Now Im Just A Supporter From Canada

weedurranty

Im so sick and tired of us making the same mistakes over and over again each year and never learning from them.

Fact: we need money. The best way to make money is to be ready for Champions League play.

So, what do we do? have a brief Training camp in Germany with 3 friendlies, don't sign anyone. We identify signing targets we have no chance of signing in time for these games.

In future, perhaps a new approach might be healthy. IE. if you can't sign players and have them play at least 7-10 games together prior to the season, then play the youngsters ie. Perry, Wylde et al so that they gel together with the other guys. Then, at the least, if we don't qualify you have found out about these guys.

Also,

For instance:

1. if you know you need to be in mid season form by August, start pre season training 3 weeks earlier, play stern opposition and have the same 11-14 play several games together.

2. Dave Weir is 41, do you not think that you might need to find a replacement, even if it is a youngster prior to European qualifying games. instead of having a last minute signing fly all over Europe to arrive at the ground 30 minutes before kick off...then wonder why we lose stupid goals?

3. Mo Edu is NOT athletic, he can't pass and is not creative...so stop playing him.

anyone else like to add more?

sorry for the rant but i just feel that Scottish football is so entrenched in their ways that they fail to recognize when change is necessary.

And before you criticize my remarks, I watch every game online, read all the papers etc.

oh yeah and the following should never play again for us and are holding the clubback :whittaker: :weir: :ortiz: :kerkar: :3070edu: :mcculloch: :broadfoot:

I'd like to add Wylde to that list first,he is piss poor,greedy and his final ball is brutal aswell. If I opened a gate at the front of the Broomloan I think he would run all the way up the steps along the top of the stand and back down cos that's all he can do and there's no footballing brain there at all. Also I don't see what Kerkar has done for people to dislike him,we need a good left winger,he can play there and he's played all off about 15 minutes of football for us needs a chance. And lastly can I ask why professional footballers playing for Rangers can't beat the first man/get the ball of the ground with a cross? Me and my mates play better crosses than Davis/Wylde/Broadfoot down the park on a Sunday and it frustrates the life out of me.

Im so sick and tired of us making the same mistakes over and over again each year and never learning from them.

Fact: we need money. The best way to make money is to be ready for Champions League play.

So, what do we do? have a brief Training camp in Germany with 3 friendlies, don't sign anyone. We identify signing targets we have no chance of signing in time for these games.

In future, perhaps a new approach might be healthy. IE. if you can't sign players and have them play at least 7-10 games together prior to the season, then play the youngsters ie. Perry, Wylde et al so that they gel together with the other guys. Then, at the least, if we don't qualify you have found out about these guys.

Also,

For instance:

1. if you know you need to be in mid season form by August, start pre season training 3 weeks earlier, play stern opposition and have the same 11-14 play several games together.

2. Dave Weir is 41, do you not think that you might need to find a replacement, even if it is a youngster prior to European qualifying games. instead of having a last minute signing fly all over Europe to arrive at the ground 30 minutes before kick off...then wonder why we lose stupid goals?

3. Mo Edu is NOT athletic, he can't pass and is not creative...so stop playing him.

sorry for the rant but i just feel that Scottish football is so entrenched in their ways that they fail to recognize when change is necessary.

And before you criticize my remarks, I watch every game online, read all the papers etc.

oh yeah and the following should never play again for us and are holding the clubback :whittaker: :weir: :ortiz: :kerkar: :3070edu: :mcculloch: :broadfoot:

imo :kerkar: should get a chance, he looks really good but is never played.

"instead of having a last minute signing fly all over Europe to arrive at the ground 30 minutes before kick off...then wonder why we lose stupid goals?"

I said the same last week when some folks said his experience was more valuable than playing Perry.

Perry actually had the most experience of playing with, and training with, the Rangers at this point, which in my opinion, was more important.

I think Scottish clubs began their pre season friendlies earlier than most other countries. The actual season started in July this year. With that in mind, I feel we should have been more than ready to play Malmo in the CL qualifier.. We simply lost that game because we weren't good enough and proved it wasn't a freak result by losing again to Maribor. Bringing them back any earlier probably wouldn't have made a difference..

Your other points I totally agree with and the players you've selected as not good enough are spot on IMO.

Think the mistakes we have made in previous years is spending money we don't have. Now Whyte has come in, balanced the books and is looking for us to live within our means. And as disappointing as it is to have gone out of europe, I'd hate to go back to the mess we've been in the past decade or so!

We had players more then capable of beating Maribor and Malmo. Blame the team, not the chairman.

Also,

For instance:

3. Mo Edu is NOT athletic, he can't pass and is not creative...so stop playing him. watch what your saying craig might offer you a job :rolleyes:

I'd like to add Wylde to that list first,he is piss poor,greedy and his final ball is brutal aswell. If I opened a gate at the front of the Broomloan I think he would run all the way up the steps along the top of the stand and back down cos that's all he can do and there's no footballing brain there at all. Also I don't see what Kerkar has done for people to dislike him,we need a good left winger,he can play there and he's played all off about 15 minutes of football for us needs a chance. And lastly can I ask why professional footballers playing for Rangers can't beat the first man/get the ball of the ground with a cross? Me and my mates play better crosses than Davis/Wylde/Broadfoot down the park on a Sunday and it frustrates the life out of me.

bit harsh on wylde young boy just learning? and any useless cunt can play sunday league :disappointment:

wee wylde was only one of 3 who got pass marks from me last night, think you are being harsh to the boy.always wanted the ball.Don't think you know what you are on about to be honest.

No Surrender

Rab

wee wylde was only one of 3 who got pass marks from me last night, think you are being harsh to the boy.always wanted the ball.Don't think you know what you are on about to be honest.

No Surrender

Rab

I thought Wylde did Ok last night, considering he's a young lad learning his trade. He, like us, was let down by the more experienced players in the team not turning up, and being there to help and encourage him.

bit harsh on wylde young boy just learning? and any useless cunt can play sunday league :disappointment:

and any useless cunt in Sunday league can get some air on a cross or beat the first man,our players struggle :disappointment:

Agree with the OP, however it doesn't change the fact that the players we already had last season, without any new signings, should have been good enough to beat Malmo and Maribor. Defensive lapses and wrong tactics by McCoist cost us in the first leg, in the second poor finishing and discipline (and a fluke wondergoal by that Malmo player) did. The two Maribor games were terrible all around, bar some of the first half in Maribor.

OK - we need to get into the CL for the £18m that's been quoted - and is sorely needed by the Club.

So why do we give these guys a 3/4 week holiday at the end of the season? And then we struggle to get match fit?

We were flyng at the end of last season, so why not keep that level of performance ticking over for few more weeks by playing friendlies during the so-called holiday period? Then we go into the CL qualifiers still at a good level of match fitness, and we have a good chance of grabbing the £18m. Share out some of the CL money to compensate the players who don't get a holiday. Simples.

Desperate times call for desparate measures.... but I don't get that feeling from the approach to the CL qualifiers, or our performance in the transfer market.

Old Bear having a slightly drunken rant just now; but who decrees the players need to have 3/4 weeks holiday - especially when there is so much money at stake?

I'm sure most of us would give up a holiday for once if it meant our employer (ie the Club) would get on a real sound financial footing. Just a thought....

OK - we need to get into the CL for the £18m that's been quoted - and is sorely needed by the Club.

So why do we give these guys a 3/4 week holiday at the end of the season? And then we struggle to get match fit?

We were flyng at the end of last season, so why not keep that level of performance ticking over for few more weeks by playing friendlies during the so-called holiday period? Then we go into the CL qualifiers still at a good level of match fitness, and we have a good chance of grabbing the £18m. Share out some of the CL money to compensate the players who don't get a holiday. Simples.

Desperate times call for desparate measures.... but I don't get that feeling from the approach to the CL qualifiers, or our performance in the transfer market.

Old Bear having a slightly drunken rant just now; but who decrees the players need to have 3/4 weeks holiday - especially when there is so much money at stake?

I'm sure most of us would give up a holiday for once if it meant our employer (ie the Club) would get on a real sound financial footing. Just a thought....

It's a very difficult situation because they do need a break if long term injuries are to be avoided but at the same time the CL money really is essential ... the only solution I can think of is starting the season in early July and finishing in late April which doesn't really appeal :anguish:

We are a proffesional football team who has won a domestic league

What went wrong ?

We went white water rafting to celebrate - no harm the lads deserved to have some fun.

Where it all goes wrong for me is the prepatration for the new season and a new manager from that day on.

Plan of action pre season tour in germay we were humilated by no mark yeam and didnt win any games

We played Blackpool away and the usual pointless Linfield in Northern Ireland game

then Chelsea at home - not exactly continental opposition ?

Great preparation or playing in europe and now Ibrox once a dreaded game for foreigners

now its a guaranteed win !

We need to re -focus play as many games friendlys against any european team at ibrox

i dont care if we play any one that cant make the champs league or europa league because we didnt !

which despite the crowd inrimidation hype is becoming a joke .

We need to learn from our weakness and it pains me to say we are useless at ibrox

its the F**** truth recently.

Anyone wants to question the stastics of one win in 25 home games.

We need to act now - keep the scots boys and get rid of edu - beattie - healy - ortiz -kerkar- passengers

and if jelavic wants away the club are bigger than that for all his supporters

he wasnt able to play last season through red tape - had four games this time- where was our prso ?

and people who say "acchh well it's only europe, bring on #55" are missing the name of the game. In today's game, it's all about money, not adding to a record from a piss poor league. Short sightedness has gotten us nowhere recently

Thanks for that Mr Lawwell, but you've posted this on the wrong board