5 Year Contracts

The Weaver

The only guy deserving of a long term contract is McGregor. Whittaker and Wylde come on and dont get me started on Davis. Davis is in a comfort zone that no one else at the club is allowed. If he was not an NI prody he would have been found out long ago.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The only guy deserving of a long term contract is McGregor. Whittaker and Wylde come on and dont get me started on Davis. Davis is in a comfort zone that no one else at the club is allowed. If he was not an NI prody he would have been found out long ago.

Harsh as fuck that.

Has his good games and his bad games, but when on form no-one in Scottish football dictates a game better.

At the end of the day contracts mean nothing as for McGregor he will not be hanging around too long unless he has no ambition, he certainly wont get any with us unless he is happy just beating the scum

Davis? just milks it season after season dont really care about the other 5th and 6th raters they are a lost cause but we are stuck with them, its just one big donkey farm!

Steven Davis is easily our best midfielder. Probably the best in Scotland.

Probably better to add unless the going gets tough.There are games when we are on top and he plays like a top quality player but many games where he plays as if he is wearing lead boots and shrinks into the background when things are not going so well.However, he is certainly head and shoulders above the rest of our established midfieldersand perhaps that is where the problems lie?

5 Year contracts are not necessarily a bad thing for the club, depending on the players right enough. It in no way means that players wont be going, it just means that we would be in a far stronger negotiating position. I always remember Stilian Petrov signing a long term deal then disappearing to Aston villa within months. It always looked to me as if it was a setup. Not so convinced anyone is looking to steal Whittaker right enough!

Being critical of Davis is not just my shout. Admitely he was good in the first few months at Rangers but if you ask Aston Villa and Fulham they will say the same.I think to base our concept around a player that does well 1 game out of 8 is folly.

Shagger's was the best one to secure as we can now demand a proper and worthy fee for him.

I don't doubt that , but i bet Whyte is now asking himself , why was i so quick at offering these crazy contracts , because there was no need to do it that quickly ..........

Being critical of Davis is not just my shout. Admitely he was good in the first few months at Rangers but if you ask Aston Villa and Fulham they will say the same.I think to base our concept around a player that does well 1 game out of 8 is folly.

Think it's better than 1 out of 8 myself... particularly when played in the centre, but each to their own.

An excellent player at times but his inconsistency is very frustrating. I was stunned at the price we paid for him as his form during his loan spell was up and down too, a pattern which has been all too evident throughout his career. He certainly does get an easy ride from the support, along with his fellow countryman, Lafferty.

Rangers and for that matter Corinthians of Parkhead with the support that weve got should be doing better.Rangers have 10 times the turnover of Maribor and yet we cant get by them. Corinthians of Parkhead are the same. Poor as fuck.

I am the only guy on here that cant be bothered with the bullshit that playing players in there correct position suddenly makes them good. Sure it doesnt help to play a right back on the left wing but is that not what weve always done? Weve went from Laudrup to Ortiz and that says everything.

I am the only guy on here that cant be bothered with the bullshit that playing players in there correct position suddenly makes them good. Sure it doesnt help to play a right back on the left wing but is that not what weve always done? Weve went from Laudrup to Ortiz and that says everything.

Exactly , Gazza or Laudrup could have played anywhere .

Quality always comes through ........

And Corinthians of Parkhead have gone from Larsson to Samaras. Reality check, Scotland doesn't have millions to spend anymore. Stop living in the past.

Corinthions of parkhead was something that I never put up. Only the people that run this site will know that one. To mention the tims on here apparenty gets you unworthy. I dislike that club no end and anything about them finds me offensive.