary decision (certainly in Jig's situation), that the high earners have to play? Either way is worrying.

I really have no answer to that. It is really worrying though.

He played terribly tonight, he just looks lost...dunno if it's the language barrier. I'd never heard of him before he came, looked alright in pre-season but has shown to have no pace and can't beat a player. Hope it's just a phase but it can't continue or he's dropped, no one to come in though lol. We have Naisy who can play at RM yeah but I prefer him more in a more central role. We think there's problems with the left side, the right is by no means any better.